Chapter 12 – Lovers of Another Life
228 4 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I'm sure that I never met this caramel-skinned angel with silky dark brown hair in front of me, there is no way I would forget meeting such bewitching beauty like her. But at the same time, I have a feeling that I knew her all my life. Such paradoxical thought is leaving me paralyzed as she sobs while hugging me.

 

 

After noticing that I was not reciprocating her heartfelt hug since I am completely frozen unable to process a single thought, she finally let go. When she took a closer look at me and saw the weird expression on my rigid face, she seemed to understand something and gave me a knowingly nod.

 

 

"Hello hubby, I'm so happy to finally meet you face to face. My name is Luna, I'm the current goddess of luck"

 

 

"Hi?" After taking a moment to process what she just said it is the only thing that I was able to say to her.

 

 

She smiled, took my hand, and proceeded to caress it while she spoke with a soothing voice that I felt was resonating with my soul. 

 

 

She explained to me in a very compassionate manner that I was in grave danger. She told me that her sisters were after me, wanting to turn me into a puppet for them. She informed me that they were panicking right now since the Abyss that never made a single move since the day it suddenly appeared from nothing decided to move, but soon they would move on from their alarmed state and resume coming after me, probably sending their champions to hunt me. She explained that the champions of the goddesses are mortals that they choose at birth by sending a vision to their oracles. These mortals are groomed by their respective churches, being trained and power-leveled since they are small kids. The goddesses give them a blessing that greatly increases their rate of gaining a specific stat.

 

 

When I asked her what she meant with the rate of gaining stat she explained that mortals usually attain from one to five points that are distributed in different stats per level up, a mortal with the blessing of a goddess is guaranteed to get a minimum of five points at a specific stat, depending on who is the goddess that gave the blessing, with every level up and still gaining another one to five points distributed in other stats, the stat distribution with every level up varies with the combat style used by each person, for example, a swordsman will receive more stats in STR and VIT, while an archer will receive more stats in DEX.

 

 

She went and explained to me that her sisters are abusing the fact that I have a special constitution because my physical body was created in a realm with a higher tier than this one and my body is more close to a demigod's than a mortal's one, this seems to be also the reason why my traits keep doing things against my will since the trait system was made specifically to mortals and keep conflicting with my demigod-like body.

 

 

My special constitution allows them to control every single stat point that I was supposed to get. She also said that she is using every power that can use to help me improve my LUK stat.

 

 

I'm starting to get a hold of the trouble that I find myself in, if they really send all of their champions after me there is nothing I could do since Luna told me they are all around level 300. Then Luna suggested that I should find a group of companions loyal to me and use my traits to empower them, giving us a fighting chance against the impending clash with the overpowered champions.

 

 

"Hubby you should also take this." Luna brought my right hand to her face and gave a kiss on the back of it. 

 

 

I got a weird tingling feeling that spread from my hand through all of my body. A four-leaf clover appeared in the place that she kissed on my hand and she told me that it was her mark. With it, I would be able to see all the stats that I was denied by the five goddesses and I would be able to give it to my companions, further enhancing them.

 

 

I was really surprised, it would be awesome if I could give extra stats worth of 180 levels to the twins, I'm sure that it would make them very powerful, especially if I can find other strong traits later on to give to them. 

 

 

"How do I give my stats to companions?"

 

 

"Each time that you give them some of your life energy, they will be able to absorb a few stats."

 

 

"What do you mean with life energy?" I ask, having no idea what she means by that.

 

 

"Well, your semen of course." She tells me with a straight face and I'm not able to know if she is teasing me or if she is serious.

 

 

Leaving that question for later, I had to ask why Luna was going so far to help me and why does she keep calling me her husband.

 

 

"Well, that is going to be a long story..." 

 

 

She told me that she was born at an age where there was no life habituating the mortal world yet. She and five more goddesses were tasked by one of the old gods they served, to create intelligent lives to worship and do the biddings of the old gods. After completing their task they were infuriated by how the majority of old gods started treating their creations with such cruelty, like the mortals were toys to be abused and tortured by the bored old gods.

 

 

Then she and the other five goddesses grouped together and decided to revolt against the old gods, starting a war. They knew that they were fighting a losing battle until one of the old gods who were also against the treatment of the mortals joined their cause, sacrificing his own power to them, creating the six goddesses of stats. Together, they were able to separate the mortal world from the divine dimension, causing restrictions to be applied over the beings of this dimension into the mortal one. They also created their own separate pantheon from the old gods, taking ownership of more than 50% of the divine realm at the end of the war. There, all six of them ended up falling in love with the old god who helped them.

 

 

This defeat infuriated a majority of old gods, who then assembled together and started to gather their power. They were able to complete a forgotten ritual that banished the old god that had betrayed them from this realm. This time Luna and her sisters went to war again, but on this occasion looking for revenge for their lost lover. Unfortunately, the old gods were much more prepared than the last time, even then, the six goddesses were able to put on a strong fight and after a lot of bloodsheds, only Luna was left alive from her pantheon, while the old gods also suffered great loss.

 

 

Luna, in great grief, isolated herself for a very long time. Not noticing that five new goddesses of stats were born in her pantheon, unfortunately, all of these new goddesses were born corrupted by the curses that the old gods threw at Luna's old sisters before they were killed. 

 

 

When Luna came out of her isolation she was surprised to see how her new sisters looked and how much power they were able to gain from indoctrinating the mortals for their worship. Kara, the new goddess of strength, self-proclaimed herself as the leader of the pantheon, grouped with her other four sisters, attacking Luna and imprisoned her. Kara was able to use Luna's powers to make descents with her other four sisters into the mortal world and gather even more power. Luna was sad to see the way that her new sisters were disseminating ideologies of discrimination through her followers and all the wars that they were instigating in the name of expanding their influence on the mortal world.

 

 

Not being able to see all suffering and the blood being spilled by the mortals, who she helped create with the aid of her old sisters, because of her new sisters' power-hungry actions, Luna used almost all of her powers to break free and fled her captivity. She then started to aid the creation of new pantheons by new gods and goddesses who were servants of the old gods, like she once was, and wanted to cut loose from them in an effort to weaken her evil sisters as her last stand against them since her powers were very close to disappearing.

 

 

That was when she felt when I entered this realm, immediately recognizing my soul as the same as her old lover who was banished from this realm. She used her authority as the founder of this pantheon to spy on her new sisters and discover what they wanted to do with me.

 

 

I was left completely speechless by what she told me. Was I really a god of this realm that used to have a harem with Luna and her old sisters in an old reincarnation? Looking at the sadness and anguish in Luna's eyes when she was telling me her story in contrast with the happiness and love that she showed me when I first saw her I definitely want to make her happy, but wait, isn't she almost without powers, I don't want to see she disappear.

 

 

Luna was very happy when I pointed that out to her, seeing her beautiful smile again. She told me that now that I had her mark she would be able to slowly regain her powers and if I was able to defeat all of her new sisters' champions she would be able to absorb their powers through my mark and use it to make a descent to the mortal world behind their's backs. That way she will be able to directly oppose her sisters' teachings that are plaguing this world with hate and discrimination and also gain more followers, greatly increasing her powers so that one day she will be able to take back her pantheon.

 

 

I noticed that the space around us was starting to fade and Luna's figure was also becoming a little transparent. She told me that our meeting was coming to an end. I told her that I will do my best for her and I will be eagerly waiting to see her again when she descends. Then Luna surprised me with a kiss.

 

 

"Thank you hubby, but there is one more thing that I forgot to tell you. Now that you have my mark I will be able to see you every night in your dreams. Be prepared for our next encounter." She tells me and gives me an impish wink while removing one of her dress straps from her shoulder in a seductive motion.

 

 

I find myself again in the ruins of that old church, my whole face burning up as I think about tonight. Laura and Yuu are both looking at me very confused.

 

 

"Daniel, what was that? You suddenly closed your eyes and wouldn't respond to us even when we tried pushing you." Laura asked me with a little concern.

 

 

I explained to them that I was having a meeting with the goddess of luck and explained a few things that Luna told me, choosing to leave her past and other parts out.

 

 

Laura and Yuu were a little scared when I told them that the champions of the other goddesses probably will come after me but soon they both held my hand and gave me determined looks.

 

 

"You can count on us!" Laura said while Yuu was nodding.

 

 

"I'm really blessed to have you girls by my side."

 

 

"Munyaaa!"

 

 

"Sorry, I'm also blessed to have you too Starly." I say while me and the girls laugh.

 

 

It is time we start to move again to the adventurer's guild, our plans are still the same for the most part since being an adventurer will be the fastest way for us to get more levels and become stronger.

 

 

I check my status sheet to see the changes that Luna told me about the stats that I would be able to give to my companions. I'm still not 100% sure if making the girls take my cum will really work, but we can test that later. At least they didn't say anything to me when I was explaining the part about the goddess's mark to them a moment ago, Yuu just blushed a little while Laura gave me a predatory look and licked her lips.

 

 

Name: Daniel Creed

Race: Human?

Level 188

Traits: 

Transfer - Tier SSS

Mutation - Tier SS

Static Master - Tier S

Status:

STR: 0 + 5 (-123)

VIT:0 + 5 (-121)

AGI: 0 + 5 (-160)

DEX: 0 + 5 (-189)

INT: 0 + 5 (-118)

LUK: 544 + 5 (See you Tonight ;d)

 

I am impressed of how strong I could've been if not for that five ugly 'goddesses' weren't messing with me, it looked like I averaged almost four stats per level without counting my LUK, at least I have a lot of stats to give to the twins and maybe even other girls since just us three and our slime probably won't enough to win against the overpowered champions.

 

 

We are finally in front of the guild's entrance, I gave the twins one final look and we nodded, pushing open the batwing doors together, which looked like the ones on saloons of old cowboy movies, and we stepped inside. 

 

 

3