Chapter 4: Villain Outbreak
10k 5 91
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Breona pointed a finger at him and sighed. “First of all, how the hell do you keep on attracting crazy bitches like her?”

 

“Oh, you’re exaggerating,” Skylar replied. “Damn, this burger’s good.”

 

“Oh really?” Breona scoffed. “Remember Samantha?”

 

“That cute biology girl from highschool?”

 

“Uh. . .that’s not how I remember it.”

 

“What’d she do?”

“You do realize she’s well known for being an obsessive stalking creep right?” Breona shook her head. Her best friend couldn’t be this clueless, could he? “Tell me what happened after you talked with her that one time y’all were paired together.”

 

“I got like, random chocolates and red flowers in my locker? I’m not sure,” Skylar pondered. “It’s been like what - 5 years since highschool?”

 

“. . . .Right,” Breona groaned. “Totally not weird at all.”

 

“Hey come on now. She was a little nervous and shy. I think it’s cute,” Skylar said to which he received a flick on the forehead by Breona. “Hey!”

 

“You deserve that for being so dumb, dumbass,” Breona said. “You’re always so clueless and naive at times. Like when you thought you’d explode from swallowing a couple seeds from an apple.”

 

Skylar breathed out snarkily. “That could totally happen! Just because it hasn’t happened yet, doesn’t mean Jack and the Beanstalk is lying to us.” 

 

“My point is, you need to be more careful with your relationships, Skye. I’m only saying this because I care for your dumb ass,” She said with a teasing smirk when she saw the mock-offended look on his face. “Although, out of all the crazy women and futas after you, this bitch might take the cake for the craziest of them all.”

 

Skylar wanted to refute. . .but then realized she was right. “And the scariest too,” He added.

 

“I’m curious though. What did you do for her to be this obsessed with you? Like,” Breonawolfed down an entire burger, accompanied by a loud slurp from her coke. “You’re pretty and all dude, but I’m sure there are other dudes better looking than you. No offense.”

 

“Wow, thanks,” Skylar mocked her faux compliment. He took a pause, thinking about what she’d just said. Certainly, Eve had never struck him as the type to be an obsessive-compulsive person and an even more possessive ex. Would she pee on him to mark her territory? He let out a giggle at that thought. “I don’t know. Our relationship was pretty normal.”

 

“You dated a cape,” Breona scoffed at him. “. . .ranked number two.”

 

Skylar couldn’t retort. “Well, it was pretty normal for a super/civilian relationship. We met when she saved me from a thug despite looking all frail and boney. Oh, she was so cute trying to act like a strong, big girl back in the days.” He giggled. “I took her in, fed her and she asked me out on my birthday with roses and a gift. Oh, it was the most romantic thing anyone’s done for lil college me.”

 

“Sounds like you’re talking about a dog,” Breona said before smiling. “Well, she is a bitch.”

 

Skylar chuckled at that. “I guess so. She was really kind at the time, you know. So caring and loving. She always told me how much she loved me, how lucky she was to have me back then.”

 

Until she cheated on you. .” Breona mumbled quietly. “What changed?”

 

“Her powers,” Skylar frowned. “One night, something strange happened. We were strolling down an alley. Got jumped by bad guys. One of them struck me-”

 

“Woah, woah. Struck you? And you didn’t tell me about this?” Breona raised an eyebrow, tensing up. Skylar placated her by holding her arm and giving her a gentle smile. “I’m fine now. Chill. The point is that when I was struck and fell down, she just snapped.

 

“Snapped?”

 

“Yeah. Like, her eyes and hands started glowing black before a flash of light overtook my vision,” Skylar recalled. “The next thing I know, all of them were down and Eve was heaving, panting on the floor.”

 

He continued. “A couple medical checkups later, it was revealed that Eve had a double awakening. Whereas before, she could only use basic telepathy and telekinesis, now she could do so much more.” He then formed shapes with his hands. “Trees, Buildings and even hills. As the days grew, so did her powers. Eventually, she amassed enough strength to rise through the ranks and  I. . .”

 

“I should have been happy for her. Encouraged her. Support her as her boy,” Skylar sighed. ‘’But I couldn’t. Her eyes, you should have seen her eyes. Gone were the gentle, loving ones I loved. Now they were filled with nothing but madness. A scary desire and obsession to become strong. It was all that mattered to her.”

 

“I see,” Breona realized that Skylar’s hand had been shaking this entire time. Holding it, she looked into Skylar’s eyes as he continued his tale. 

 

“A fight was inevitable.  I wanted her to return to the kind, caring futa I loved. To stop this obsession with ranks, power and money,” Skylar shook his head. “She thought I was stupid. She berated me for not supporting her and left the house that night. It became a recurring thing. She came back. We fight. She left to. . .well, god knows where.”

 

“So, one night, on my birthday, I thought to get her a present, a gift so that we’ll be able to fix our relationship and return it back to how things were,” Skylar gave a sad smile. “Her and the guy she was cheating on me with didn’t seem to think so. Hah, guess I know where she’s going after our fights after all.”

 

“Oh shit!” Breona rushed to his side, hugging him deeply. “You didn’t deserve that.” The two of them embraced each other for a couple of moments before Mercy peeled her arms off her best but extremely gullible friend. She could never forget the day they met. 

 

Oh, how he was such a crybaby. How he believed in everything people said, trusted nearly anyone and yet, she still couldn’t get him to eat his greens. She was always there for him, always protected him even when they were young as he always found himself in trouble. Like that one time he went left instead of right and walked right into a den of rabid dogs. Or that other time where he had caused a fight between two girls who were clearly into him, but he thought they were just friendly. The danger sense in this boy was broken, which is why she had decided long ago to protect him - to the best of her abilities. An idea popped up in Mercy’s head. 

 

 


Do Consider Checking Out My Patreon, (2 chapters ahead/£1.50) (Entire Story/£6) ------> https://www.patreon.com/Norobo

Or, come home -------> https://discord.gg/3jQXJ8PgEq

 
91