Saving a damsel in distress -1
885 4 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Infront of us was one of the small sized inn. The building didn't look particularly attractive neither it was much crowded. Also it was located in one of  the secluded area of flame city so it was almost empty with very few people nearby.

As for why we were here was because after spending whole day strolling through the crowded market, both of us were extremely tired. Also the mental fatigue of past few days was weighing heavily.

So we decided to rest in one of the inns. We choose one of the cheap one also one of the less crowded one. At first I planned to return to my mansion but since now I was going to start my plan and also I am using disguise I felt it won't be wise to return to my mansion. If someone noticed my identity then all my plan will go down the drain. Even though not many people cared about me but still it was better to be safe than sorry.

As for absence, there were  not any people who cared about my life or death, so it won't cause any commotion.

As for Zhang Rou she happily agreed with my suggestion. She was already in good mood as she has gotten some pretty clothes, armours in her hand.

,...................................................

As we entered the inn, it was almost empty. There were less than five customers who were chatting while drinking, and the place was dark and damp. The inn was in much worse condition than we thought it was in. 

It was also one of the reason why we choosed this Inn, because of its sorry state,  because we wanted to interact with as less people as we can till we fulfill our plan.

A beautiful middle aged woman who was in the counter greeted us,"Hello young master and miss, how can I help you?"

Even though she didn't seem like a cultivator, she was extremely attractive for someone her age. Her plump breasts and sumptuous curves could attract anyone's attention. The only reason why she have few customers, despite such pathetic condition of Inn, seems to be because of her alluring body. 

"Do you have empty rooms, we will need to two rooms?" I asked for two rooms not only because I was afraid of Su Yan's threat but also because I currently have no plan to make any move on her. I don't want to repeat same mistakes again. I can satisfy lust with other woman's too but I can't find capable teammates so easily.

"We have rooms available.For how long will you need it?" She had faint smile in her face while she was replying us.

"At least for one month, if needed we will increase the time later on. Also we need rooms which are close to eachother." I replied her politely while stating our demands.

"Okay. We charge one gold coin for single night. You have to pay at least half, before reserving the rooms." The price in her Inn was really low which matched the condition the inn was in.

I handed her thirty gold coins as advance for two rooms which she gracefully accepted.

"Come, I will show you the room." She spoke while moving towards the stairs. Both of us followed her quietly.

,.....................................................

The mature lady showed us the rooms which were just opposite to each other. All the rooms in that floor was locked which showed that there were no other people staying in that floor. The  building of Inn was of  two storey, so our rooms were in top floor. The pathway was dusty, spider webs were common within the walls. Fungus have started to grows on the walls, and  they gave unpleasant smell.  

"Your, Inn doesn't seem to be doing well, right?" I asked her in displeased tone but inwardly I was quite happy. The less the people the more better it will be.

"Sorry for your discomfort. It has been hard to run this inn due to some problems. If you don't like the rooms then I can refund you?" She replied in apologetic tone. She seemed like an honest woman because not many merchant I have seen offer to refund when they got money in their hands.

"We are fine with this, just remember to clean all the dirt as soon as you can."

"I-I will. If you need anything please call me." She gave us keys and returned to her counter. Even she seemed confused that we agreed to stay after seeing such disgraceful state of her rooms.

"Zhang'er you must be tired. So rest well today."

"Umm. Okay." She replied in lethargic way. After spending whole day strolling through market, she had no energy left and was quiet the whole time while we were returning.

,.........................................

After entering my room, I sat down to check the battle arts that I have bought earlier. All four of them were of pretty low grade and were quite easy to learn and use. They can be stopgap method until I earn enough points to learn some high grade arts from systems store.

"Hey, fairy why did you asked me to buy the earlier technique?" I was baffled when she suggested me that techniques, so I asked her.

System fairy, who was petite and cute as usual, appeared in front of me, [Just use your brain dummy, what is your major cultivation manual?]

"It's the one you gave me, Heavenly God Devourer. Why ask something you already know."

[Have you already comprehended it entirely.]

"Yeah. Why?"

[Don't you think it's incomplete or lack something.]

"Huh."What she was speaking was exactly in my mind, even though I felt the technique was overbearing but it certainly lacked any offensive power. Most of the cultivation techniqes allowed cultivators to not only gather ki but also offensive techniques. When they comprehended it full they learn other attacking or defensive techniques for their need.

As for my major cultivation manual, it certainly allowed me to gather ki rapidly, but didn't have  offensive or defensive technique, which was pretty unusual.

It was important decision to choose major cultivation manual, because if affects the cultivation journey of cultivator. If it is of low quality then it will be hard to advance beyond certain level. 

As for other battle arts, whether attacking or defensive one they don't affect much. So any cultivator can learn them as they wish.

[It is because that technique isn't complete, it has another part which you can access once you reach certain level by upgrading the system. As for why I recommended that technique is because it will certainly help you once you gain second part of manual. For you devour anything you need to have contact, so contact based battle arts is most suitable for you. Also the next part of your cultivation manual will be focused on your physical body transformation, so with contact based battle arts you will have more experience in future.]

"Oh, thanks for this time." I felt what she was speaking was convincing. Also I wondered how overbearing will the second part of my cultivation manual be.

[You don't need to thank me, just focus on upgrading the system also try to understand every mysteries of the 'Heavenly God devourer', the more the better. Even though you feel as if you have understood everything, it is far from truth. As your strength increases you will comprehend other mysteries of it. Once you reach high level you can suck whole life force out of your enemies in single touch.]

"Huh. Then why do I feel as if I have comprehended everything." I was shocked with what she said. If what she said was true then in future I can simply defeat enemies with a single touch without needing to fight.

[How can you understand the mysteries of supreme grade cultivation technique so easily.]

"Oh" I think I have to spend more time on it then. What she spoke was eye opener for me. I was still beginner in cultivation, and also there was no one to guide me, so I have to rely on System fairy to give me advice. Just if she wasn't too much irritating, sigh!

'Bang''Bam'

As I was chatting with System fairy, I heard some noises coming from downstairs.

[Seems like the lady is in some troubles, go and check it.]

"Yeah, I think the same."

I decided to check what was going on, so I moved toward the counter from where noises were coming.

18