Chapter 52 ─ Fighting for a new tomorrow
15 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The climax is coming to an end dear readers.

The final multiple battles are about to conclude.

The next chapter is the finale, but we still have the interlude, epilogue and SS left.

Look forward to them no doubt!

For those interested, the fight between Kurono and Regnas is a reference to Baki vs Jack. While Ulrich is the one with the demon gun from Chainsaw man.

In the hall of ministers were the king and queen.

They were scared, they heard that a monster came out from under the palace and is coming up screaming that it wants their heads.

They could run away, but they had no idea if it might have allies waiting in hiding.

Thanks to a servant shouting that Sieghart had arrived, they felt safe.

But the queen looked at a certain person with a bad expression.

"My dear, is Sieghart sure about not coming to defend us?"

The king who understood why she said so answered her.

"Olga, we need Sieg to take care of defeating the intruders. That's why you sent him to protect us in the meantime."

"I understand that, but... him?"

Said the queen pointing her nose at Bret who stood in the center of the place.

Bret thought as he looked at the door and a booger ran down his nose.

(Why does this always happen to me?)

(For some reason they get me involved in something I can't handle and now that I thought I would be calm at the border they drag me to this place and I have to hope that whatever the commander is fighting against is defeated quickly.)

(I'm scared and I want to go to the bathroom.)

Bret thought with a very serious face.

◇◇◇

After gathering allies and preparing to face Klyde's remaining clones.

Rei shouted.

"Are you kidding me!"

The two clones defeated regenerated and got back on their feet.

Darius commented.

"The one that was cut down returned to normal and the other one I pierced regenerated. Do these monsters possess healing skills?"

"No one cares if they do. Only one thing matters."

"Eliminate them immediately!"

Sieghart rushed at them, kicking two of them against the wall and two others he sent flying to the side.

"I charge those two. I no longer have the ability to fight so many enemies."

The boys hearing him say that thought.

(Fighting four of them doesn't seem like you have the capacity?)

(This old man is unbelievable.)

Darius quickly marched against one of them.

"I hope the old man knows what he's doing, in the meantime we'll take care of these guys, Rei!"

Rei went after Darius.

"I know, don't give me orders."

The remaining clones went straight at the guys.

Darius' spear struck fiercely at Klyde's blades, causing sparks to scatter everywhere.

While Rei's tonfas parried the attack of one of them.

The boys battled veraciously.

They gave their all, but Klyde's clones were so strong that they even helped others.

While Sieghart was the one who was giving his all.

He was stopping the attack of four of them at the same time.

"This is really annoying."

He got rid of the 4 by knocking them back.

He quickly swung his sword and cleaved one of them in half.

He watched as it quickly regenerated while the others covered it.

(These things seem to multiply only in six parts. But they can't divide any further.)

(The interesting thing is that if one of them is injured, the others back it up so that it regenerates.)

(Can they even be killed?)

(Never mind that, since...)

Sieg got into a position he hadn't done for a long time.

"I'll take them all out in one move, I haven't used it in a long time, be thankful to see it."

"Flashing Flash!"

In the blink of an eye, Sieghart teleported several meters in front of them.

At the same time, they were all cut into small pieces falling to the ground and staining the shiny floor with a black liquid.

He turned around and surveyed his handiwork.

"Hmph, it was slower compared to the last time I used it."

"I'm getting old, I should definitely look for a successor─"

Sieghart froze.

The remains of the severed enemies were regenerating as if rapidly joining together.

But the process to regenerate was slow.

"... This is bad. I thought being able to kill them together would work, but it seems like it's harder to pull it off."

"Moment?"

He thought of something, but was unable to process it properly due to the enemies attacking him.

The four of them made sure to cover every escape position and leave him no chance.

But he wasn't the only one suffering.

Darius was fighting very angrily.

The quick and accurate movements of his spear could not touch his enemy's heart again.

Klyde was repelling his attacks at the same speed with which he was attacking.

To make matters worse, Rei was having a harder time.

As he always relied on his cheating skills, never perfected his sword, his enemy was cornering him.

At this rate Rei would be killed easily due to the great force with which the blows impacted.

"Kuh. this is fucking bullshit!"

◇◇◇

"Hahahaha. That's all you guys can do?"

Elsewhere, Heinrich was playing with Oliver.

Oliver was using the quick movements of his sword with his footwork to create an opening and attack his opponent's weak point.

But it was useless.

Heinrich didn't fight back, he simply accepted every blow Oliver gave him, he laughed at how the young man used all the weight of his life in each blow and didn't get hurt.

He was enjoying it.

If it was worse already, Isaac was injured, but still he stood up and helped Oliver by throwing combo attacks.

But it was useless.

Heinrich was taunting them every time they hit him.

"Hahahaha!"

"Pathetic, very pathetic, extremely pathetic."

"You call yourselves a knight and a wizard?"

"You're just a bunch of idiots!"

"You should surrender, beg for mercy and beg for forgiveness. No, begging you should."

His face came up to Isaac.

"Maggots are maggots, you're only good for being stepped on by the elite like me."

"Hahahahahaha!"

Isaac got so angry, seeing him laugh in his face he couldn't take it anymore and threw a fireball in his mouth.

"Shut up already, you're unbearable!"

The fireball entering his mouth generated a huge explosion.

The boys stood watching Heinrich bleed from the inside.

That's when they thought.

(External damage doesn't work, only internal damage, that means...)

They smiled seeing that they had the same idea.

They got into combat stance.

"We thank you, senpai."

"Thanks to you we are going to improve our skills a lot."

Unlike before where despair overtook them, now hope was marked in their eyes.

◇◇◇

"Sig!"

Al covered Sig from an attack by throwing through the machine gun in Ulrich's hand.

Watching as his friend took some bullets, despite covering himself with a magic shield, Sig couldn't stand to see him bleeding on the ground.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!"

He screamed from the bottom of his heart and went straight for his opponent.

"Your friend is dumb, but you're a bigger fool for thinking you can accomplish anything against me."

Before he knew it, Sig got to his face.

"At what point did he arrive?"

Was what he said before he saw the sword headed for his neck, he used his hands that were firearms to cover himself.

Due to the magical power imbued in them, the guns that were his hands began to bleed.

"How is that possible?"

Ulrich wondered.

The answer was simple.

Even if they had become infernals, their bodies were originally human.

Using a large amount of magical power could harm them at least the brothers, their father was different.

Ulrich watched in horror as he bled and furthermore wounded he was.

This was inconceivable.

He looked at Sig with contempt in his gaze.

"Princeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!"

He pointed his muzzle cannon at him.

Al was behind Sig.

"I'm going to protect my friend! I'm going to protect my kingdom!"

"It's my duty as crown prince and future king to eliminate pests like you!"

Ulrich was so annoyed, he understood why he couldn't be the head of the family being so smart.

Sig has what he lacked, power in his words.

Being a genius, he could only talk and give solutions.

But no one paid attention to him as his words were forgotten by others.

If he could have the charisma that his older brother has in talking to others, he would certainly be elected as the head of his house.

That was what he thought.

Understanding that, Ulrich became so upset that his machine guns in his arms multiplied.

They were now cannons and the cannon in his mouth grew larger.

"You've really done it, you shoddy prince!"

"Now I won't just kill you, I'll kill your family too before my father does."

Sig showed his anger.

"Try if you can! I won't let anyone hurt my family!"

The confrontation between the two intensified over their resolutions.

◇◇◇

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!"

The battle in the castle was escalating to unexpected levels.

The battle between the six Klyde clones and the palace's defending forces reached one of the palace gardens.

The three were fighting savagely against Klyde's clones.

It was no longer who could give their best, now it was everyone giving their all.

"Rei, to your left."

"Thank you."

Rei and Darius were fighting back to back while Sieghart wore a shield made of his cloak.

That is to say, his cloak was a shield as well.

It was woven from the web of a spider from another continent.

Very expensive to get, as this spider had defensive properties in its web.

It could resist all kinds of attacks, worthy of the captain commander of the royal knights.

But at the same time it was a disadvantage.

In order for it to act as a shield it must be constantly receiving magical power to absorb it.

Sieghart could not use his magic power on his sword often because of his enemies attacking him from behind.

The battle was close.

Even if Sieghart could split one or more enemies in two, they would regenerate and unite again.

It was a losing battle.

Losing was the only option, or so Rei thought so far.

(There must be some way to defeat these guys.)

(Without Kurono I can't beat him, I could kill all six of them at once and thus stop them, but I can't test that theory without using all my power.)

(Damn, there must be a way to...)

Then he remembered something.

(When I fought that guy from the principality. I couldn't defeat him either.)

(I gave all my power, but it didn't work, I succeeded only because I used my environment to my advantage.)

(I sent him to heaven and he stayed up there forever, which means this guy is the same.)

(If the old man can't defeat him, he must be defeated using something that is part of this world.)

(But what can I use to defeat him?)

Thought he, at that moment he heard a sound of pain.

"Gyahhhhh!"

Rei saw how one of the Klyde was burning as it had fallen into the water fountain that was broken.

"Why does it hurt?"

His brain reacted at that moment.

(Water is his enemy!)

(I don't understand why it would be, but this is good for me.)

Rei turned to Sieghart.

"Hey old man, I have an idea to defeat these guys."

She approached him.

"I hear you."

"You have to throw all six of them in the water, you can see they hurt him a lot."

Sieghart noticed this as well.

"Even if they hurt him, it doesn't mean he can be defeated."

"Of course it does."

"What did you say?"

"Do you have a plan Rei?"

Sieghart who was puzzled, like Darius who was surprised watched as Rei flashed his usual confident evil grin.

"I have the perfect way to defeat him, if it doesn't work, nothing will defeat him. But we only have one chance and I need your help."

The clones were pulling their fallen comrade out of the fountain.

Rei told them their plan.

Darius was the first to speak followed by Sieghart.

"It's crazy, but knowing you I see sense in it."

"No plan is foolish, but this one is certainly far-fetched."

"It doesn't matter if it is. It just has to be accomplished, come on!"

The final battle against Klyde was already decided.

◇◇◇

"Uwoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh!"

"Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!"

The battle between Kurono and Regnas was more rambunctious than any other battle going on today.

Due to the monstrous strength of both of them, their blows sending them flying caused them to fall near the trees and generate a huge explosion because of the magical power they emanated.

The forest was being cut down thanks to the bestial battle between these two monsters.

A blow from Kurono or one from Regnas, it didn't matter who hit who.

The impact received by both due to the force of their attack generated massive destruction everywhere.

Even the animals in the area were fleeing in terror after the gigantic destruction that occurred.

"Hahahahaha!"

"You're fucking strong indeed."

"It's really bad, really bad that I fight against someone who can equal the former king."

"I appreciate those words, I'm gaining combat experience thanks to you."

The blows they both received from each other were strong enough to kill a person.

Kurono sent a punch to the jaw so hard that it lifted Regnas a few inches off the ground.

Thanks to grabbing Kurono, he didn't go flying, but he used that opportunity to head-butt Kurono hard and twist his neck.

Kurono in endurance was weaker than his enemy, doing damage calculation, Kurono has died so far about 19 times.

The rain of blows did not stop, Kurono was having fun.

But then he noticed something.

There was smoke rising from the direction of the capital.

Something was going on.

He moved away from Regnas and went a few meters away to get a better look at the direction the smoke was coming from.

"That direction is... the royal palace!"

"Someone is attacking the palace!"

Just realizing the danger in the capital, he prepared to leave, but quickly from behind came Regnas giving him a flying kick, breaking his spine.

"Where the fuck do you think you're going?"

"This fight won't end until one of us ends up dead and that will be you."

Kurono after getting up understood that his enemy would not let him go to help unless he eliminated him.

In his head he thought.

(I have never killed someone, only a cicada as a child by accident.)

(But the smoke coming out of the capital says I must hurry.)

Kurono moved into attack position.

"Let me demonstrate something I always wanted to do in my past life."

"I call it... final killer move."

0