Visiting a black market-2
892 1 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was a native of flame city and my family was also an influential one so, I already had known about the existence and location of black market. They were quite common in almost all the cities.

The black market was a place which couldn't openly exist but it's ties were certainly connected with few big shots of the city. Here spoils obtained after killing or robbing others as well as items which couldn't be sold in outside world could me sold. Black market was like a separate world within the city. If you get lucky you can find treasure in cheap cost but if you're  careless even for a moment you will certainly be swindled.

There were also many items with dubious origin or identity sold in this place.

Cultivators  who visit the black market all followed some unspoken rules, most importantly no one questions about the origin of items, and after transaction were settled, there would be no refunds.

,..................................................

Zhang Rou and me, both reached toward the dark alley, which was our destination and also the location of black market within Flame city. As covering our identity was important I made Zhang Rou wear a mask and also a black robe before entering city. As for me, I was already in disguise so I didn't feel the need to wear mask.

Black market were places where it was easy to find treasures cheaply , so it was mostly crowded and today it wasn't any different. As we entered the marketplace, it was crowded with people trying to test their luck or sell items. There were endless stalls for selling pills, arrays, armours, weapons and cultivation techniques or battle arts.

My goal today was to see if I can find some useful pills, cultivation arts focusing on attack. As for why I didn't use system's store because I every items out there was overpriced. It was already hard to gain points and price of each items was extravagant. Whenever I tried to say such, system fairy always replied it was because of their high quality.

So, I thought it would be better if we buy some items in cheap from black market.

"Hey Zhang'er, tell me if you fancy anything I will buy it for you." 

"I don't need anything right now so, you can buy for yourself." Even if she replied in uninterested way, her actions betrayed her words. She was constantly looking at every stall and was getting excited. She was still a young girl, even younger than me, so she still had soft foot for pretty items.

'She has helped me tremendously, I will make sure to buy her something nice.' I thought in my mind.

As for the money, I have made sure to collect space ring of every people who were killed in our ambush. Most of them had their space ring filled with useless items but few strong ones like Chu Cheng's bodyguard were quite wealthy. It will be enough for me to spend in this visit. Also we have collected the beast core we collected during our mission which will fetch good price. As for Mercenary guild all three of us agreed to leave it. Also, as for Chu Wei's space ring I gave it to Su Yan as she was working alone.

Both of us, were looking around admiring the great bustling crowd and plethora of items for sale. Even though it was black market it's atmosphere wasn't much different than normal marketplace.

We found one of the stall, which wasn't as crowded as other stalls. A old age man, who seems to be owner of stall,  was instructing his employees. There were only few other customers who were bargaining about much to the displeasure of old man.

When we entered the stall, one of the employee, greeted us. "Greetings to both young miss and young master."

Both us returned his polite gesture.

"We have some items we will like to sell, would you take a look." I spoke while handing him over a space ring. I had already gathered the beast core, and all other items which we were planning to sell in a space ring. 

The employee checked the contents of the space rIng, after few minutes he spoke,"Young master, I checked the content of your space ring. We will only be able to offer you 200 gold coins."

"Huh" I was surprised as the space ring consist of a  beast core of snow python. Also some pills, array. As for their weapons most of them had low quality weapons which were already disposed by us in the forest.

"Young master you have beast core but it seems to be from young one also most of the pills are of low quality and common ones. So, 200 gold coins is the most I can offer." Seeing by displeasure he patiently explained.

As I was inexperienced in market prices, I don't know what was the real value of goods which I was selling. I looked toward Zhang Rou to see if she has any idea but she was busy scanning all the items of the stall. 

"I can sell you but You have to give me at least 10 percent discount in any items I buy from your stall." I tried to put my proposal forward. But he readily agreed with a smile on his face.

"Then what will you need young master?" He asked politely.

"Show me some battle arts, also bring some armours." 

He went delightedly to bring what I ordered him, but I was displeased because I felt I was being cheated. As I have no previous experience of bargaining, I had no clue how to start. As for Zhang Rou she seemed to be in her own world. Thinking now, I seem to have hurried about visiting black market. If I had spent some time researching market price then I would have gotten better price. I lamented inside my mind.

[Or, you could have simply handed those items to Chu Cheng for sale.]

"Huh, why didn't you tell me that before." Damn, I forgot that Chu Cheng was from merchant association. While trying to solve problems with Su Yan, I even forgot that. 

[You never asked me.]

,..................................................

The store keeper  returned with large number of items," Young master these are the top quality battle arts we have in our store. Please check if these satisfies you." He spoke while he spread few scrolls.

As I saw those scrolls, most of them were only low level battle arts. Among those scrolls,there were three scrolls that attracted my attention.

"Burning sun fire art" 

"Purple lightening art" and

"Plum blossom sword art"

Those three were only of high earth grade but they were still better than the ones which were present here. The highest grade battle arts found in Flame city were of medium sky grade. So they weren't too shabby and can be useful for my level.

[Hey dummy, ignore these three and choose the one with little bit torn cover out there in your right side.] System fairy who was silent till now ordered me.

"Huh, hey don't mess with me now." 

[If you believe me then choose that one, it will be more beneficial for you. As for how I will tell you later.]

I watched the scroll, that system fairy recommend me. It wasn't eye-catching and was only at low level earth grade and it's name was" Mountain splitting fist art". 

"Hey system fairy, are you trying to dupe me, it's really worse." I wasn't much pleased with her choice because it was really of low level.

[Dummy believe me. You won't lose anything.]

I was caught in two minds, whether to believe her or not. But at last I finally made my mind and to her trust her this time. If just hope she isn't lying.

.................................................

"Hey, do you need some battle arts, see if you fancy something." I asked Zhang Rou who was completely immersed in her own world.

"I don't need these. I already have learnt few better ones than these." Her reply was short.

I choose all three of those battle arts and also the one which system fairy recommend to me, " I will buy these three arts but you have to give this one for free." I bought all four of them because at present I don't even have single battle Arts and it was always better to learn more.

A cultivator was able to learn battle arts of any element but mostly focused on only one or type because it was more easier to advance and helpful in long run. Most of time it was decided by their sect, family or location where they were. But I have decided to learn battle arts of every elements out there. It was because my parents also had done the same.

He thought for some time and replied,"Okay, will you need any other things."

"No." I planned to buy few armours but after buying four battle arts, my pockets will suffer severely so, it was necessary to control spending.

As, shopkeeper was calculating the costs, I looked toward Zhang Rou, whom I have ignored for so long. She was Staring at one of the Sky blue coloured gown, which also seems to be a whole body armour.

"Do you like it."

"Yes.. no, I don't want it."

She seemed to really want that dress also she don't want to increase my spending, sigh! Such a cute girl.

"Hey, shopkeeper, how much does this dress cost?"

"Brother, you don't have to. I don't need it."

"Don't worry. It's my gift to you."

"Thank you." She was really happy.

"Young master this free will cost 40 gold coins. It is also a full body armour with excellent defence. It is made with silk extracted from mature rainbow silkworms, so they are extremely comfortable to wear........"

He explained about the products, which I believe more than half were false.

"Young Master, your total cost will be 170 gold coins. After deducting, you have 30 gold coins. Please have a look." He handed me a space ring, which I have gave him earlier. 

"Please visit again young master and young miss."

I felt I have got unfair price but still it was great to be able to buy few items which I dearly needed. Also Zhang Rou was smiling brightly because of my present.

"Thank you brother Yang."

"Don't mention it. I will buy anything to make you happy."

" Are you sure. Then do you want me to good some good words about you to Sister Su. He! He!he!." Now she seemed to have gotten oven her gloomy mood and even was teasing me.

We spent our time strolling through the market but rarely bought anything, except for few dresses for Zhang Rou, who was now extremely energetic.

18