CH. 1 – I Slipped!
54 4 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

~ POV: Narrator ~

Four boys in an internet cafe's room are seen. One playing a game, another beside him watching him play, another leaning on the wall while glued to his smartphone watching some questionable videos going by the sounds from it, and the last one… is crying on the floor.

"Stop crying!" the boy with the smartphone said. He's annoyed by all the crying. He couldn't hear his favorite part because of it. To make matters worse, he kicked the crying boy on his stomach.

The boy groaned and sobbed. Even if he continued to cry, it was not like anyone gonna help him. No one would barge into the room. The cafe they're in is infamous for having unruly people, like the three bullies. "Mind your own business," that's what the people of this criminal street where the Internet cafe is always said.

"GAHHH! I LOST! DAMMN IT!" shouts the boy that had lost his computer game. "You owe me five more bucks!" He glared at the downed boy. It's time to switch with the boy who's watching him play. "Jon, don't lose!"

Five more bucks… he said, but they had already taken the grounded boy's wallet to pay for the computer room's rentals. Not like they care, the more debt the ground lover boy had, the more pocket money they have.

The one watching, Jon, switch with the one playing. "You bet I won't lose, Don!" said Jon. Don stood and grabbed the ground hugger's wallet on the computer desk. It have more than five bucks, so he took them all, along with the wallet. The floored boy gonna have to walk back home.

Good thing the boy on the ground still had his old phone— *ring* *ring* —never mind. Don took the boy's phone from his pants pocket. "Wow, a flip phone! My grandpa had one!" said Don. He threw it on the ground and stomped on it. The stomp broke the flip phone.

The boy knew who called. It was his only best friend or his only friend for that matter. They both agree to live in the same apartment to cut costs. He's more worried about the boy's wellbeing than the boy's parents. The boy's parents won't miss him at all. "No longer cute," as his parents had put it.

Don glanced at the guy who was leaning on the wall, then glance at the door. The leaning boy knows what Don meant, he wants him to open the door. He unlocks the door and opened it a bit. He goes back leaning on the wall and focuses on the beauty on his phone.

Don kicked the living kicking bag as hard as he could. He's the strongest boy in his class, the kicked boy felt like his stomach had been hit by a truck. He was kicked thru the door and his back slammed to the wall outside their rented room. He squealed and put his hands on his stomach.

Minutes went by. His pain reduced. He can go and walk away from his bullies. He walked hunched. His left arm touched the wall to help him walk. His right arm still holding his stomach. There were two other people in the corridor. They had seen him slammed to the wall, then they talk to each other again.


~ POV: The limp boy ~

'Why! why is this keep happening? I… I just want to go home and… and they dragged me here,' I thought.

'What time is it?' I looked at the clock above the stairs. '11 PM. No wonder he called.'

I flinched. 'Ouch. My stomach.' I felt like I was gonna puke. 'I can hardly walk. He'll worry about me more if I got home looking like this….'

'Sleep in the streets again? No… I got food poisoning last time…. Walk home? that'd take three hours….'

I think about where I could stay, 'this com cafe? No… money…. Maybe on the roof?' I nod at the thought of it. 'Yeah, on the roof.'

I walk up the stairs to the roof. I hold the door handle going to the roof. 'Please not locked!' The door swung to the side following my pull. 'YES!'

I closed the door after I got on the roof. I searched for a comfy corner to sleep in. I saw a vent going out from the building. 'Heat vent?' I move my hand to the vent's opening. I felt the heat coming from it. 'Heat vent!' I felt lucky. I should've gone up here last time.

I lay down near the heat vent and watch the night sky. *grumbles* my stomach complained. 'Haven't eaten anything since noon…'

'Faster I get to sleep, the faster the days pass….' I sighed. 'I'd like to be in my favorite story where you go to another world while put in a coma….'

'Just because I watched some anime, those bullies mock me as a loser.' I was remembering the time when I met the bullies. At that time I was talking to her about the latest anime. 'She was gonna be my friend… but they… they…' A tear falls down my cheek. 'Ah… forget it…, she never comes close to me after that….'

'At least my best friend still watches anime with me….' I yawned. 'He's a singer now, right? He did say he's having an interview for an agency today.'

'Most of the apartment rent was paid by him…, I felt bad for letting him do that…. He insisted on paying because I got fired this month….' I yawned again, getting sleeper by the thoughts. 'Good night… me.'

I saw a flash of light in the dark sky followed by a sound. *THUNDER*. Drops of water began to fall from the night sky and damped my clothes.

I groaned. 'I can't even get some sleep, can I!?' I moved my groggy body and sat on the roof's ledge. I watch the city bathed from the rain. 'It feels… peaceful.' my eyes getting drowsy from the lack of sleep. Anyone can tell that from the sacks under my eyes.

*THUNDER* lightning hit the building behind me. It startled me and made my body jump. This was a bad decision made by my body as it slipped from the ledge.

I began to fall face-first to the ground. The building was five stories tall, not so tall for it to be fatal, but it would lead me to injuries and broken bones.

I feel like the time is slowing down the further I fall. I crossed my arm in front of my face, hoping that it would at least keep me away from death.

But death never came. I opened my eyes and look around me. The world had become monochrome. No other color besides grey. It's like my eyes are color blind.

That's not all there is, the street where I'm falling to were frozen in time. The suspicious cars or vans that are moving about, stopped. A guy exiting the internet cafe building also stopped mid-walk.

I am… floating ten maybe twenty centimeters above the ground. My head is the closest to it while my feet are the furthest. It feels nauseating.

In a moment, someone is in front of me. He's also head first to the ground, matching my eyesight. The first thing he said was, "Hi!"

I'm a pantser/gardener type of writer, so I don't know how the story will progress. So, readers' ideas are more likely to be put in. But I do know the ending.


4