Chapter 55 – Milo
250 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Standing amidst the bodies of Basir's unconscious companions, Spencer was looking with a calm expression at the audience in the spacious training hall.

Seeing as there was no response, he spoke once again. This time, however, his voice became like a peal of roaring thunder, it violently echoed across the entire hall reaching its farthest corners.

"Anybody else wishing to teach me a lesson? I'm right here, where is that pride that this…" he pointed at the mutilated remains of Basir, who was already being taken care of by Cassa and Shaya as he continued. "...this champion of yours was spouting? Was it all nonsense?! Your Elder told me that your people respect strength… So far, what I've seen is pretty disappointing."

"Such big words!" A majestic male voice resounded from within the crowd further to the northeast. As the crowd separated a large sturdy-looking figure came forward. His well-built body revealed a spectacular mesomorph build. White tribal motifs snaked from his chest down both of his arms. What was interesting, however, was that at the top of his hands, the tattoo seemingly separated into 5 similar lines, ending their route at the end of his fingers. Upon further inspection, it vaguely resembled a sort of skeleton.

The figure was taller than the rest of the group, towering over his companions by at least ahead, causing Spencer to look at confusion as to how the figure remained unseen so far.

On top of his bald head, there were several unexplainable scars. Arriving in front of Spencer he was more than half a size taller than him, looking similar to a giant when compared to him.

"Such big words!" He reaped with his booming voice and stern gaze.

Spencer calmly matched his gaze, not bothered by the least at the threatening shadow looming over him.

They kept matching each other's gazes, neither of them faltering or showing signs of giving up. The crowd was looking with agitation at this giant, already thinking, envisioning how he would teach Spencer a lesson.

However, contrary to their hopes and dreams, after about a minute of the intense contest, the lips of the giant curved. With a bright, friendly smile, he reached out with his giant hand, offering a handshake.

"Big words, but you do have the power to back it up! Just as you said, we are warriors, we respect strength above all else! Besides…" The giant looked a disdainful look at Basir who was still receiving the emergency treatment. "That prick was annoying as fuck! Drunk on his power just because he had an affinity with fire! He thought he was better than everyone… Eh… " He turned back to Spencer with the same friendly smile returning to his face "Name's Milo, and you are the one they called… Uhm..."

"Spencer." Spencer accepted the offered hand. Although he was smiling on the outside, he was quite annoyed… He hoped to challenge most, if not all of the champions in one go and collect all the essences he needed. However, he forgot the Elder's words and didn't count on such a sudden turn of events.

"Welcome, Spencer!" The giant, Milo shook his hands with a bright smile and great vigor. "I heard you came from somewhere very far, and you are new here, Spencer. Did the girls take you around already?"

"Not yet, I'm afraid. Unfortunately, we have met with a fly that just couldn't leave us be, no matter what…" He replied, obviously referring to Basir.

"Excellent! Then what do you say, come with me, let me take you around!" He responded with boisterous laughter.

"Sure, I don't mind," Spencer replied, then looking at the girls, he asked.

"You girls wouldn't mind if I would accompany Milo here while you are busy with them?"

Hearing the question, Shaya looked at the guy with a mixture of emotions running through his mind. After a brief moment, she steeled herself and spoke up.

"Spencer... Before you go, could you please heal them? I know they were in the wrong, but I don't want them to die because of that..."

Spencer sighed with a tired expression listening to her plea. Although they were annoying, they were mere ants, flies in front of him, not enough to be considered a threat. On top of that, he did provoke them just to have a reason to get some 'samples'.

"Fine. But only to keep them stable before you take them all to your infirmary."

As he said that, he quickly flickered, vanishing from his spot, only to appear next to the closest unconscious warrior. Using his purple energy he stabilized his condition. As the color gradually returned to the warrior's face, he was already next to the second warrior, repeating the process. A few moments later, he was already back in his position, ready to leave.

However, Shaya's coughing interrupted him, looking at Basir.

"Please… Him too. Even if he was in the wrong. He shouldn't need to die..."

Spencer didn't respond, he simply appeared above Basir. Giving him the same treatment, he quickly healed his most obvious injuries, stabilizing him so he could be treated and eventually restored in a span of a few long, arduous months.

"There. It's done." Then he turned towards the slack-jawed Milo, he continued. "Come on big guy, show me around as you promised!"

---

Walking through the stone corridors a fair-skinned bald giant could be seen accompanied by a much smaller figure. As they crossed through the stone hallways, the smaller man, Spencer, was looking at the brightly glowing white crystalline objects embedded on both sides of the wall. They seemed to be used as a means of lighting, however, Spencer couldn't see how they were activated.

Crossing through the hallway, Milo's voice could be heard echoing.

"So just as I mentioned this energy we are born with, what we call 'Fasha', are the source of our powers. Usually, an average child after the awakening is somewhere between 200-300 in terms of power, Fasha Energy, or FE as we call it. That would place them at the very beginning of their journey, the First Level of the beginning stages of foundation, the Proto Initiation stage."

'Huh, so I am considered a child with my current power…' Spencer thought to himself.

"Then, uhm…" Milo continued with his impromptu explanation. "We have uhm… Three stages… with 5 levels recognized in each…" As he struggled with his explanation, he eventually sighed, stopping in his tracks, and looked at Spencer.

"Look, Shaya will be much better at explaining this… Look, let me just take you to a cool place. After that, I'm sure that the girls will be able to give you all the explanation you need."

Turning around he continued with his steps, walking through the long hallway.

As they walked, Spencer pointed at the nearest one and asked with a curious expression on his face.

"What are these? How do you turn them on?"

Looking at where Spencer was pointing at, Milo asked in confusion.

"The crystals? They are used so we could see in the dark."

Sighing, Spencer tried again.

"Yeah I could also guess that, but how do you activate them?" Remembering how Shaya used the scanner earlier, he continued. "Is it how you use the scanner? With your energy?"

Milo still couldn't understand why he was asking something so basic. Regardless, he still earnestly answered as he nodded his head.

"Yes. Most of the stuff works like that…"

"I see, I see…" Spencer responded with a thoughtful look, seemingly lost in his thoughts.

As they continued crossing through the hallway, they eventually stopped in front of an inconspicuous looking wooden door. There were no marks, no symbols painted on it. However, Spencer felt multiple life signs from the other side, some with similar intensity as Milo.

"What is this room?" Spencer asked as Milo reached for the lever.

"This? Hehe…" Instead of answering, Milo pushed on the lever and opened the door.

Looking inside Spencer was greeted with a much smaller training hall, probably at around the third in size of the main room. Inside there were only a dozen people silently focusing on their training. Some seemed to be meditating, some seemed to be silently punching the air as the tattoos in their arms lit up.

None of them seemed to notice, or care about the new arrival, they kept to themselves.

"This… Welcome to the Top 10!" Milo responded as his huge arms swept through the air. "This training room is dedicated to the real champions of our people, the leaders of the Ranking Board."

 

>> Read up to MONTHS AHEAD ahead of the curve (All the way to Chapter 93, which is still in the making!) 

>> Extra bonus material, side content, side chapters WITH ILLUSTRATIONS! A 3 part Side Story featuring Spencer's Kingdom, with the siblings, Castor, Hopi, and Yurok at its very center! With a sprinkle of Atlantian scheming added to the mix, this almost 10K words long 3-part story promises you a great time!

>> Nifty PDF format for each chapter/complete volume

>> Compiled E-Book when a volume is completed!

>> Write your story/character idea and have it featured (more details on Patreon)!

 

Your support is what would allow me to be able to pursue this avenue to be a better writer/author and provide even more content!

7