CH. 3 – A baby’s worries
16 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the spirits or blobs of colors ordeal, I woke up and realized that I'm not inside the dark space anymore. 'I'm… somewhere.' I thought.

I look around… try to look around… I can only somewhat tilt my head sideways. I'm inside an open-top cage? The cage bars' textures look like wood, but their color is ash. I try to view what's behind the bars. I give my hardest to view the outside, even squinting my eyes yet all there are, are blurs. Like seeing through cloudy glass.

I try to move my limbs. They are… hard to move. I can't even lift them or sit upright. I glanced at what looked like my arm. I guess it's my arm…. when I try to move my arm it moved… somewhat. I can't see the tip of my arm, it all starts to blur below my elbow.

From all this blurriness and greyness, I guessed that my vision is limited. My movements are also the same, hindered. 'It's better than the dark place, I guess.'

From all the movements I made, I could feel that there was something soft underneath me. It's much more comfortable than the feeling of floating in that dark place.

I took a lot of guesses as I don't know why, what, where, and how this happened to me. Why am I here? What's the dark place? Why are my vision and movement limited? And why do I feel like I'm on something soft?

Then I noticed a blurry figure looking down at me. "Alfh dw few, Ey aoae."

I was confused at the words the giant figure over me is speaking. It must be a foreign language. I can't tell which, as I only had learned two languages, English, and the language my best friend speaks, Japanese. Although I said I learn Japanese, it is on a conversation level. I can't read hiragana, or even more so of kanji. I can somewhat read katakana. He said to learn it first. After I learned it, I never got to learn the other two….

The giant figure reached out to me and bring me up to… His? Her? 'Their' (Non-binary pronoun) Chest. My eyes can't figure out if 'they're' a man or a woman. What I can see looking up from 'their' chest is 'their' chin and somewhat 'their' face. The feeling I have from 'them' holding me is a sense of security, similar to when I fell asleep after coming out of that dark place.

"Hfjm go els, ey aoae?" The figure's chin moved as 'they' said the word.

The figure brought me near a blinding source of light. The light reduced as my eyes adjusted. The light is coming from a rectangular hole. It must be a window.

"Oh! Doaz ey aoae kfks go doa dkksiad?"

The figure moved closer to the window, so close that my head almost touched it. I saw the outside. It was all grey or white, and blurry. I can see the division between grey and white.

'If this is a dream…, then it's a weird one.'

I got bored watching the outside fast. I took notice of the reflection on the window. The reflection looks like a baby that's being cradled by two arms. 'Is that… me?' I move my head a tad and the baby's head also move. My eyes open wide.

"AH EY AH!? AHHHHH!?" (I'M A BABY!? HOWWHATWHYWHEN!?)

The figure heard my ramblings. "Yo ey aoae laxkrj?"

"AH! AH! AHHH! EH UA AH—" (NO! NO! NOO! NOT A BA—) My voice was interrupted by something that had been shoved into my mouth. 'What? What is this thing?' I tried to touch the thing, but it was too big for me to hold.

"Wka foe'na soa fiecisj je?"

I saw a huge hand moving to the thing and pressing down on it. A warm liquid came into my mouth. 'Do I drink it? Is it safe? I'm a baby… and the figure is most likely a human… she should be my mother… that means….' I gulped at the thought and accidentally gulped the liquid. 'It's MILK!?'

I start to suck the thing as I could feel I was hungry. 'Wait…, if I'm a baby… then did I travel back in time? Could be. Can't say for sure. If I'm back in time, then I can fix all my regrets!' That made me in high spirit, although it was only a possibility. A possibility that I want it to be true. 'If it's true… then I could be a better best friend for him….'

I think of another possibility, reincarnation. I had watched anime that reincarnated someone into a baby…. If I'm not back in time, the second-best would be reincarnation. If this is the case, then I will follow his words to thank him.'

My sucking got slower and my eyes got heavier. I suppose I had used my mind too much and my infant mind can't handle it all. I went to sleep for the second time after I got out of that dark place.

The unknown language is just me randomly pushing letters on the keyboard. When the MC learns the language, it'll change into English.

A newborn baby's vision, you know how it is. Gray scaled and blurry.

4