Chapter 58 – Intense Training Session with Cassa
188 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Inside the Champion's Hall, in a training room similar in size to the one the Top Ranked warriors use, the group of four was standing, getting ready for some hands-on training.

Cassa had a wide, very contented grin plastered over his face as she slowly walked in front of Spencer. Cracking her fists, and her neck, she entered a steady battle stance, and with the same sneer, she spoke.

"Don't forget Spencer. You can only use the Fasha inside you, otherwise, this whole training is for nothing!"

Copying her pose, Spencer, who was now about the same height as the girl with dark-red toned markings all over his upper body. He responded calmly.

"I know, don't worry."

Shaya who was standing on the side walked in between them. She first looked at Cassa.

"Cassa, don't forget, the goal is to train and let him get used to his Energy and nothing else. You don't need to go overboard!"

Then looking at Spencer, she continued.

"And Spencer, as we agreed, do not use your powers. Try to rely only on your Fasha. The best and fastest way to increase your reserves is through combat."

Then without waiting for them to respond, she walked back, taking her place next to Milo on the side who was looking at the both of them with a wide grin on his face. He wanted to see how Spencer will fare against them under these limitations.

"Can he win?" He asked the girl next to him.

"I don't know. Maybe. Cassa is very talented, but she is too impulsive. She is taking this opportunity as a chance to get some payback on Spencer. As for Spencer… I don't know. From what I saw and experienced so far, his powers are incredible, but his physical capabilities are just as terrifying. His fighting style, however, is not very refined, it is very wild, feral."

"What happened when you first fought him?" Milo inquired as he kept looking at the combatants still getting ready.

"He almost killed me. I had no chance, I was like a fly against him. The first time he struck back, he beat all three brutally. He pummeled us into the ground."

"Huh…" Milo looked at Spencer with a thoughtful look on his face but didn't say any more. It was impossible to tell what he was thinking of.

"You ready? Let's go!" Cassa suddenly cried out and without giving Spencer time to react she already charged forward. Appearing in front of Spencer, she aimed at his right cheek. Her fist rapidly traveled through the air, and while it didn't seem to carry any Fasha with it, it still looked incredibly dangerous.

Spencer leaned his head back, avoiding the blow while at the same time was already in course with his left palm aiming at her thorax.

However, the speed and strength of his attack were much lower than hers, so Cassa didn't even bother dodging, she simply deflected the blow with her left hand, while also launching a kick from the side, aiming at the right side of his abdomen. There was still no visible Fasha usage on both sides, they were simply testing the grounds.

The kick was blocked with ease, and a second open palm was already flying towards Cassa's chest, just as before. Before the hit could land or be blocked, however, Cassa suddenly jumped back, creating a small distance between them.

"Okay, the warmup is done. Let's kick it up a notch!" She sneered.

At the next moment, the markings on her began to glow, emitting a faint white hue. Planting her feet in the ground, all the muscles in her legs contorted, as she jumped forward with much greater momentum than previously. As she was flying towards Spencer, her fist was already cocked back, gathering all the strength and power it could during its aerial traversal. The marking on her fist started to glow brighter, as she got closer and closer to Spencer's face.

Focusing his mind, he concentrated on his bubbling Fasha inside him as he stared intently at the incoming fist. The dark red markings on his body suddenly lit up, releasing their dark red, scarlet radiance.

Cassa was sure that her fist would land, Spencer still didn't make any move. Although he managed to activate his energy, it was too slow and too late. However just as she was about to crash into his face and send him flying backward Spencer suddenly raised his left arm and received the punch into his open and glowing palm. The speed of his movement was incredibly fast, barely perceptible to their eyes.

Her fist landed against his palm, releasing a vertical shockwave, but it didn't get through, nor did it seem that Spencer got any sort of damage from it.

Jumping back a step once again, Cassa looked at him with disbelief.

"H-how?! Did you cheat?"

Spencer simply smiled at the question but didn't answer. He got back into his previous, starting stance, and looked at the girl, with a mysterious glint in his eyes.

"No. That was pure speed…. Simply incredible…" Shaya dazedly muttered. Even Milo was surprised, he also thought that his previous duel and mysterious speed was the result of his powers.

"What? H-how?" Cassa exclaimed with shock on her face.

However, before she could continue on the topic, she noticed Spencer raising both of his arms into the air.

Remembering Shaya's attack, he also formed a spiral and clenched his fists. In the next instant, he charged forward whilst vigorously stomping his feet, in the same manner as her, and in a quick burst of speed, he sent both of his intensely glowing fists towards the surprised Cassa.

Due to the sudden sneak attack, Cassa had no time to properly react and could only raise her hands in the air trying to deflect the blow. Upon collision, a small shockwave was discharged as Cassa sent flying back, crashing onto the ground and tumbling several meters before she eventually stopped.

"What the… Spencer! Did you copy my movement?" Shaya exclaimed. This was the exact same technique she used against Spencer. She only used it once and didn't even explain it. How did he manage to do it then?

Spencer did not reply to the question, but remained steady, watching as Cassa got back up.

Fury was visible in her eyes, as she put together her hands, and formed a pistol with her index fingers. She aimed it towards Spencer as she angrily growled.

"Oh, now you've done it..."

The markings on her body lit up, as she gathered all the energy she could. After a few seconds, her hands were glowing with intense white light. A small white seed, a tiny ball appeared out of thin air. As the seconds passed, the tiny little ball grew in size, eventually reaching the size of a ping-pong ball.

"TAKE THIS!" She crazily shouted, releasing the gathered ball of energy and shooting it towards Spencer.

He watched as this all unfolded before his eyes, standing calmly, focusing on the tip of her fingers, trying to analyze and understand the technique. As the ball of energy began to fly towards him, he didn't even attempt to defend, he was lost in thought. As the energy collided with his chest, a bright flash of light among a shockwave of the explosion was released and Spencer was sent flying at great speeds, crashing into the wall in the far distance, and creating a Spencer-sized hole through it.

"Cassa, what are you doing?! This was supposed to be a training match, not a life or death battle! You are not supposed to go to such lengths!" Shaya immediately yelled out.

"Hmpf! So what? He deserved it!" Cassa retorted. She really wanted to teach this guy a lesson, from the moment she 'met' him.

A few moments later, the rubbles were pushed aside, as Spencer slowly stood up, completely unharmed. He had a bright smile on his face as walked back.

"That was incredible! Can I do it too?"

Shaya shook her head in response as Spencer walked back.

"No, not yet. You would need more understanding and knowledge, not mention a much greater FE in your body before you would be able to gather enough energy to complete…"

Before Shaya could finish her explanation, Spencer's tattoos suddenly lit up, glowing brightly. He put his hands together, just like Cassa did, and began to concentrate, focusing his energy, guiding it towards the tip of his index fingers.

"Don't waste time Spencer. You will not be able to-"

Cassa's words suddenly froze in her, as she noticed a tiny, miniature spot appear in front of his fingers. Spencer's hands were glowing even brighter than before.

"Impossible!"

"You can't have enough energy!" Both girls cried out in shock. Milo was silent, watching Spencer's action intensely.

The tiny fragment slowly grew in size, slowly growing into the size of a grain. Compared to Cassa, this ball of energy was dark red in color, similar to his markings. Feeling he was about to reach his limit, the ball stopped growing in size.

His face formed a smirk, he called out as the energy bullet shot towards the stunned girl with great speeds.

"Your turn!"

 


 

>> Read up to MONTHS AHEAD ahead of the curve (All the way to Chapter 93, which is still in the making!) 

>> Extra bonus material, side content, side chapters WITH ILLUSTRATIONS! A 3 part Side Story featuring Spencer's Kingdom, with the siblings, Castor, Hopi, and Yurok at its very center! With a sprinkle of Atlantian scheming added to the mix, this almost 10K words long 3-part story promises you a great time!

>> Nifty PDF format for each chapter/complete volume

>> Compiled E-Book when a volume is completed!

>> Write your story/character idea and have it featured (more details on Patreon)!

 

Your support is what would allow me to be able to pursue this avenue to be a better writer/author and provide even more content!

7