20. A larger town
58 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was a large town with easily many more people than the one Huang Lu came from. He felt absolutely like a country bumpkin visiting a big city for the first time. There were multiple market streets here, instead of just two! More market streets, meant more gangs. After all, if the pie is bigger, more rats can have a share.

One of the merchants that he escorted briefly thanked him after payment. "You may want to visit the Eastern Wind Sect. They are located up in the mountains, but they are a reclusive sect, their elders and disciples very rarely leave their mountain. But, it has been said their disciples are as powerful as any of the great sects of the world."

Oh. He wondered how powerful that must be. Surely that meant they were at least in the... 3rd realm? Or maybe just the 2nd realm? He wasn't sure, but maybe there's just a bigger gulf in the larger sects. All these realms and power levels are essentially imaginary since they are always just a little bit more powerful than the main character such that they are always surmountable with a little bit of effort. For someone like Huang Lu who's favored by the heavens, it's usually just enough to beat the bad guy. Usually.

The money wasn't much, but it was enough for him to actually get a place to stay in the large town.

As he stood there and admired how many people were walking about, someone bumped into him. Ah. It's the typical bump-plot. He turned. It was a big man.

"You. Why you standing in the middle of the road. People need to work. Move." The man flexed as if prepared for a fight.

Huang Lu nodded. "Okay." And he moved.

The man stared as Huang Lu walked away. "Wait wait wait. This is the part you are supposed to say that no, I stand where I like."

Huang Lu scratched his head. "Is that how it's done in the cities? I come from a smaller town and I honestly don't know. Do you want me to say that?"

The man flexed. "Yes."

"Alright." Huang Lu walked back and stood in front of the man, and with a well rehearsed voice. "I'm sorry, but I stand where I like."

"Then you'll have to get punched-" Huang Lu punched him first. He was a big man, but in terms of cultivator he was nothing more than middle 1st realm. Huang Lu flexed his glorious muscles.

"I'm sorry? You were saying?"

The man gulped, and walked away.

"Now, what should I do next?" He looked at his briefly scribbled list. 'Travel, Odd jobs, Join a sect and Find a harem?" Who the hell wrote this list for him? Was it the heavens?

The paper seemed to write itself. 'Yes'.

Huang Lu began to wonder whether he's haunted by heavenly spirits.

2