Chapter 29: My Saviour, My Hero (1)
4.6k 2 43
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

PREVIOUSLY

Skylar reminded himself to smack her up the chin when he came back from the date. He went on to text her for a couple minutes to distract himself before closing his phone and took a deep breath.

He opened his eyes and smiled. He looked at his reflection in the mirror. “You’ve got this. Nothing is going to go wrong. You deserve this.” He continued on giving him a pep talk, inwardly screaming and fanboying over how he was now going to go on a date with his all time crush!


This was a mistake...

Skylar checked his watch again with a frown. Was it actually too good to be true? 

9:50 am. 

By the time the clock struck 9, he had been nervously and excitedly waiting for a knock on his window but as time had gone on, his elation had turned to anxiety as he kept his eyes peeled, always sitting behind his window pane, hoping to catch her anytime soon.

He was starting to think for the worse. In the meanwhile however, he kept himself occupied with the view that his window pane provided him. Ever since his room had undergone a do-over, he could finally see through his once-opaque-with-dirt glass. 

Oh, never had his city been so beautiful in the morning. From his position, he could see the multiple skyscrapers peaking through the clouds, the many advertisement boards and screens that told of the latest trends or news. Many times he had seen his date’s face plastered across them. Deciding to open the windows, the sound of bustling people and honking cars all interweaved so beautifully with the urban smell of burgers and hotdogs. From up here, he could see the many people, old, young, couples and kids walking about like ants. 

A deep breath in and he caught hints of multiple Omegas, Alphas and the cologne of Betas. Sonder was what he felt when he realized each one of them had a life, a story behind them and a personal road in front of them. 

Oh, how he suddenly felt so insignificant in the grand scheme of things. Each and one of the many Omegas walking about was pretty, cute or sexy. So why did Paragon choose him?

In all honesty, Skylar had enough confidence in himself to say that he was at least cute and that he had his own shine of brilliance. But, his confidence was made of glass, shattering the moment someone looked like they were laughing at him. So, why did Paragon choose him?

Amongst many of the Omegas living in this city, it would be arrogant to say that he stood above all of them in terms of beauty despite Breona telling him so, multiple times. He’d grown up in this city, gone through all hell of high school and graduated from here. There was a certain flair that most Omegas had, in which he didn’t. He’d heard that most Omegas found their mates by the time they were in high school or college - the claimed marks on their necks proved so. Breona told him he was just a late bloomer. Next, he’d heard that there was a chance that he was simply queer but found that wasn’t the case since as long as he could remember, he’d always been attracted to an Alpha’s dominant, tall, strong physique. Was there something wrong with him? Is that why Paragon stood him up?

Skylar rubbed his hands together, dragging a chair behind him with one of his tentacles before sitting down with a sigh. A hopeful glance to the clock. 10:20 AM. He knew it was too good to be true. Even dressed in all the beauty of the world, a dream was still a dream. Was he. . .Was he actually ugly? If Skylar could describe himself, he’d say he was in the gray area between cute, sexy and beautiful, of average height and build. He was also a little softer in the body, due to his job as an freelance writer/editor which meant he spent most of his days sitting on his ass, typing on his computer. Despite all the exercise and diets Breona had prepared for him, he could never seem to slim down his body enough.

Oh. 

That’s what it is. He was never enough. Again, he looked back down at his watch. 10:40 AM.

With nothing to do, Skylar plopped down on his bed. Oh, his dress had crumpled up. . .Well, who cares? He scanned his room, counting down everything golden and white before he got bored with that too. He went back to his messages but then closed his phone when the only latest message was from Breona two hours ago, wishing him good luck for the date. 

He remembered what she had written in the letter by heart. She told him she’d be here by nine o’clock, and that she’d be the one to come pick him up, literally. 

His eyes closed and he lowered his head again, sighing quietly to himself. Still nothing.

What would she think when she saw him, he wondered? He had felt pretty proud and confident in his new dress, giddy with excitement to see the expression on her face when he showed it to her. He looked cute, adorable and just desirable in it. He could only imagine the - hopefully - look of shock, happiness and charmed look on her face when she saw how he looked in his dress.

Minutes slowly tickled by as he periodically glanced up to check out if he missed a certain red cape and the longer he waited, the more he was sure that this was all a big mistake. What was he thinking? Paragon was probably already on another date with a prettier, better natured Omega, not some uninteresting bump on a log like him. Had he gotten the message wrong? Did she just want to keep him as some sort of side dish?

His stomach rolled around. The blood in his veins froze. Worst case scenario she was looking for a little 'fun', thinking she could have some time together in a love hotel or something. Maybe this was for the best. He actually didn’t want to see the look of crushing regret on her face, which was probably why she had stood him up. It was something he’d heard of, how Omegas were stuck in bedrest in love-sickness after making their Alphas disappointed or being called ugly. Now, he was sure Paragon wouldn’t be that mean but then again, she’s now. . .2 hours late for their date.

Yeah...this was definitely a mistake.

 

 


Read 10 chapters ahead for £6 or $9------> https://www.patreon.com/Norobo

My Discord------> https://discord.gg/3jQXJ8PgEq

43