Chapter 33: My Saviour, My Hero (5)
4k 0 53
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

PREVIOUSLY

A real connection had formed between them. Their hearts had been tethered - a small, delicate string of red that could break at any time. But this was okay. With time and effort, Skylar was confident he could nurture it to become big and strong, able to withstand anything the world threw at it.

But all good things must end. He didn’t need to check his watch to see that it was well into the night. The sun had long since slept as an ocean of stars and a curtain of comets unfolded before his eyes. The neon lights and billboards that would have hindered the view otherwise were below them and instead, provided a contrasting view between Space and Man.

Two different sets of eyes gazed upon the night sky but both were synonymous in their feelings. Unable to withstand the dead silence, Thea asked him a question she had been meaning to ask since a while ago. “How about your love life?”


 

 

Skylar blinked. That was. . .sudden. His head hung as he sat there silently for a few moments before covering his face in embarrassment which quickly changed to disappointment when a familiar face popped into his head. 

“I had one but I wouldn’t really call it a relationship,” His reply came out more bitter than he wanted it to sound like. 

“Is that so? Oh sorry, did I hit a nerve?” Thea asked politely. “Bad breakup or. . .?”

“No. .no, it’s not like that,” Skylar blinked as he thought. “Well, there is that too. . but, just, a lot of other things happened too.”

“Oh. . .I see,” Thea said. “Can I ask what happened?”

Skylar bit the insides of his cheeks again. He’d been doing that a lot recently. He thought of a sentence that could define their relationship. “She. . .She cheated on me.”

 Immediately, he was pulled into a hug. He was too short for his head to lay on her shoulders so instead he was nudged into her well-endowed bosom as her chin rested above his head. 

Softly, she said, “I’m so sorry to hear that. What. . .Why would she ever do that?”

Skylar dreaded this question. He knew that she would ask this question the moment the topic of his terrible ex was brought forth. Usually, he would just change the subject or respectfully tell the other person that he didn’t want to talk about it but for some reason, he needed to tell this woman everything as much as it would hurt him to relive the experience through his tellings. 

“Do you really want to know?” Skylar asked her gently. He had already made his decision regardless but still wanted to hear it from her first. He knew that if she wished so, she could have him spill all of his secrets but for now, he needed to at least act like he wasn’t completely head over heels right now.

She didn’t even hesitate to answer. “Yes.” She paused for a moment. “If you lay your heart bare for me, I. . .I will do the same.”

“Really?” Skylar’s eyes shone. 

“Yeah,” Thea smiled wryly. “You don’t know how I feel about you, Skylar. I’m only holding them back in favor of the thought that, well, the truth might hurt you.”

Skylar’s heart swooned at her words. This. . this was such a big step, not to mention it was only the first date and here they were, already acting like an old couple. But, this felt right for some reason, as if something that would happen, had happened. It didn’t feel too quick like one would believe, no, it was just right. With anyone else however, he was sure he wouldn’t be so quick to spill his heart out like this. 

But after all, she was Paragon.

So then, Skylar went on to spend the rest of his time, telling Paragon everything about himself. From the moment he was born as a rare breed, a male Omega and how he had tried to hide it for years in highschool, bypassing it as a simple Beta. How Paragon had changed her that one fateful evening. How he met his ex, Eve or otherwise known as Wonder Eve before all her glory and glamor. This was a very surprising and interesting topic for the both of them, especially for Thea as she hadn’t expected the second strongest Cape to be her self-proclaimed rival. Originally, she didn’t think much of Wonder Eve other than an Alpha who perhaps had too much time on her hand but after she heard of how Wonder Eve had gotten her hands on Skylar first, a dirty, disgusting feeling spread like an infection across her chest. 

Jealousy. She didn’t expect that she’d experience a new emotion again, not to mention something like envy. Feeling the ugly emotion for herself, she felt like she had drunk poison but this one made her narrow-sighted, to mark Skylar as hers and to claim him for herself.

“Thea?” Skylar tilted his head and looked at her with a grimace. “Are you okay? You’re releasing a lot of negative scents.”

“I am?” Thea asked. She sniffed the air and it was exactly as he said it. “Oh sorry about that. I got a little disturbed hearing how she treated you. Adorable Omegas like you should never have to experience something like that.”

Skylar coughed, hiding his blush at being called adorable. “Anyway, as I was saying,” He continued on with his story which was now beginning to take a nose dive deep into the icky, grimy waters that was his relationship with the new, double-awakened Eve. He continued on to tell of how Eve had begun to change for the worst, becoming even more possessive with him, sometimes even going so far as to forbid him from speaking to his Alpha friends, a behavior Alphas only exhibited when their mate Omega was in labor - something he would never be with Eve.

Of course, he didn’t accept her ridiculous dictatorship over his life and somewhat rebelled against her, which was when Eve really began to change for the worse. She started to party outside with her friends - leeches who only wanted her fame and money - and even went to strip clubs despite him clearly saying he didn’t want that. It was as if she wanted to make him jealous but had gone a little too far since after all, she did eventually cheat on him.

Here, Skylar had to take a break. The imagery of her betrayal and the feeling of not being able to do anything or say anything as he caught them in the act, was still so clear in his mind. 

“And, she still tries to come into your life?” Thea asked as he nodded sadly. One could smell the burnt woods and volcanic ashes from her. The audacity she had to try and waltz into Skylar’s life after literally cheating on him and breaking such an adorable Omega’s heart. 

Skylar smelt her angry pheromones. “Oh, but it wasn’t her fault. After all, if I had understood her urges as an Alpha, perhaps she never would hav-”

Stop that,” Thea commanded in her Alpha voice. Skylar went stiff spine and neck bared at her voice. She continued on, this time without the Alpha voice. “I want you to stop thinking so negatively of yourself. Look at me.”

She stared into his eyes with the passion of a thousand fires.  “You may not see it but all I see in front of me is a strong Omega who stood up against an Alpha Villain. Be proud of that.”

“Now, put your head up high,” She ordered him and he obeyed. “And never let anyone - I repeat - anyone make you think otherwise, you hear me?”

 


Do consider supporting me on my patreon and read 10 chapters ahead for £6 or $9------> https://www.patreon.com/Norobo

My Discord------> https://discord.gg/3jQXJ8PgEq

53