13. The Feast
62 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The town was a festival, as the Town Lord hosted a feast for its visitors. The 3rd Prince of the Kingdom, which Huang Lu didn't bother remembering the name. After all, these powerful people are so high above that someone like Huang Lu would never encounter them.

"Help me serve the buns at the feast." Bao auntie insisted, and offered to pay him in pork buns. He agreed, since it extended his bun supply by two months.

The town lord supplied the vendors with uniforms, and one of the Lord's many commanders or administrators came to brief them. They would not be serving anywhere near the royalty, of course. They were the odd workers called on to serve an adhoc event. Naturally they were going to serve the other guys. The royal prince's entourage, which was large, had merchants, had administrators, recordkeepers, guards and soldiers, distinguished warriors and so on.

Huang Lu was placed in the serf's area. He did not mind. He did it for some damned good pork buns. There were many other servants and they seemed like pretty alright people.

Of course, the food served to royalty could not be compared to the food served to the lesser entourage. Everything the prince had was special. Special items harvested from strange places or purchases from markets. Even things thst were rumored to be the favourite of the prince.

Huang Lu did not mind serving food. After all it was just not long ago when he became a cultivator.

Everything went well. At first.

Then somebody who seemed a little too drunk walked over to where Huang Lu served food, and started to molest one of the waiting girls. Huang Lu frowned, of course, because the girl was an auntie thats in her late thirties and already had two kids. She screamed, of course, but the man kept doing it.

"I have a husband." The man grabbed her breasts anyway.

"And who will stop me? I am a soldier of the crown." The man said. He flared his Qi, peak of the 1st realm. No one in that part of the feast dared make a move.

Huang Lu sighed. This world was full of trash. He stood up and walked over to the soldier. He remembered how some of the market hawkers tried to deescalate with all these people with power in their head. "Good sir, please sit down."

"And who's this muscular looking man attempted to stop me from enjoying my woman?" The drunk soldier said and flared his Qi. Huang Lu smiled, revealing his somewhat dirty, crooked teeth. He has yet to experience the bodily renewal effects of cultivation.

"I am but a humble waiter, stepping in for my fellow workers. Please, sit down and get a rest. Do you want tea?" Sadly, it's not tea from some special magical god tree, but just ordinary tea.

The drunk soldier punched. His fists landed squarely on Huang Lu's chest, and ended there. Huang Lu did not punch, but merely activated and focused his 2nd realm's presence right on him.He didn't even know how he knew how to do that, but it seemed like the [royal bloodline] wanted to do it. Maybe it was some rule-of-cool shit.

The aura of the 2nd realm caused the drunk soldier to suddenly lose his drunkedness as his face paled. He grumbled, and sat down. "Fine."

The molested auntie gave a look of thanks.

Thank goodness nothing else happened, and Huang Lu resumed his normal duties.

Little did he know then, that there were others who noticed his subtle use of Qi.

1