Chapter 1 (Part 4)
238 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I resumed my journey in the snowstorm. It was dark but I could make out two shadows from afar.

These annoying beasts.

I prepared another magic spell while carefully observing them, while they were approaching towards me.

I knew lightning arrow wouldn’t work in this storm, that’s why I was ready to take them head on melee. I activated lightning cloak and charged at them with full speed with my shortsword in hand.

As the distance shortened, their entire figures became visible. Closer and clearer, I immediately realized what I had dived into. Their number was eight times what I had expected.

Cutting through wind and snow, I crossed their numbers and got behind the pack, with several wolves lying at my feet. But it was still not over. There were plenty left. I held out my sword against my face, glaring at the one still standing.

Rather than being intimidated, they were furious at me for their fallen brethren.

“Guess there’s no choice.”

I gathered all the mana I had left and activated lightning cloak, to finish it all at once.

I ran through the expanse and slashed every beast that caught my eye. Within seconds, the snow was dyed blood red. I sighed as I rested by knees on the snow.

I cleaned up and took whatever I needed from dead, quickly. It suddenly got too cold for me to bear. I didn’t know what expression I was wearing but I’m sure I wouldn’t have liked to see a mirror.

The cloak I was wearing constantly absorbed mana from me to warm me up. But my declining mana reserve made it hard to do its functioning.

I picked myself up and ran to get away from the storm.

Ah! A cave.

It was not rare to find one but the caves in these kinda places were likely dangerous. I used my knife to imprint a ‘Flash’ inscription on the biggest magic stone I could find in the bracelet.

I began walking into the cave, inspecting it with the small light stone in my hand. The small flash was enough to illuminate a 5 meter area around me. The light wasn’t eye blinding, just enough to see what’s ahead. But the cave was small so there wasn’t much to see here anyway.

I was exhausted from the fight and the fatigue was catching up to me. The magic stone was also getting dimmer and dimmer by the step. Or maybe my eyelids were too heavy. My field of vision came lower and lower, and eventually, I blacked out against a dark, soft, warm-…...

 

7