Baiting the fish-5
1.1k 1 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After a period of extended silence, all three of us were sitting inside the room. As for me, I also put my dress and there was pin drop silence Inside the room. The silence indicated that a huge storm was coming.

All this while Ma. Yao's daughter was starting at me with her hate and anger filled eyes. She was a commoner without cultivation base but I was still under tremendous pressure because of her stare. As for Ms. Yao she was avoiding the gazes of both mine and her daughter's.

"Mom, what the hell were you doing?" Ms. Yao's daughter questioned her mother breaking the suffocating silence.

"I-I......" Ms. Yao was unable to speak a word, she lowered her head filled with hate and guilt. She already suffered from guilt when she accepted my offer and now her daughter had caught her red handed. Her daughter was the one person whom she didn't want to let know about her betrayal but now she was questioned after being caught. 

"I think you already saw what your mother was doing, you are already grown up to know that, aren't you?" As Ms. Yao was unable to answer, I replied in her stead. I was at the wrong, because I manipulated a poor helpless woman to betray her family, but I still have use of Ms. Yao's daughter so I can't let her have the upper hand.

"Did I ask you scum? Just get lost of here?" Ms. Yao's daughter who was barely holding her anger was completely enraged hearing my casual answer.

The only reason why she didn't attack me was because she had doubts whether I was cultivator or not. If I was then angering a cultivator won't end well for her or her mother.

"Get lost." Hearing her I broke into laughter, to her great displeasure.

"I can get lost but can you think what will happen to your mother then,huh. You might not know, your mother's Inn might get sold and as for your mother she might get sold to brothel, she is a beautiful woman she won't lack any admirers." I tried to divert situation in my favour. Rather than talking about my mistakes, I tried to forcefully divert it as if I saved her family and her family's Inn. In that I way I cornered Ms.Yao's daughter.

"Huh,.. mom, what's going on?" Ms. Yao's daughter was shocked hearing my revaluation which were a bit exaggerated. She was already aware of her father who went as far as to sell her as a maid. She glanced towards her mother to verify my words, seeing the silence and hesitation of her mother she understood what I spoke was true.

"Then tell me, are you able to pay the debt and save your mother. If you can then I will get lost as you wish." I pressed her even more, and forced my narrative in her mind.

"B-but it didn't mean you could harass my mother." She tried to fend off my advances but her mind was muddled due to my revelations, so her counterattack wasn't much strong.

"Yeah, you are right. But why would I help your mother if I don't get anything in return. I am not some Saint who derives pleasure by helping others. Also I didn't force your mother. Before your mother willingly accepted my offer I didn't even look toward her  with bad intentions." Some of the words which I spoke was hard for even myself to believe but my words gave me visible advantage, silencing Ms. Yao's daughter. The truth was I manipulated Ms. Yao but I can't say that here, can I?

Meanwhile Ms. Yao who was the main topic of discussion between me and her daughter, was completely silent.

"Also, you are the main reason why your mother accepted my offer." I continued revealing other secrets.

"Huh....." My last words were the final hammer on the nail. Tears escaped from her eyes, unable to process what was going on. She glanced toward her mother and me repeatedly.

"Young master, please go to rest, it's already enough for today." Ms. Yao who was silent till now spoke firmly and pleaded me to leave the room but how could I leave so easily when I was so close to reach my goal.

"Ms. Yao, you should let your daughter hear the truth. Your mother was unwilling to accept my offer at first but when I offered to rescue her dear daughter she readily accepted my offer."  My words made both the mother and daughter sob, which wasn't the scene which pleased me much. It was the worst possible scenario for me, but still I can't let this affect my plan, so I can only move forward.

 Ms. Yao was an honest and caring woman, who has suffered a lot and I didn't want to hurt her more but the situation took the unexpected turn, her daughter suddenly visited her, which resulted in present situation. I can only treat her better from now on, was the thing which I thought inside my head.

"It's been late already so, I will return to rest. Ms. Yao, you don't have to feel guilty, you haven't done anything wrong. As for you young miss, visit me before leaving tomorrow, I have some works for you, if you can perform it I will guarantee your freedom." I left the room leaving the daughter and mother pair alone within the room. Both of them hugged eachother while crying, they suffered greatly because of someone else's mistakes.

[Hey, dummy you really learned how to manipulate people, so easily huh. You are quite talented in this. As expected of the beast.]

[But, I was thinking won't you be the same as the people you hated if you went further in this way huh, it will be fun to see how you will fare.] While returning, system fairy spoke with soft laughter. Her words were soft but it hit hard on the softest part of my body.

I am unsure what I will become at the end of all of this but I don't care much as I have already started my journey. I only hope I will able to face myself at the end of all of this.

'Sigh, it will be cold and lonely night.' I sighed and proceed to sleep in my bed.

Note: For the reader's who want to support my work please try visiting my YouTube channel, which I just started.

Link:https://youtu.be/KgqAlvB4ZwU

Thanks for reading till now.  I will try to improve my writing with your feedbacks. Keep reading.

18