16. The heavens say no
76 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"No." Huang Lu said as he felt the refusal of the heavenly spirits flooded his body. He was flushed with memories of strange things and numbers like stocks, NFTs, 2D waifus and stranger things that he had never seen before. "No. This is wrong."

He picked up her robes, walked closer to her, and wrapped it around her.

"You're a pretty lady, but you should not need to do this." Huang Lu had an epiphany suddenly, a flood of wisdom he never had. "The world is full of up and downs, and if your lady Qian cannot handle this tribulation, then that does not bode well for the tribulation ahead. There is no need to sell yourself like this."

They turned to hear claps.

As it turned out, Qian Ziyi was watching, she had opened one of the rackety windows of the house. "Sister, there really was no need to do so. I may have been humiliated and defeated by this man, but if I can't even overcome him on my own strength, I would never amount to much anyway."

Huang Lu nodded. "Well said. Now, please leave, I happen to still need my sleep."

Qian Ziyi walked to the junior sister and helped her up. The girl blushed red, and quickly dressed up. "I'm sorry Lady Qian for bringing trouble."

"No bother. It was I who challenged him to a fight." Qian Ziyi gave the junior sister a hug, and pulled her out of the house once she was fully dressed.

Huang Lu wondered why they made such a big about-turn in personality when they were so haughty just a few days ago.

2