Visiting a black market-1
960 4 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Su Yan left the room after threatening me, leaving me alone inside the tent. Still I was lucky that I managed to get help from those two girls. I changed my identity again using the necklace I have bought from system's store. It was because I don't want to gain any unwanted attention that might jeopardize my future plans. 

Also I don't want anyone to know those two girls were related to me. As for my new identity as, Yang Min, not many people might take notice of some low level cultivator. Even though Flame city wasn't particularly big, it still had population around five to six thousand. Also many travellers visit the city so unless I blatantly disregard rules of the city, I won't be in any trouble also my identity won't be revealed.

During these few days, I managed to see the greed, betrayal, distrust, everything which were common in cultivation world. You can be safe only if you are powerful enough. Everyone is ready to step on others corpse to rise. So, if I want to live my life on my terms, increasing my strength was a no-brainer. Only powerful people have rights to choose.

During this trip my cultivation level has raised to fourth level of spirit realm, which wasn't too impressive for people of my age but  it was mind blowing considering the fact that it hasn't been more than a week after I started cultivating. Also I had gained few allies, which mean I was in a lot better position than I had started a week earlier.

After organising my thoughts, I went outside the tent where two beautiful girls were waiting for me. One had sweet smile on her face while another one had returned to her cold uncaring attitude.

"Are you girls ready to return now?" I asked with a smile while walking toward them.

"Yes we are ready, I think we should hurry, I feel suffocated in this place." Zhang Rou replied in soft, melancholic Voi e. Both the girls had sullen face as they have lost someone important to them in this place. Chu Wei was there saviour and he was also like their siblings with whom they were deeply attached. Also there was Meng Wu, even when he betrayed them, he was still someone who was with them for quite a time. Even if they didn't speak about their pain, sorrow outrightly, they were still in deep pain which they tried to hide behind their smile.

After gaining their approval we proceeded toward Flame city, we also didn't forget to destroy the remaining tents. 

"Brother Yang, will you enter the city in disguise?" Zhang rou broke the silence and also the awkward situation between me and Su Yan.

"Yeah, I think it will be safer this way also I don't others to know I am able to cultivate now." Su Yan was silent throughout whole journey while Zhang Rou had countless questions which I patiently explained. She seemed extremely curious about my parents and their heroics.

When we reached, near the entry of Flame city, Su Yan suddenly spoke." I think it will be better if I  go separate from here on."

"Huh, why sister Su? Don't tell me you want to leave me alone." Zhang Rou panicked and she also moved toward Su Yan and hugged her tightly.

"Don't worry Zhang'er I will never leave you alone. I think it will be better if I went now and try to gain some information about Golden Merchant association and plan how to infiltrate them. I will visit you as soon as I get time." Su Yan consoled Zhang rou who was close to crying. And to think this girl dared Su Yan to leave her alone. I was amazed to learn how vulnerable the girl who was often smiling and even forced her sister to help me.

"I also think it will be better this way. If someone find out about our alliance it won't be good for us. Also try to make up some random stories to gain their trust. If you want to visit Zhang'er you can find her in Long mansion." I agreed with Su Yan's idea and gave her few suggestions.

"I know what to do. You better hope all your words are true or else it won't be good for you. Also keep your claws away from Zhang'er." Su Yan hurriedly went toward the city gate after threatening me. I didn't mind her words because she was only concerned about safety about Zhang Rou. Only if she didn't think everything was my mistake how better it would be. 

'She also enjoyed the night we spent together and now she is  pushing all the blame toward me.' I felt bit wronged about that because she also didn't stop me that time and now she acted rude and cold. The only positive thing was she was willing to help me. So, I ignored her behaviour also she was much stronger than me. As for  the matter concerning our relationship, it can be slowly improved.

Watching Su Yan's fleeing back, Zhang Rou was finally unable to control her and started sobbing.

"Don't worry Zhang'er, she will come to visit you soon also I will treat you well." I consoled Zhang Rou but kept my distance.

"I know that but I still feel sad. First brother Chu, Meng Wu and sister Su, I am left alone now. Even when I know she left to help with your plan , I still feel sad. Do you think I am a crybaby."

"No, you are a brave girl. If anyone else have gone through what you have suffered they might have already lost the will to live. So, you can cry till you fell better. I will always be with you from now on."  What I said to her were my true feelings. She was a girl who suffered tremendously during these few days. And if I am correct she didn't have much better past before being rescued by Chu Wei, but still this girl was able to smile and resolve her heart to be willing to help me even when her life could be in danger. She truly was one strong girl. 

After few minutes she finally get hold of herself and stopped crying." Brother Yang, let's go. From now on I won't be a liability for you?" 

"Okay. Don't always be so stiff.  Have you ever gone to huge marketplace." I asked her while traveling toward city gate.

"No, I don't remember going , why do you ask?"

"Then, how about going to one?" 

"Are you sure?" She replied excitedly. Even if her strength was higher than me she was still a girl younger than me so she became quite excited after hearing my proposal.

"Yeah, anything to make you happy."

Hearing my answer, Zhang Rou gave a beautiful smile which suited her face more than earlier teary expression.

[You certainly have learned how to be greasy, don't you.] 

"Don't tell me you are also impressed by my words."

[Ha! Dream on. But remember to complete you missions well also don't be too impatient in your plans.]

"Have you genuinely started to care for me or only I have felt that way."

[Who cares about you, I just don't want system holder to die pathetically like a dog.] 

,.......,.....................................

The reasons why I wanted to take Zhang Rou to marketplace was not only to improve her mood but also to see if I can find something suitable for me. Even if my cultivation was improving rapidly my attack prowess was severely lacking. Also I lack other resources too which I was hoping to buy during this visit.

17