10. Steps To Power
77 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Huang Lu decided to check whether anything changed to his menu.

[You've received 25 heavenly coins]

"25? Not 50?" Huang Lu frowned, but then decided it must be just the randomness of the heavens. He wondered, and thought, perhaps the gods above saw his little tip jar, and some of them decided to give him 50, some gave him less because they are cheapskates like that. Or maybe some just didn't like his face and decided to spite him by giving him less. That's just the way the heavens work. After all, they are so high up in the clouds, their brains are probably filled with fluff and air. Maybe they didn't even read Huang Lu's story and decided that Huang Lu was not worthy of 50 Heavenly Coins.

Anyway, now he had 75 Heavenly Coins, and he wondered whether he should buy another cultivation technique-

[ To purchase another cultivation technique, you must reach the 2nd realm!]

"Ah. Smart. It didn't allow me to get too many techniques." Naturally, the gods must restrict the number of techniques someone like Huang Lu got. Think about it, what would happen if someone like Huang Lu could buy as many techniques as he wanted? What would happen, is the divine writer of fates that wrote Huang Lu's story would have to spend time, reading and collecting the skills and techniques from every single chapter, and compile them into a single document. That's horrible, because it happened to the writer's other story, so the writer of Huang Lu's fate decided that Huang Lu should only have a realm-restriction on the total number of techniques.

It's too much work otherwise. It'll be a huge spreadsheet of tables, and who likes to read that anyway?

"But could I upgrade my techniques? Surely if it's just the beginner form, there should be greater forms." Huang Lu wondered correctly.

[ To upgrade the Body of the Descendents of Virtue - costs 100 Heavenly Coin]

"Ah dammit."

Huang Lu sat in his room, and then he heard any shout. He ran out and saw another brigand. The brigand immediately looked at him. "You there. You beat my people."

"I did?" Huang Lu wondered. "I honestly can't remember which one."

"It must be you. There's no one with such a muscular body."

"Well, you can't blame me when everyone else lives such poor lives consuming foods low in nutrients and do not even bother to work out."

The brigand said. "Ain't nobody got time for that."

"No time?"

"Yes. I'm too busy robbing your stupid ass and making money."

Huang Lu's muscles bulged. The brigand flared his lowly middle stage of the 1st realm Qi, thinking Huang Lu's victory was a fluke. Huang Lu's peak of 1st realm flooded the air, and the brigand's face paled, and he wet his pants. "I heard you were just a nobody! How did you get so strong so quickly?"

"I got lucky." Huang Lu got close. "I don't feel like punching someone who peed in his pants. Go off now."

The brigand fled. Huang Lu frowned at the small puddle in front of his rented house. Now he'd have to clean off some pee. He should make it a point to get them to clean up.

3