Chapter 51 – I actually felt that!
266 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Elder had begun his test on Spencer, taking a deeply centered stance whilst throwing a punch carrying an immense amount of power behind it. The pressure released from the Elders punch had forced its way through space and created a massive burst of energy, blowing Shaya and Cassa away and forming a dust screen. He had then returned to standing with his arms behind his back and began making his towards the other two. He began brushing the dust from his shoulders as he moved away from where Spencer was.

"Where are you going?"

The head of the Elder quickly spun around in surprise from the voice heard behind him. Fully turning around and looking at the area where he was before, from the cloud of dust came Spencer, relatively unscathed and covered in dirt, shaking himself off, he spoke.

"Did you honestly think I would die from something like that?"

The face of the Elder held even more surprise seeing that Spencer was unharmed from his attack. Unfolding his harms and taking a more vigilant stance, the elder spoke back to Spencer.

"Y͓̽o͓̽u͓̽'r͓̽e͓̽ t͓̽h͓̽e͓̽ f͓̽i͓̽r͓̽s͓̽t͓̽ t͓̽o͓̽ s͓̽u͓̽r͓̽v͓̽i͓̽v͓̽e͓̽ a͓̽ h͓̽i͓̽t͓̽ f͓̽r͓̽o͓̽m͓̽ m͓̽e͓̽."

An expectant grin grew on the Elder's face as he looked at Spencer. His body began to glow as he went into a battle form akin to a horse stance, channeling energy until his body began to glow a blue hue.

L͓̽e͓̽t͓̽'͓̽s͓̽ ͓̽s͓̽e͓̽e͓̽ ͓̽h͓̽o͓̽w͓̽ ͓̽f͓̽a͓̽r͓̽ ͓̽y͓̽o͓̽u͓̽ ͓̽c͓̽a͓̽n͓̽ ͓̽g͓̽o͓̽!͓̽

The Elder vanished instantaneously and appeared before Spencer. Drawing his fist covered in more energy than before, then quickly thrusting it forward as he stomped his feet, causing a colossal web of fissures to form on the ground beneath his foot. The Elder's fist colliding with Spencer caused the energy engulfing it to immediately channel itself into him in an instant, forcing its way through his body to cause as much internal damage as possible.

Retracting his fist and observing in disbelief, the Elder witnessed Spencer looking down at him as if he was beginning to lose interest. Steam exiting his nose as the residual energy from the attack left his body, Spencer held his stomach to discern if there was any visible damage on his frame. He was quickly disappointed to see that the flashy attack the Elder performed did not stimulate him in the slightest. Expressing his dissatisfaction with a sigh, he looked towards the Elder who only stood in shock.

"I was actually hoping for more than that... Well, I guess it's my turn now."

Wasting no time, Spencer vanished without a trace, and within that same time frame, a bone-shattering crackle reverberated in the field as the pulse of a shockwave was formed whilst the Elder was sent rocketing into the surrounding walls. Spencer had then promptly reappeared in his previous location with his left fist extended. A visible coating of emerald-colored blood covering the very fist that was held out. Looking down at his fist whilst examining the almost gleaming blood covering it.

While Spencer was busy examining the blood covering his fist, the view of the event was promptly switched over to the Elder embedded into the wall. Coming closer to where he was completely visible, a gaping imprint in the shape of a fist firmly rested in his chest, rendering him stagnant as he appeared to be dead to anyone who could see him at the moment.

However, this premonition was quickly dispersed as a raging pillar rose to the sky from the body of the Elder, the gaping hole in his chest was instantly repaired whilst he began to float out of the rubble of the wall, rising to a point where he could see the entirety of the field below him.

I͓̽t͓̽'͓̽s͓̽ ͓̽t͓̽i͓̽m͓̽e͓̽ ͓̽f͓̽o͓̽r͓̽ ͓̽t͓̽h͓̽i͓̽s͓̽ ͓̽t͓̽o͓̽ ͓̽c͓̽o͓̽m͓̽e͓̽ ͓̽t͓̽o͓̽ ͓̽a͓̽n͓̽ ͓̽e͓̽n͓̽d͓̽!͓̽

The Elder's voice was much louder than before as the light emanating from his body grew stronger than ever before. A blinding flash of light filled the field before abruptly dimming as if it was never there, once the light had completely faded, the body of the Elder was revealed. Spencer sensing a change in the atmosphere stopped examining the blood and looked up at the Elder, his bearing witness to the changes that took place.

The Being that was there before had vanished, leaving behind a new form in its place. Spencer raised a brow in bewilderment as to what he was looking at, the Elder had gone through a change that he had not expected. As of right now, the Elder's body was covered in elegant white fur, except for his chest and lower abdomen. His eyes glowed bright platinum whilst his body began to emit a surge of violent energy into the area around him.

Spencer was greatly impressed by the Elder's new, more serious appearance. Seeing as the fight was about to continue just as before, he hastily assimilated the blood that was on his fist into his body, but he did not bother to access its traits before he had seen what the Elder was capable of. Once the blood had vanished from his fist, he stood in wait for the first attack to be launched. As if to meet his expectations, the Elder's body began to fade away into the wind.

Violently flung to the side akin to a ragdoll, Spencer was rocketed into a section of the surrounding walls without the slightest warning. Upon impact, the section of the wall collapsed around him revealing the outside city. The Elder then appeared in the previous location of Spencer with his fist extended, remaining in place while facing the direction Spencer was sent flying, waiting to see if he gets back up.

Soon enough, a massive chunk of the rubble was sent flying towards him, almost colliding with his face, but the Elder casually evaded the chunk of rubble and continued to place his focus on the area where Spencer was sent.

Moving the rubble out of the way whilst standing back up, Spencer started rubbing his right cheek in surprise and anticipation. A maniacal grin slowly began to form on his face as he removed his hand to see a red mark in the shape of a fist on his cheek. Though it promptly vanished in an instant, the feeling was remembered, a feeling that hadn't been felt in ages.

"I actually felt that!"

Speaking out his surprise in an unnaturally happy tone, Spencer's face contorted as his smile grew deeper whilst taking up a more sadistic appearance.

"Do it again!!!"

Planting his feet into the ground whilst flickering out of existence, Spencer launched himself towards the Elder and appeared above him. Swinging his fist down, causing the punch to connect to the Elder's face, burying him into the ground as an explosion decimated the field.

Shaya and Cassa had no choice but to levitate a far enough distance above the fight to not get caught up in the battle.

"This shouldn't be possible!! The Elder is capable of laying waste to entire advanced civilizations... How is one unknown being causing him to go all out like this?!" Shaya exclaimed with utter shock on her face.

Cassa who was next to her was just as confused as Shaya was.

"I don't know, but the one thing I do know is if this keeps going, it will spread to the city!"

Returning to the fight, the Elder had burst through the ground and sent a barrage of punches towards Spencer, all of which he accepted with open arms. Every punch causing a burst of energy growing stronger and stronger with each blow. Throughout this entire experience, Spencer could not stop himself from smiling.

As the Elder's onslaught finished, he began his own. The two vanished as shockwaves blared left and right within the remains of the field, each appearing for less than a moment before vanishing once more into the endless overflowing cascade of blows. The fight seemed as if it would never come to an end, but then all attacks ceased, whilst the two stood before one another.

No words were said as the Elder gave Spencer a glare whilst looking at his ecstatic expression while the fight progressed. Seeming to have reached his final tolerance threshold, the Elder raised his palm in the direction of Spencer and twisted it to his right. Spencer had once again raised his brow in confusion as to what he could be doing, but as he was thinking, he was immediately surrounded by a sphere of platinum energy and raised off the ground. The Elder then raised his hand into the air, prompting the sphere to ascend to the sky with Spencer in it.

Reaching the height where he could view the entire world below him, Spencer did not resist the attack to see what it could do. On, the hand of the Elder swiftly closed, causing an immediate reaction with the sphere. A large, massive explosion resounded in the sky above, momentary replacing the light of the stars.

Shaya and Cassa who had seen the explosion were utterly baffled. An explosion of that scale would have easily erased this entire civilization along with a portion of the landmass as well. From the sky, an object began to fall back to the ground covered in smoke, rather quickly, it collided with the ground not too far from the Elder.

After some time, the object began to rise from the crater and walked out.

"Yes! This is it! This is what I needed!"

Rushing from the crater towards the Elder, Spencer opened his palm and formed a profoundly condensed ball of purple energy, slamming it into the chest of the Elder who could not perceive his movements for that brief moment. Once forced into the chest of the Elder, all of the energy within it had been released, expanding into a colossal beam of pure energy, vaporizing all forms of matter that was behind the Elder and forcing itself into the outside world beyond the barrier.

Quickly dissipating, the beam vanished, making the destruction that was caused, along with the heavily wounded Elder visible. His left arm completely evaporated while his upper body was covered in burns. Spencer who had finally used a crude portion of his full strength had seen the condition of his opponent and was left stumped.

The Elder looked to be out of breath, appearing to be under a great amount of psychological and physical strain, breathing heavily whilst holding his left shoulder from the pain of his missing arm. Unlike Spencer, who's healing factor had removed any injuries from the fight the moment they had appeared on his body, the Elder wasn't so lucky and was fatally injured, or so Spencer thought.

Right before his eyes, the left arm of the Elder shot out of the wound as the burns over his body began to fade. As his body recovered, he began moving his arm around to check its condition, seeing that there were no issues, the Elder looked up at Spencer and spoke.

I͓̽t͓̽ ͓̽h͓̽a͓̽s͓̽ ͓̽b͓̽e͓̽e͓̽n͓̽ ͓̽q͓̽u͓̽i͓̽t͓̽e͓̽ ͓̽s͓̽o͓̽m͓̽e͓̽ ͓̽t͓̽i͓̽m͓̽e͓̽ ͓̽w͓̽h͓̽e͓̽n͓̽ ��͓I͓̽ ͓̽h͓̽a͓̽d͓̽ ͓̽b͓̽e͓̽e͓̽n͓̽ ͓̽h͓̽u͓̽r͓̽t͓̽ ͓̽t͓̽o͓̽ ͓̽a͓̽n͓̽y͓̽w͓̽h͓̽e͓̽r͓̽e͓̽ ͓̽n͓̽e͓̽a͓̽r͓̽ ͓̽t͓̽o͓̽ ͓̽t͓̽h͓̽i͓̽s͓̽ ͓̽d͓̽e͓̽g͓̽r͓̽e͓̽e͓̽.͓̽.͓̽.͓̽ ͓̽I͓̽ ͓̽w͓̽a͓̽n͓̽t͓̽ ͓̽t͓̽o͓̽ ͓̽c͓̽o͓̽n͓̽t͓̽i͓̽n͓̽u͓̽e͓̽ ͓̽t͓̽h͓̽i͓̽s͓̽ ͓̽f͓̽i͓̽g͓̽h͓̽t͓̽ ͓̽j͓̽u͓̽s͓̽t͓̽ ͓̽a͓̽s͓̽ ͓̽m͓̽u͓̽c͓̽h͓̽ ͓̽a͓̽s͓̽ ͓̽y͓̽o͓̽u͓̽ ͓̽d͓̽o͓̽,͓̽ ͓̽b͓̽u͓̽t͓̽ ͓̽I͓̽ ͓̽d͓̽o͓̽ ͓̽n͓̽o͓̽t͓̽ ͓̽w͓̽a͓̽n͓̽t͓̽ ͓̽t͓̽o͓̽ ͓̽c͓̽a͓̽u͓̽s͓̽e͓̽ ͓̽h͓̽a͓̽r͓̽m͓̽ ͓̽t͓̽o͓̽ ͓̽m͓̽y͓̽ ͓̽p͓̽e͓̽o͓̽p͓̽l͓̽e͓̽ ͓̽i͓̽n͓̽ ͓̽t͓̽h͓̽e͓̽ ͓̽p͓̽r͓̽o͓̽c͓̽e͓̽s͓̽s͓̽.͓̽ ͓̽Y͓̽o͓̽u͓̽ ͓̽h͓̽a͓̽v͓̽e͓̽ ͓̽d͓̽o͓̽n͓̽e͓̽ ͓̽m͓̽o͓̽r͓̽e͓̽ ͓̽t͓̽h͓̽a͓̽n͓̽ ͓̽t͓̽o͓̽ ͓̽p͓̽r͓̽o͓̽v͓̽e͓̽ ͓̽y͓̽o͓̽u͓̽r͓̽s͓̽e͓̽l͓̽f͓̽,͓̽ ͓̽a͓̽n͓̽d͓̽ ͓̽I͓̽ ͓̽w͓̽i͓̽s͓̽h͓̽t͓̽o͓̽ ͓̽l͓̽e͓̽a͓̽r͓̽n͓̽ ͓̽m͓̽o͓̽r͓̽e͓̽ ͓̽a͓̽b͓̽o͓̽u͓̽t͓̽ ͓̽w͓̽h͓̽a͓̽t͓̽ ͓̽y͓̽o͓̽u͓̽ ͓̽a͓̽r͓̽e͓̽.͓̽

Comprehending what the Elder had just said had caused Spencer to feel somewhat disappointed. He could sense that the Elder had somehow grown stronger after recovering from the attack he had launched. However, he understood, he could see the damage that was caused, and he knew that it would only grow if they both decided to continue this fight.

Raising his arms lazily in the air, Spencer replied.

"This fight was the best I have had in a while, but I understand your concern. I can comply, but only if you listen to a request of mine."

From that moment on, the fight had come to an end, Spencer had told the Elder his request of gaining some of his blood. The Elder found the request to be rather strange and was very reluctant to grant it, so he decided that he would consider the request for the time being. After the initial conversation between them, the Elder had called the speechlessly horrified Shaya and Cassa down to guide Spencer to the temple so that he could fix the damage that was caused to the city.

Spencer had left with the two without any objections, observing with great amusement as the two looked at him with nothing but fear in their eyes. Once they had arrived at the temple, he was led to a room.

Although calling it simply a 'room' would be a great understatement, the internal structure was roughly 50 yards in all directions, sorted with a living area, and what looked to be some form of training equipment.

He was told to wait there until the Elder had returned, but he left that decision up to his mood as he was currently laid down in a rather large bed in the room, left with nothing to do but wait.

"Maybe I should learn some fighting techniques while I'm here..."

Saying that last sentence, Spencer closed his eyes and went into a state similar to sleep.

 

=====

For early access to upcoming future chapters (work-in-progress ones as well, as well as a bonusexclusive content to all my current and future works, please consider visiting my Patreon).

Benefits include (but are not limited to): 

>> Read up to 20 chapters ahead of the curve (All the way to Chapter 92, which is still in the making!) 

>> Extra bonus material, side content, side chapters WITH ILLUSTRATIONS! A 3 part Side Story featuring Spencer's Kingdom, with the siblings, Castor, Hopi, and Yurok at its very center! With a sprinkle of Atlantian scheming added to the mix, this almost 10K words long 3-part story promises you a great time!

>> Nifty PDF format for each chapter/complete volume

>> Compiled E-Book when a volume is completed!

>> Write your story/character idea and have it featured (more details on Patreon)!

 

Your support is what would allow me to be able to pursue this avenue to be a better writer/author and provide even more content!

9