Chapter 5
1.7k 6 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Are you talking to me?" Maru asked the voice that he heard. He did not speak with words but used his thoughts to connect with this welcome newcomer.

He was surprised that the voice could understand what he was trying to say.

"Affirmative, host." The voice answered Maru.

"Can you help me?" Maru inquired towards the voice.

"I will try, host.

System scanning…

1%

2%

3%

99%

100% complete

Found a new type of energy…

Classifying newly found energy as World Energy…

Classification complete...

Do you want to use world energy to heal your wounds, host?" the voice asked Maru.

"Yes. Yes. Please." Maru hastily replied to the voice. He could not believe it but he was willing to believe anything, even a miracle, just to live and see his family again.

"Affirmative, host." The voice responded to Maru. He then felt like he was poured by cold water as the energy was entering the pores of his skin and into his body.

It seemed that he was relaxing for an eternity but in fact, it only took five minutes for him to recover fully.

His face was not swollen anymore and returned to its healthy countenance. When he opened his eyes, he could still see nothing.

But his broken leg and arm had already mended. Maru felt no more pain. Even his hunger was gone. He was shocked. All of this was so unreal. It's magic, he thought.

"Am I blind?" Maru asked the voice.

"Negative, host. It is now night time. You have zero visibility in the dark." The voice answered Maru.

"Are you a person? Where are you?" Maru asked once more.

"Negative, host. I reside in your soul." the system replied to Maru.

"Can you lead me home?" Maru said to the system. He was surprised by this chain of events. He had lots of questions left unanswered but that would have to wait. Maru just wanted to go home now.

"Affirmative, host. Stand up. Take five steps forward and stop…" the voice started to guide Maru on his way back home.

It took him almost an hour to get back to his family's small hut. The moonless evening made the slow hike as challenging as the sewers.

Maru could not see a thing in his journey. When he could notice a little light in the distance, he ran for he knew he was finally home.

"Mom! Uwyn!" Maru shouted as he rushed to get to the hut.

"Brother!" Uwyn waited for him by the door. She shouted and ran to welcome him in a hug.

"Uwyn! Is mother okay? Have you already eaten?" these were the words that came from the mouth of Maru after he hugged his sister.

After all he went through, he still put his family first. Above himself and his wellbeing.

"What happened? Mom was so worried about you. You said you'd be back before dark!" Uwyn said angrily to her brother.

She was very concerned about her big brother. Her father had forsaken them already. Uwyn thought that maybe her brother had also left them because he got tired of caring for them.

She and her mother were useless. But the moment she saw him, all the negativity vanished.

Uwyn was glad to know that her brother did not abandon them. It was all she could hope for amidst this cruel life they have.

you can read the latest chapters of this novel at

https://creativenovels.com/novel/58482/a-i/

i'll still update this one so cheers! ^_^

21