Chapter 45 ─ Gabino, Desert Kingdom
19 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Merry Christmas to all!

The holidays are bad, I ended up sleeping a whole day.

We are starting to enter the middle of the arc.

New characters appear.

I just discovered a new waifu that I really liked her design, I'd say she'd be an upgrade or the closest possible to be Sasha.

Capella Capricorn from The Classroom of a Black Cat and a Witch, those who read Romeo and Juliet romcom should know that this new manga is by the same author, I highly recommend it.

"It's hot..."

We have been traveling for two weeks now since we left the Kingdom to Norden.

A week passed when we reached the border where the jungle ended and the desert began.

The carriages were returned as they stood out too much and as we have no bond with Gabino we should not stand out.

It seems ridiculous, but in the past there have been attacks by foreigners pretending to be buyers and they are wary as hostile.

Horses can cross the desert if they are kept hydrated and strengthen their hooves.

The problem here is Rei who looks like he will die of dehydration.

His tongue has been hanging out for hours.

Since we don't know the direction of where we are going, Rei didn't use his teleportation directly there.

Since I don't have a body I'm not worried about the heat, but the others should be worried.

Everyone was sweating, they were really tired.

Sasha had every intention of shouting "I want to get there already!", but she won't as she doesn't want to look weak.

"Hmph?"

In the distance we saw a cloud of sand.

Dominic used his binoculars that Rei gave him.

"Someone is approaching."

I could see someone approaching too, Dominic was glad it seems.

"They are from knights of the kingdom, they have come to greet us."

"Good thing... my head hurts."

Rei was starting to get dizzy to faint.

After arriving at a camp located near the capital of Norden, we were given a tent to rest in.

I don't understand why we didn't go into the capital and stay out here?

After Rei rested, Sasha entered the tent.

"Hey, we're being called by the captains. We should go."

Rei evidently ignored her.

Sasha became annoyed and bent down to move him.

"I told you to get up. Hey."

Suddenly Rei acted like he always does when he sleeps.

He raised his arms and grabbed Sasha.

Their faces were close together.

"Huhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!"

What kind of cliche development is this?

I don't feel envious or anything like that.

That's right, I don't feel anything about watching someone live my dream.

Rei hugged Sasha as he has a habit of grabbing whatever is in his way.

From my position it was obvious how red her face was, it was the first time it happened to her for sure.

"Sasha."

For no reason, Rei mentioned her name.

"I will prove to you that I am the man of my word that I am..."

He was talking in his sleep, this wasn't uncommon, he once had a nightmare about the chickpea soup his mother made him, I laughed so hard that night.

Sasha blushed when she heard how Rei really wanted to keep her promise.

But Rei had to apply the cliche of ruining it.

"Hehehe, Sasha looks like an angry clam."

Veins stood out on her forehead and she used all her strength to slap Rei hard.

"Puuuh!"

Rei made that strange sound after being sent flying outside of his tent.

He woke up immediately.

"W-what happened here?"

He looked at Sasha who approached with a disgusted expression on her face.

"You're the worst."

"Huh? What are you talking about?"

"What happened huh?"

Rei was confused, well, it was normal for his reaction.

After entering the big tent, two old faces were present.

One of them was the captain of the eighth squad, wearing his usual green see green armor like his hair and tanned skin beard, Markus Bennett Oliver's father.

The all serious man next to him was much stronger and of a higher rank.

The captain of the second squad, a man with slicked back black hair, a look of few friends and brown eyes.

Rogue Eisenberg, the father of Fionn Eisenberg, another character in the game.

Dominic explained the situation as we had just arrived.

"You see, Captain Bennett informed me that for days now some attacks have started against them."

"Who is attacking them father?"

"Gabino's army."

I feigned surprise unlike Sasha, I knew this would happen, but not now.

"Why would Gabino attack Norden?"

"We received a letter the day before the attack demanded that we surrender."

"In it is written that the crown prince of Norden who is as a refugee in Gabino demands his country back."

"The war to get it back will begin if it is not returned in less than 24 hours... you can imagine the rest."

"I understand, but why is Gabino helping them?"

"We don't know, but they must have their reasons."

"I understand. The reason for the camp is to avoid wasting time guarding the perimeter and just be on the lookout for the attack."

"Why wait outside and not inside?"

It was Markus who spoke in Dominic's place.

"It's like Sasha-chan says, but believe me it's better for us to be outside than inside."

"Why?"

"Well..."

Markus seemed unwilling to answer.

But Rogue who was listening to everything, told us to go outside.

We listened to him and he showed us one side of the wall covering the capital.

We couldn't believe our eyes.

"That's the reason."

"Among their ranks they have a monster capable of doing something like this. We have been fighting for a week from the inside and there is nothing but wasted time and resources as the same thing always happens."

We were shocked to see how a part of the wall was pierced by a sharp object and managed to do a lot of damage to it, one part was almost collapsed.

What could have caused this?

I think I'm sorry I've seen this before, I don't remember exactly.

"Is that really possible?"

Rogue replied looking at him as the men rushed to repair the holes.

"We don't know how he did it, but it was surely a Magic Weapon."

"Magic Weapon?"

"Magic Weapons are ancient weapons created by some realm in the past using unknown magic."

"Different uses of them are rumored as powers."

"Surely that guy used one to cause this."

At that moment I remembered something.

(Magic weapon.)

(Attack Norden.)

(Sharp object holes.)

(Yes, my memory is fuzzy but there's no mistake.)

(It must be that guy.)

(I must tell Rei that a very dangerous guy is here.)

"So you brought us here for me to see it and help you guys, didn't you?"

Rei exclaimed after stretching his arms to the sky.

Markus answered him embarrassed.

"We need help it's true. No matter who it's from."

"Even stubborn Rogue had to stay inside watching all that lightning hit the wall."

Rogue clicked his tongue in annoyance.

"For some reason it reminds me of that time 20 years ago."

Rei all energetic said.

"If you want to beat that guy just say so, I'm here to achieve a goal and I must win the bet no matter what."

He looked at Sasha hoping she wouldn't object.

"Why are you looking at me like that? It's obvious that this guy is a danger, he must be stopped."

"Good!"

Rei shouted in joy at being able to cause chaos a little.

In truth, I didn't expect him to show up or still alive...

◇◇◇

Gabino Desert Kingdom.

One of the few countries that managed to develop in a hot environment where it is almost impossible to find water or vegetation.

But this place was founded since a petty thief named Gabino found an oasis.

He turned it into his lair and over time created a city to trade legally.

The city grew to the point that it encompassed all the trade in the desert area for them.

Many people gathered there as the desert was a trap.

They needed to rest, they needed to be able to sell the precious jewels they found or the herbs that can only grow in this place.

Miraculously, strategically the city of Gabino was the epicenter of everything needed to live.

Over time it became the first kingdom to exist in the desert.

There were other kingdoms that tried to follow.

Norden was a kingdom that followed his example, but their area is different from Gabino's and they cannot obtain resources as trade like them.

In Gabino's palace a certain group of people were present.

Starting with one of the owners.

Gabino's fourth prince.

A young man with brown skin, black hair and green eyes.

Tubalcain Leto Gabino is his name.

Unlike him, his older brothers were different.

Currently the power struggle for the throne has been reduced to an obvious winner thanks to the fact that mysteriously, the crown prince disappeared one day.

Tubalcain was having dinner with his usual visitors.

Three people who arrived from abroad days ago to seek refuge.

He was going to refuse, but as the one who has the best chance of being the future king, he could expand his territory and conquer the whole desert.

There are countries that have fallen as if because of economic problems.

It would not be strange for him to take them and expand his dominions.

He accepted under the condition that he would benefit.

The three people who entered were extravagant subjects.

They were all brothers, the eldest of whom was an elegant-looking but very fat man.

His limbs were long because his clothes adjusted everything to focus on his belly.

Blue hair and green eyes.

The crown prince of Norden, Berrick von Norden.

"This is Gabino's inner palace? Not bad at all."

Behind him a slimmer young man with blue hair and close-set eyes. The second prince of Norden, Ramberti von Norden.

Unlike his older brother who bragged about his position and inheritance, as well as always getting his way.

Ramberti was quiet but intelligent, he knew he could live a life full of luxury if he left all the responsibility to his older brother.

"Brother please. Don't say that, we are guests in this place."

(Hey grease bag don't get us killed because of you.)

In his head he was badmouthing everyone, especially his older brother.

The last of the brothers was a young man with a bad temper, unruly appearance like his light gray spiky hair.

His red eyes were sharp as his gaze.

Pierced ears and a long ponytail on the back of his neck.

The third prince of Norden, Darius von Norden.

Darius is different from his older brothers.

He was not born of the late queen, he was born of a maid, the most beautiful maid in Norden.

His father, King Walsh was a lustful man, but upon seeing this woman he felt the need to impregnate her.

Thus Darius was born.

The three of them sat down to eat and after talking to Berrick, Tubalcain thought.

(Waah, this is worse than I thought.)

(Starting with the fat guy, he's a scumbag, everything that comes out of his mouth is disgusting.)

(This guy demands refuge in my country to achieve a government in exile.)

(Apparently they just got home after going on a trip to the empire and came back because of the war situation.)

(This guy is no good, any country would go to ruin if they left him in charge.)

(Of course, the other skinny guy is less worse than this guy.)

(He reminds me of those bootlicker who want to win your affection.)

(The last one of them looks like a rabid dog, he's got good muscles so he'll do for combat.)

(Either way, I'll take over your country to expand my own.)

Tubalcain smiled at Berrick.

"Your Highness Berrick, don't worry about anything. Gabino will give you all the help you want to regain your homeland."

"Ho~Ho~. You really are a smart man Tubalcain-dono."

"Don't worry. Once we get our homeland back I'll be sure to reward you."

"My younger brothers. Thank Prince Tubalcain for lending us his help."

The other two princes nodded showing their thanks.

After finishing dinner, they went to a separate room for each.

But before going to sleep, Berrick summoned his brothers to his room.

He was in an elegant robe with no underwear.

Fortunately, because of his belly he couldn't lift his leg and avoid seeing that horror.

Ramberti asked for the two brothers.

"Nii-sama, what did you summon us here for?"

After having a glass of wine, Berrick told them the real reason for coming here.

"Ramberti my brother, don't you realize it yet?"

"Of what?"

"My plan, you fool."

"O-oh, it's true your plan!"

(What the hell is this pig talking about?)

Thought the second prince. Instead, Darius didn't say a word.

Berrick poured himself another drink as he told them his plan.

"My plan is very simple. We will attack using Gabino's forces, fight our way through the wall and go straight to the palace."

"Gabino's forces and Brune's usurpers will kill each other."

"Best of all, our soldiers will not die!"

"Once they see their new king they will be euphoria to see me. That will make their fighting spirit increase and it will be simple to defeat the loser who wins among them."

"This whole plan I thought of while we were on our way home, pepepepe."

Berrick's strange laughter echoed in the room to such an extent that the knight outside standing guard could hear what he was saying.

"Oh, I see. You're very bright nii-sama."

(Fucking idiot pig. That shitty plan won't work since how will we accomplish that?)

(We'd have to have someone capable of doing enough damage for our walls to be─)

Ramberti stopped himself from insulting his older brother.

His foxy gaze shifted to the person at his side.

Berrick understood his gaze as well.

They both looked at Darius.

"Little brother. I guess it's time to put you to work."

Ramberti said after placing his arm around Darius' neck.

"Even if you can't inherit the throne because you are the son of a servant girl, you are the third prince of Norden."

"You have an obligation to fulfill."

"I will be king and Ramberti will be my advisor. But you... what will you do?"

Darius spoke without regard for the words of his older brothers.

"All I can do is fight. You don't need to extend so many meaningless dialogues."

"Pepepepe. As expected from our trump card."

"Rest well, the troops will surely be by tomorrow morning, we need your strength."

"Alright."

Darius said and left the room.

As he left, his older brothers chimed in to talk about him.

"Even if he's just a half-breed, he's still our younger brother, isn't he Ramberti?"

"Nii-sama is right. Darius-kun was born to fight, to defend us, there's a reason we always kept him by our side."

(The truth. If it wasn't for that incident, I wouldn't have thought this kid would be any good.)

Berrick raised his glass and handed the bottle to Ramberti to be poured.

"The favorite sons will be coming home."

◇◇◇

After leaving the room, Darius squeaked.

"Idiots big brothers."

"The reason we came back from the empire was because Berrick was put on a wanted poster for stealing a count's wallet."

"As for Ramberti they want to imprison him for fraud."

"We escaped from there thanks to the fact that the war broke out and there weren't many imperial knights patrolling."

"Worst of all, our home was taken over by Norden."

He hit the wall hard. Since Darius...

"I won't forgive you Brune if you hurt our citizens. Even if it's just a hair of the commoners."

He was different from his older brothers.

The day of the new battle started early.

We got up early since before the sun rose the attacks would begin.

But today seemed to be late.

Rei changed into light armor. He wanted everyone to see how he fights without using cheating skills.

He yawned as despite sleeping early, this was not his wake up time.

I hate to say it, but I wouldn't wake up either.

Markus spoke to Rei.

"Rei-kun, are you ready?"

"Huh? Of course I am."

"It's just that it's so boring here."

"Well, I understand you a little."

"The tension of each battle seems to have been drastically reduced by the delay."

Markus commented as he looked at the troops secretly yawning or wanting to go to sleep.

Hey, a fight will start, don't be lazy if you don't want to die.

"Rogue. what do you think is the reason for the delay?"

"I can't say, but I hope it's nothing bad for us."

"I understand. *Sigh*, I would have liked the commander or Bret to be here, but we were all separated into teams by His Majesty's order."

At the mention of a certain name, Rogue's facial expression twisted and then fixed itself.

"Here come the enemies!"

Shouted a lookout who came running.

In the distance we could see a huge monster approaching.

An elephant.

There were several of them.

The elephants were as big and sleek as they were terrifying.

A large army was behind them.

If I didn't have cheating skills, I would be scared of this.

"There's the commander!"

Rogue shouted as he pointed to the most decorative elephant of all.

On top of the elephant sat arrogantly a handsome man with dark skin and green eyes.

I remembered him finally, it's Tubalcain, one of the enemies of the game, to be exact late second year.

I didn't expect him to show up so quickly.

But he's not the real threat.

The elephants stopped, Tubalcain spoke through a vibrating beetle that serves as a megaphone.

"Good morning, invaders of Brune."

"We had a long week fighting. Because of that, I got so bored I decided to put an end to it today."

"To make it more exciting, I'd like to make it a one-on-one duel."

"Your strongest warrior against our best warrior."

His hand pointed to a corner.

Between two elephants, as if it were the sunbeam coming out of the darkness.

There he was, the biggest threat of the second school year.

Darius.

He was equipped with light black armor and an object wrapped in cloth.

Tubalcain came down and faced us a show fight.

"Come on, invaders. This will be the last fight."

"If you can defeat our best warrior it means you are strong enough to defeat this army."

Rogue nodded.

"I guess it can't be helped."

"As the one who was called Twin Demon Spears and captain of the second squad of royal knights is my should be the one to take on that guy."

"Old man, you talk a lot, you know that?"

Rogue opened his eyes and watched as Rei walked to the center.

"Wait! What are you doing?"

"Obviously I'm going to go finish this. Stand there watching."

"Brat..."

Rogue was so angry that he let out a few expletives. Markus stopped him from coming.

After reaching the center of the place, Darius arrived.

He was glaring at Rei.

I was about to warn Rei about what a danger this boy was.

"I have a question."

Darius said to Rei.

"Huh? Which one?"

Rei replied with no interest in Darius.

Staring at him, he asked.

"What have you done to the citizens?"

Rei didn't understand why he said that, it was written all over his face.

"Rei, don't provoke him for crying out loud!"

But it was too late.

"Who knows~. Maybe they were killed or sold, I don't care."

He said it in jest clearly, but Darius was not his friend.

"I see."

His hate-filled gaze grew and with a jerk the cloth covering his weapon was revealed.

A long, glowing red spear similar to a piece of metal. It measured twice as long as Darius, nearly ten feet.

He pointed the tip at Rei.

"I'll finish this in a second."

"Here we go. Gáe Bolg."

0