Chapter 48 ─ Bartolt Family
14 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Happy New Year to all.

I hope to count on your support in this 2023.

We are now half way through the volume and from the next chapter the countdown to the end begins.

Undoubtedly the development of this volume proves that eliminating R18 was a good idea.

It won't be long until the author's surprise!

Someone once found a drowned child in the pond at home.

The child was playing unsupervised.

He had been submerged there for an hour until he was found.

On another occasion, a young man was shot in the head by mistake by his brother.

The young man was the heir, it was not uncommon for this "incident" to be maliciously caused.

But this was not the only case.

While riding on horseback, a bear attacked him and his knights.

Another was poisoned on his birthday, while sleeping he was suffocated and the last of them was stabbed by his own wife.

All these tragedies happened to the same person.

It is impossible for someone to come out of this alive, but he did.

That person survived all these experiences and is currently eating his breakfast in peace and quiet.

That man was Klyde.

For Klyde, life always tried to kill him, he managed to escape by a miracle, six miracles he got.

He even recruited six assassins sent after his life by his relatives, he called them the Six Fingers.

Klyde had one purpose in life, to prove his superiority.

How the world tried to kill him, that made him realize that he was dangerous, he was a threat, he was special.

Those deadly scenarios were experiences that made him realize that it was a sign that he was to rule the world.

First he would start with the country where he was born.

Then the continent and finally the world.

Klyde was not particularly loyal to the royal family, his family since before he took over were leeches.

Making illegal and even criminal deals.

All the misfortunes that occurred in the kingdom during the game were planned by him.

A servant knocked on the door.

"What's wrong? I'm having breakfast."

Breakfast, lunch and dinner for Klyde were times where he could relax with himself.

The servant entered and said.

"Emm, my lord, there are problems."

"Leave them for later, I'm having breakfast."

"We can't leave them for later."

"...What is it that you're making such a nuisance of yourself?"

The door opened and a group of knights entered.

"Baron Klyde Bartolt, you are under arrest for high treason against the royal family."

Klyde's eyebrows twitched in response.

"The evidence where is it?"

"Tell him his charges."

An official standing next to the knight told him his crimes.

Klyde's confident eyebrows this time showed anger.

It was real discontent.

"Fine."

He said standing up.

"It's all fake, I'll go quickly so they can say I'm innocent."

"The royal family owes me breakfast."

He held out his hands and the official placed handcuffs on his hands.

(Bothering me on my breakfast... that's the worst mistake you could do, royal family.)

◇◇◇

The same night when Emma infiltrated to steal information from the church.

She told them about the plans of the church and Klyde.

In that plan Klyde talked about overthrowing the royal family and thus crowning himself king.

The current royal family used the help of their allies to oust the original royal family.

At first they joined forces with Calvin and created the Calvinists to accomplish that task.

But both Harrisburg and Calvin are dead.

The Calvinists are extinct.

The church can no longer support Klyde because of the excuse of their former relationship.

After reading that, Sig made a face of revulsion.

"I can't believe it."

"This is real? I can't believe such a monstrosity."

Al backed him up.

"I understand that someone doesn't like the royal family which would be treated as treason, but that's not why they would punish them. But this here borders on terrorism."

He picked up the scroll to read on.

"It only mentions the head of the Bartolt´s and the occasional Pope Neville."

"Possibly this is the greatest act of treason we may have ever seen."

"Sig, we need to report this to His Majesty."

Sig who was staring at the floor lifted his face.

"I know. I just thought that if we involve the pope, this could be aggravated further."

"It's preferable to nip the whole problem in the bud than to wait any longer."

After standing up, they went to the palace to take matters into their own hands.

◇◇◇

The next day, Klyde was arrested and sent to the palace for trial.

Al and Sig were in a far room waiting for the verdict.

They have the evidence, it is obvious what will happen to him now.

The question is whether they will execute him alone or together with his heir.

Voices were heard outside the room.

They went out to see if it was all over.

They were surprised to see Klyde walking handcuffs calmly down the hallway next to his son.

"I thank you, Urs."

"Thanks to you, your father didn't end up imprisoned for a lie."

"No, no. Father, it's only natural to help you."

"Not only because of our blood tie, also because our family's reputation was at stake."

When Klyde spoke, his eyes darted to Sig and Al.

Immediately both boys went running to the audience hall.

They forced their way inside.

"Father, explain this to me please!"

King Liam covered his ears as his son shouted.

"Sig. I don't understand your anger."

"This trial was nothing more than a way to ridicule us."

"...Excuse me?"

The boys did not understand what the king was talking about.

He ordered the evidence to be brought in.

"You guys think this is evidence of prosecuting someone?"

Sig saw the scroll, the contents were the same.

"Father, but there is written here many atrocities. It is evidence enough."

The king sighed.

"It may seem so, but it is not."

"You see, in the past this had already happened."

"Really!"

The boys shouted, the king ignored them.

"Your grandfather sought out many enemies and sending them these scrolls was normal. In fact, the previous pope and he were enemies to the death and in order not to fight they wrote these 'letters' of hatred to each other."

"You are saying that this is a hate letter to the royal family!"

"Even if it is. We can't execute anyone who hates the royal family."

"Remember that the original royal family was kicked out of the country for the atrocities they did."

"If we did the same we would only confirm that nothing changed."

"That's why my son. You must learn that even if someone speaks ill of you behind you. You must not judge them just because of that."

Although Sig knew his father's words were real, but even more real was what he read.

He thought that if there was even a possibility that it was real, his father didn't want to execute them.

For as he said.

"The current royal family should not be the same as the previous royal family."

Sig understood that he could only hope that Klyde had indeed written a hate letter and none of it would have any repercussions in the future as he clenched his fists and bit his tongue.

◇◇◇

After leaving the palace, Klyde's expression darkened.

"They really are fools."

"Father?"

"Urs. I appreciate your help in getting the ministers' opinions reduced to just assumptions."

Klyde clenched his fists in frustration.

"I felt powerless."

"I could have ended up like those fools if I had shown weakness."

He turned and looked at the palace.

"Tell your brother that the time has come."

"Brune will fall soon."

"Gilliam. Not condemning your enemy for the foolishness of not being seen as barbarians is a foolish thing you will pay for."

"If I were in your place I would not have hesitated. That's why you condemned your family."

A carriage arrived and Klyde climbed into it.

"I'm going to go meet a certain someone. Let me know if anything happens."

"Understood father."

Klyde left, but not before spitting outside the window.

"First Brune, then you'll follow, Redblade."

"Hello."

Night fell quickly.

We returned to the academy.

First we went to Eli to tell him what happened.

Nadine opened the door.

Seeing us, she made a disgusted expression.

"So you had this kind of taste?"

She was saying those cold words to us because on top of Rei's head was Ange-chan.

Nadine drew her sword.

"Rei-sama. You have strayed from the path of what little decency you had left."

"As one of your betrothed, let me put you out of your misery before you become a total degenerate as well as a kidnapper."

*Swing*

Nadine swung her sword to cut off Rei's head, but he stopped her with an "Accelerate" and "Agility" skill.

"Wait a minute! How the hell did you come to that conclusion?"

"I'm not a lolicon! I like big women!"

"Then what are you doing with a little girl on top of your head, bringing her to the academy late at night and not mentioning the whereabouts of her family?"

"Let me explain before you try to kill me first!"

Nadine stopped and waited for Rei to tell her what happened.

Eli was in her bed, this was her room.

She was sound asleep with her pajamas showing her unbuttoned abdomen.

"I understand."

"This you need to discuss with His Highness not me."

Nadine said, Rei replied.

"I went to see him first, he wasn't there. Neither the guy with the long hair nor the other two idiots."

"That's why I came to see Eli, also to greet her."

"As you may notice, the princess is asleep, she won't wake up until morning. I suggest waiting until then in the morning for you to talk to them."

"But more importantly..."

She stared at Ange-chan who was playing with a stuffed toy of Eli's.

"Her. What will you do with her?"

"Will you make her sleep with you?"

"Of course not."

He replied angrily because she seemed to insist that Rei is a lolicon.

Certainly Rei can be many things, but lolicon is not one of them.

"I'll take her home. Even if it's just for one night, she should go back to her family, her mother may be very worried."

"Says the guy who always belittles his mother's hugs."

"Shut up."

"...?"

If it were me, I'd let a beautiful lady who is supposed to be in her thirties and possess good physique give me lots of cuddles.

But his mother being the one hugging him, it makes him throw up.

"I understand."

Rei stood and took Ange-chan's hand.

"Let's go home, little brat."

"But..."

"It's okay. I'll come to see you early tomorrow morning so you can tell all that to the king."

"Please when you talk to His Majesty treat him with respect. He may be your future father-in-law, but it's the king you're talking about."

"I know, I know."

He took Ange-chan's hand and they both said goodbye to Nadine.

"Good night."

After arriving using teleportation to the places Ange-chan said, we were able to locate the Bartolt family mansion.

"Listen well child. Let's infiltrate without being detected."

"Infiltrate!"

Her eyes sparkled at those words.

"For that reason you must not make any noise."

"I'll leave you in your room and early tomorrow morning I'll come and get you, understand?"

"Yes!"

"Infiltration, infiltration, infiltration."

She cheerfully chanted that as her twintails shook.

I asked Rei.

"Hey, don't you seem to have a good connection with the kids?"

"What are you talking about?"

"From the beginning, you've treated Ange-chan like she was your little sister."

"It took us hours to get to the academy because you spent all afternoon and much of the evening taking her for a walk."

"Guh. I did it because she was rambling and going here and there like a dog."

"But you listened to her and even bought everything she asked for."

"I think this was a good experience for you. You learned how to deal with children."

"Has your fear of being a bad parent gone down now?"

"..."

It seems I touched on a sensitive place.

Rei not only didn't answer, he also kept quiet.

"Enough of this. Come on brat quickly."

Looking at Ange-chan, we noticed that while we were chatting, she fell asleep on the floor.

This girl needs to learn where she should sleep!

Rei gently picked her up.

"If it isn't Kuro, it's you. Let's quickly put you down in your bed."

He used teleportation followed by concealment.

We entered the mansion.

The place was huge, in fact the garden was immense, but it was smaller than inside.

Klyde's family are barons, but these paintings, vases, everything I see is upper class.

I certainly understand why Sig said that they had enough power to compare with a duke's family.

Since Ange-chan was asleep, we went through every hallway, staircase, room.

We should have asked her where her room was.

Rei didn't want to wake her up.

I was even holding her carefully.

"Which will be her room?"

"This place should be like my home. It has every room named, so I would never get lost."

"I remember. We once found your parents giving each other affection when you were looking for the bathroom."

A shiver ran down his back.

"That was disgusting."

"Yes, you really are helpful."

"...?"

A voice we heard coming from next door.

It was closed, it was nothing important.

But Rei stood still.

"What's wrong Rei?"

"I heard a familiar voice."

"This is Klyde's house, it's probably him or some relative."

"No. It wasn't his voice."

"I'm going in."

Rei used teleportation and entered the room.

Since teleportation is an ability that doesn't make noise, we were able to enter without a problem.

There I was surprised like Rei to see the two people conversing.

"That's what happened. It didn't mean anything in the end."

"I understand. It must have been difficult for you."

"Not at all. Only my resolve increased."

"Hahaha. You truly had a difficult day, Lord Bartolt."

One of those speaking was Klyde, the other was a young man about our age.

Long black hair down to his back, blue eyes in his sharp gaze.

This person was someone we never expected to see here.

Max─ Maximillian Redblade, Rei's cousin.

One of the protagonist's allied characters.

Because the villain Reidel was executed, he was chosen as the new duke.

A bright and heroic guy.

What the hell was Max doing with Klyde?

We listened to them carefully.

"Max-kun, how did you find out about my situation?"

"You came to see me thinking I'd be tortured or give you away, didn't you?"

Max laughed at him.

"Not at all. I just wanted to know how you were doing is all."

"Let's say I believe you, what if I had ratted you out?"

"Snitched?"

Rei muttered.

Max who was calm suddenly became serious.

"It really would have been bad for me since I would have ratted him out."

"Hahahaha. I like that, honesty and no second thoughts."

Klyde's laugh was irritable.

"But your wrong kid."

"I wouldn't have given you away. Since like you my eyes are on him."

"Your cousin."

We stood in awe of that.

Thanks to a mirror, I observed Rei's face. I really couldn't believe what I was hearing, but it only got worse.

"My goal is to eliminate the royal family and that shitty brat for killing my subordinates, really the fall of the principality was an unexpected blow."

"Calvin was a perfect pawn, but he's gone now."

"That's why in order to accelerate my plan to take over the country, I must get rid of those two nasties."

If Klyde deserved to be killed at that moment, Max made it all worse.

"I understand."

"Unlike my cousin Reidel, I have better knowledge, I'm better at different subjects and my social skills are excellent."

"But my uncles don't realize that!"

"I am better than him! I curse my parents for giving birth to me and not the main branch!"

"I'm better qualified to be the next duke and not that ape who can barely add up!"

"Calm down Max-kun, I understand how you feel."

"My younger brothers felt that way about me, I wasn't to blame for being the firstborn, that's why they tried to kill me."

"For that reason I am the way I am because of them."

"You too can become the head of your family."

"Killing your cousin is a piece of cake. That's why I sought you out, I'm surprised you agreed without extortion."

"No, actually I'm the one thanking you for the opportunity to give me the right to get what's mine."

"Hahaha, in that case let's leave it for the chosen day. I will contact you."

"Good evening Lord Bartolt."

"Tell me just Klyde."

They both stood up and walked out.

We were left alone, the concealment undone.

I wanted to tell Rei something.

But I didn't know what to say.

My family was always strange, but we were close, even my distant relatives were close to me.

I knew Max only as he was in the game, this event is an unexpected revelation I never saw coming.

The problems between families in games, anime and other visual media were always entertaining.

But sometimes I forget that even if this world is one of a game, they are still noble.

What should I say in this situation?

I never thought of being in a situation where someone hears how a relative of yours wants you dead.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! It's really impossible to comprehend this!

"Let's go home, Kuro."

Rei suddenly spoke. He used teleportation and we returned to the academy.

The place was his room.

He laid Ange-chan on the bed and went to sit on the window frame.

Since his face was being illuminated by the moonlight, I couldn't see his eyes.

I could only hear.

"So, this is the second time I've been betrayed by someone close to me."

Those were his words.

What will happen tomorrow morning?

This week's fanservice should be Ange, but I'll leave you with a solid villain to savor for now when the time comes for Rei to break his face.

https://chan.sankakucomplex.com/es/post/show/31020439

0