Chapter 6: Villain Outbreak III
8.8k 7 77
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

“There’s a little girl over there,” Skylar whispered. 

 

“What?” Breona looked at where Skylar was pointing and saw the look on his face. “No.”

 

“She’s right there.” 

 

“No.”

 

“She’s seven.”

 

“. . .No, Skye.”

 

“Why not? I could sneak in and come back.”

 

“I said no!” Breona hissed, yanking Skylar back so that she could look him in the eyes. She brought his hands up, showing him how he was shivering from fear. “What’s going to happen is that you’re going to go there, the big villain who just destroyed three heroes by himself is gonna see you, kill you, eat you and shit you out.”

 

Skylar took a deep breath. “I can’t just let someone die like that, Bree. Not to mention, she’s only a child. I can’t do it.”

 

“Hey, hey. Look,” Breona pinched the bridge of her nose, sighing. “I’m sure the other heroes are rushing over here. It’s going to be alright, Skye. Just. . .just look away.”

 

Skylar bit his lips. He felt useless, weak and guilty for even entertaining the idea that he should listen to Breona. . .and allow the child to die. But he also knew that his best friend was mostly being realistic. He couldn’t ask for Breona’s help as her ability only allowed for one person - other than herself - to be cloaked in her invisibility and he was sure she wouldn’t trade his life with the child. Right now, the best option would be to wait for another hero to come in and hopefully, save the day. He calmed himself down, the logical side of his brain taking over. Breona was right. Even if he did sneak out, he was nearly certain he would mostly die and found out before he even got close to the girl. There was nearly no cover along the way. In the worst case scenario, both him and the child would be killed, making his sacrifice useless. 

 

He should wait it out. He should stay. The goliath looked bored with the heroes now and was stomping his way to the direction of the shatterdome. . .which was right ahead of the little girl. She looked absolutely scared but tried to be brave, covering her mouth with her hands, hushing herself as tears fell down her cheeks. She was going to be killed. 

 

“Use your ability and get her out. I’ll distract the big fellow,” Skylar turned to Breona and gave her a smile. “Don’t forget me,  Bree.” 

 

“Wai-!” 

 

He didn’t hear her protests anymore as he rushed out of the store, beelining towards the big guy. His initial plans of sneaking towards the little girl were now irrelevant since the Goliath had started moving. 

 

Grabbing a canister of paint, his shoes screeched against the asphalt before he used his momentum to throw it straight at the big oaf’s head. It connected with the goliath’s temples as he stopped suddenly, turning around so that his back was to the little girl. 

 

“What’s this?” The goliath said, his eyes interested. “Another hero for me to play with?”

 

Skylar trembled, feeling the humongous pressure a strong villain exuded. He somewhat found the courage to reply when he saw Breona sneaking out of the store, making her way to the little girl. “That’s right. And if yo-you don’t want to get beaten u-”

 

The Goliath cut him off by rolling his head back in boisterous laughter. “And, who's going to beat me up? A dainty little Omega like you?!”

 

Skylar tried his best to look as mean as possible, while trying to find his courage to talk back to the literal human giant. His ex’s face popped up and that was all he needed to find his anger and voice. “I’m not just a little Omega! And If you think you can beat me just because you’re somewhat bigger, you’re in for a treat.”

 

“Try your best, you dumb plank,” Skylar yelled, and flipped him off - with the index finger, of course. He was too honest and gentle to actually flip someone off. It was surprising enough that he was standing off against a giant that could literally crush him in his sleep. 

 

The Goliath’s smile flipped over, apparently done with mocking the little ant as his giant muscles tensed, a clench in his jaws. “Do you know what we do to little girls like you who think their face can save them from anything?”

 

Skylar really didn’t want to find out, but he peeked at how Breona had reached the little girl’s position and saw that she was signaling him to stall the giant a little further. She was definitely buying him a bucket’s worth of cherry lemon ice-cream if he survived this. 

 

“Like I’d care to find out,” Skylar hissed at him. “Look at you. You’ve caused nothing but harm and pain to innocents who were minding their own business.”

 

The Goliath laughed at that. He took his tree-thick arm towards Skylar which made him flinch for a second before pointing at the innocent people he spoke of. “These innocents of yours are nothing more than a bunch of snakes, vipers that are just lying for the moment, waiting until they catch you at your weakest before they strike!”

 

“If they are so innocent - so righteously good, tell me little mouse,” The Goliath smiled wide enough to show his iced out teeth. “Why do they not help?”

 

A laughter booms out of his lips again. “You’re nothing but an ant in front of me. A tiny little fly I could squash anytime I wanted. I could.” He took a step forward and the world rumbled. “I would. If I did, do you think they would sacrifice themself from your heroic act and rush in - all to fight me?”

 

“Or, will they run in hopes that someone else will do the hard work?” The Goliath turned around and stomped once on the ground. “Tartarus has peeled my eyes open. In gratitude, I am on a mission. A mission to show everyone the truth - the dream and paradise that is the soil that the plants grow on - Tartarus.”

 


Do Consider Checking Out My Patreon, (Entire Story/£6) ------> https://www.patreon.com/Norobo

Or, come home -------> https://discord.gg/3jQXJ8PgEq

77