Short Story ─ Red and black
21 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We reach the end of the volume with this SS dear readers.

I thank you very much for your support in this story, thank you for reading it.

To close with a golden clasp, we leave the real protagonist and his co-protagonist in a situation of tranquility that they deserve.

As a curious detail, the original title has an explanation in Japanese, that's all I'm saying.

Enjoy the fanservice girls, that's right, there are female readers, I must give them fanservice because otherwise they complain that there is no hot guys.

Kurono and Rei fanservice to close.

Kurono: https://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/1850612

Rei: https://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/2367891

A new morning has arrived already.

I managed to get a body, it's not human, but I can make it look like one.

I discovered this while fiddling around.

First, keeping this form consumes approximate 40% of my powers, since even the smallest detail copied it from my original body from my memories.

Second, I am never hungry. I can eat, but feel no interest in consuming food.

Third, I do not need to sleep, but I can briefly disconnect my consciousness and appear to have slept for hours, it works like a stopwatch.

And finally, I do not possess any limbs.

That's right, I'm just like the dolls for little girls.

Isn't this sad?

I had to recreate everything, but it doesn't work.

I want to cry, I have no use for a gun which not only doesn't have a bullet, it can't shoot either.

As a man I am a failure, but well, I can't cry over spilled milk.

After I got up, a maid knocked on the door.

"Kurono-sama, please wake up, it's time for breakfast."

Rei's bastard told everyone to call me Kurono instead of Ichiru.

Why can't the names in this world be like Japanese names!

It makes me so sad that no one calls me by my name!

The detail that consumes more magic power is the facial expressions, yes, it's weird that, but as long as I can smile again everything is forgiven.

As I will now pass in this form, I won't tell Rei that we will now use 30% of the powers.

We basically got what you would never see in a generic super strong guy novel, nerf the power to the protagonist.

A trashy story like that would fail in the Japanese market.

Returning to my normal life as of today, I changed and went downstairs, greeted the servants and found the Redblade family and Rose sitting at the table.

"Good morning~."

I made a strange pose with my hand near my eye.

It's a cliché pose of the kids being super friendly.

Rei's mom, being the typical lady who looks young and wants to act young, made the same gesture.

"Tee~Hee~."

"Oh, gorgeous my wife, you certainly radiate an aura of youthfulness just by posing."

I think I understand Rei a little when his parents do weird things, I feel very uncomfortable seeing them giving each other love.

I sat down next to Rei who was next to Rose.

"Morning, Rei."

"..."

It's still weird for him to have me around.

Even when I was about to go to sleep, he made sure to come into my room and ask if this was a dream.

I told him no and he left bitterly.

When we were served breakfast, Rose asked me.

"Excuse me Kurono-sama, are you allergic to anything?"

"So we could prepare a different breakfast for you, I'm sorry to ask you now but since the same breakfast was always served on the table..."

I understood what she meant, I smiled at her.

"It's okay, I used to eat whatever(nothing) to survive. So I'll be fine with anything."

After saying that lie, Rei looked at me even more with disgust.

Does he hate it so much that I waste food?

In my previous life a lot of food was consumed and more than half of it in the garbage.

You should be thankful I at least have the excuse of trying to pretend I'm human!

Just so it doesn't bother I said this to Rose.

"F-For that reason no problem with giving me something small for breakfast, I'm still full from yesterday hahaha."

This guy's gaze was intense.

Stop looking at me like that.

After having breakfast, and discarding the food I ate and can't digest, I went with Rei to the village for a walk.

Why am I taking a walk with a guy and not with a beautiful girl now that I finally take the role of the protagonist of this world?

I don't physically know any woman!

Rose can't hardly walk because of her aches and pains, that's why she didn't join us.

I wanted to walk around the place now that I had legs and Rei came to show me around, which I already knew.

The real reason he is here is because he exaggerates thinking that to use his powers he must be next to me.

I asked him.

"It's been a long time since we walked around the duchy, well, at least for me who always saw everything from your tie."

"Yeah."

"Oh, look at that. They're using the machine you created to make cotton candy."

"Yeah."

"Somebody wrote on that house that Rose's kid is his and that you suck."

"Yeah."

I kicked him hard in the back for walking around answering reluctantly.

"What the hell are you doing?"

After falling to the ground and showing his obvious displeasure I faced him.

"That should be my line, what the hell is wrong with you?"

"Ever since we got here you've been acting like a total asshole to me."

"You're the kind of guy who's unhappy because others are happy, huh?"

He was quiet he, still on the floor, people started looking at us funny.

He stood up and said.

"It really bothers me that everyone can talk to you now, okay?"

"Huh?"

I showed an idiot expression at what I heard.

"Sorry, can you say that again?"

At this point, I started to panic, the guy in front of me was awakening the side I never thought I'd see in the obnoxious villain of the game.

"It bothers me that now I'm not special and I can hear you, it's just like finding a round stone and when you go to show it off, everyone has a stone just like it."

"It makes me feel like I'm not special."

I replied with all my honesty.

"Are you an idiot?"

"No. Are you a big boy idiot?"

"That's the stupidest answer I could have ever heard in my entire life."

I started laughing at that.

"Don't make fun of me!"

Rei was angry.

But it was for that reason that this moment felt just like in my past life when I was talking to my younger sister.

We would chat about absurd things, fight and even make up later.

It was the same feeling.

I looked at Rei and said after wiping away the artificial tears that came out of my eyes.

"Really. I feel like you haven't changed since you weren't a child."

"Does it bother you not being special?"

"Do you want to go to your mom's chest?"

Rei grabbed my jaw.

"You, you're stepping out of line."

"You forget that I'm the duke and I can execute you if I want to."

(Waah, he really got really upset, I get it, I get it).

"Okay. I'm sorry."

I begged for forgiveness and he left me.

After settling my jaw, I told him.

"Don't be picky, remember I'm still your god. You can't kill me because it would be heresy."

"I'll find another god then."

"Hahaha! How else would you find another god in the world?"

He smiled his cheek-to-cheek villain's grin at me.

"That weird cult prays to a goddess, there must be a better god than you out there."

"Rei, you bastard."

He was mocking me. But I didn't let myself be humiliated by him.

So I'll forgive him for being his god.

I pointed to the same place as before.

"Let's go get some cotton candy."

"Huh? For what?"

"I want to know if I can make it into a milkshake."

"What's a milkshake?"

"You'll know when I make it."

Even if we have moments that irritable, that feeling of laughing, crying, getting angry, getting sad, those are the reasons that make us human.

By the way, it's funny that our clothes relate to our last names.

Red and black.

0