Chapter 1 (Part 3)
285 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I woke up at dawn as the following day arrived.

I had prepared food for a week but almost half of it finished last night. All that was left in the interspatial ring were some raw vegetables and some spices I picked up from Charisma.

I continued my trek instantly after clearing out the camp.

The dungeon I was aiming for was mentioned in the old man, Reginald’s adventure log. It said that he was a wanderer prior to his residence at Carisma and he came here for his last adventure when he stumbled upon this dungeon by chance.

It was not an easy day today. There was heavy snowfall and strong winds striking me at every step. Nevertheless, I continued to walk the path to reach my destination.

I believed that I’d be able to cover more distance now that I got accustomed to the road but it was even harder to trek than yesterday.

As I walked, the snowfall and the winds became fiercer and fiercer. There was a snowstorm up ahead.

I stopped for a second when I saw dark image of some beasts. Three wild beasts were coming towards me from that snowstorm. I made little steps to have a clear image of the approaching beasts. They were snow wolves, uncommon wild beasts, only sightable in extremely cold mountain regions.

They looked ferocious and eager to hunt me down. 

In moments, they collectively jumped at me.

To that, I reacted with Magic Missile to fend them off as I prepared another magic spell continually.

[Magic missile is beginner level magic spell that everyone who has mana can perform. However, it does not offer much firepower and hence makes it difficult to deal damage to such wild beasts.]

My magic missiles had almost no effect on them, probably because of their thick fur. They instantly leapt at me after recovering from my attack.

“Lightning arrow.” Three arrows were formed in front of me as I aimed them towards the wolves.

Within seconds, the wolves were lying on the ground, paralysed.

‘Guess it’s still not enough to kill them!

I took out my short sword and looked at the electrocuted wolves with contempt.

It’s survival of the fittest. I have no time to care about some petty wolves.

With that, I pierced the skull of beasts altogether.

I drained their blood at the spot and put them in my interspatial ring.

“Alright, the food is arranged.”

7