CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR: GOBLIN BBQ AND GAB’S FIRST DUNGEON
502 0 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“ARGHH!!!” The [Goblin Chief] roared out in challenge.

 

The [Goblin Chief] watched as Gabriel made his way over by himself. With a roar of challenge, the [Goblin Chief] started to charge at Gabriel. He pulled out a large curved club. It looked like a tusk from a mammoth. Leaving deep footfalls in his wake as he charged. The very ground felt like it was suffering from an earthquake.

 

Gabriel picked up his pace to a jog, slowly building up momentum as well. He threw an [INSPECT] at his opponent.

 

[Goblin Chief – LVL 20 (Elite) - HP 10,000/10,000].

 

The recruits watched from the side as their squad leader charged, to what looked like a moving mountain of meat. Most of them had a look of anxiousness on their faces. They felt like if [Osiris] died they would soon follow. Even though it was a small amount of time he led them. Most of them already started to depend on him, especially after the way he commanded the previous battle so smoothly.

 

[Draka] was the most nervous of the lot.

 

“Why are we standing here!? That is an Elite Goblin Chief. He can’t take on something like that by himself, he will be crushed with a swing of that club. This is pure arrogance!! We need to help him!?” [Draka] asked with a face full of worry.

 

[Draka] was preparing to run to Gabriel’s side when he felt a big hand clamp down on his shoulder. He looked up to see it was [Rolo] who had a face filled with excitement, not taking his eyes off the upcoming battle for a second.

 

“Don’t move little Dark-Elf. Our commander is stronger than you think. He is a true warrior. He is charging by himself for two reasons. One – He will lessen the chance of casualties if he fights by himself or can you say if we all attacked to together that not one of us will be hurt?” [Rolo] replied with a question of his own to [Draka].

 

[Rolo] didn’t give any a chance for [Draka] to answer because the answer was obvious and everyone knew it. They would just be a liability to the squad captain.

 

“The second reason he fights by himself. Is because he is a true warrior. I noticed when he was fighting the little Goblins, his movements seemed to lack enthusiasm, he appeared bored. However, the moment [Osiris] saw the Goblin Chief. His eyes literally lit up. Real Warriors hate fighting the weak, they will never feel satisfied unless they are fighting the strong. A real fight that can make their blood boil is what they seek. HAHA!! He would have made a great Chief if he grew up in my clan” [Rolo] explained with pride.

 

The recruits nodded as one or two noticed the same thing about their Squad Leader. [Grendel] hadn’t said a word to the others and she didn’t pay attention to what [Rolo] was talking about. Her eyes were glued to Gabriel. She started panting, while she sucked on her bottom lip, even her cheeks were taking on a light red. Which on any other girl would look cute or seductive but in [Grendel] was just plain terrifying.

 

Gabriel had only his Gladius sword equipped, as his Great-shield would be like wet tissue paper if that huge club landed on it. Gabriel and the [Goblin Chief] were only a couple of meters away from each other when the Mammoth club flew at Gabriel’s head, it came with so much force the very air from the swing inflicted damage on Gabriel.

 

{-15}

 

Gabriel threw himself into a slide heading right between the legs and aimed a slash at the only thin part of the Fat [Goblin Chief]’s body, which was the soft tissue at the back of the knee.

 

[-42]

 

The damage was pitiful in contrast to the [Goblin Chief]’s 10,000 HP. Gabriel made it safely to the back of the Chief but had to throw himself into a roll as soon as he came out of his slide. The end of the club missed by only a hair and slammed into the ground, leaving a sizeable divot. Gabriel used the second while the club was making contact with the ground to use it as springboard. He reached the [Goblin Chief]’s head and shoved his Gladius deep within his open drool-covered mouth.

 

[Critical Hit! -500]

 

Gabriel braced his legs and used the [Goblin Chief]’s chest to kick himself away and using the extra force from the kick he ripped his sword out of meaty head.

 

[Critical Hit! -500]

 

The [Goblin Chief] let out a wet gurgling roar and swung his club wildly at Gabriel forcing him to roll around and avoid the swings to the best of his current abilities. The constant impacts of the club meeting earth, led the ground looking like it had suffered from a mortar bombardment.

 

The recruits watched as their Captain, dodged left and right while inflicting small slices at every chance he got. The club only inches away from turning their Captain to meat paste. It felt to them that the [Goblin Chief] and Gabriel had choreographed this fight to perfection. It was such an exhilarating fight for them, they started shouting out.

 

“Go Captain! Trim the fat fu*k down” One of the recruits shouted.

 

“Show these monsters whose top dogs around here!” Another said while jumping up and down with nervous energy.

 

Gabriel couldn’t hear the cheers of his recruits as he tuned out all excess noise long ago. His heart was beating excitement so loudly, it felt to Gabriel that it was starting to overpower the sound of the club slamming into the ground. The fight continued for the next 15 minutes with Gabriel ducking and weaving the club while inflicting slight cuts all over the fat [Goblin Chief]’s body. It actually looked like he was trying to trim the Goblin down.

 

Once the [Goblin Chief] HP was at 2000/10,000. His skin started to let out streams of smoke as his arms bulged up. He stopped swinging his club. With a wild look in his eye, he let out a low bestial growl. Looking ever so sinister with his cut up and bleeding mouth.

 

Gabriel took a couple of quick steps back as he knew the [Goblin Chief] was about to go berserk, increasing his speed and damage. Gabriel had his back to one of the partially burnt huts that had half of its roof caved in.

 

Gabriel had to time this perfectly as he used [Summon Javelin] and waited. The [Goblin Chief] let out another roar as it used [Charge] which increased it's base speed while charging in a straight line. In the berserk state the [Goblin Chief]’s speed was doubled. In two blinks he was half way towards Gabriel.

 

Gabriel chucked his javelin in that milli-second that struck right into a cut already on the top of the [Goblin Chief]’s foot, piercing right through the bone. Disrupting the [Goblin Chief] charge made him stumble as the momentum carried him past Gabriel and crashing into half-burnt hut. It did not do much damage to the thick-skinned Goblin but that was not what Gabriel was going for.

 

Gabriel looked down at the [Goblin Chief] that was covered in broken bits of woods and thatch. He muttered [Heat of Desert], making the flames cover his Gladius’s blade. Gabriel put the blade’s tip into the pile of kindling and coal which went up in flames quickly as it was already dried.

 

“AHHHHHH!!! Filthy pink skins!!! You just wait!!! AHHHH! You will get what is coming to you!!!” The [Goblin Chief] wailed.

 

As the [Goblin Chief] cooked in the flames, he let out threats in the pauses between screams. Gabriel just stood a couple of meters away staring at him writhing in the flames, completely unaffected by the burnt flesh smell permeating the air.

 

The recruits had stopped cheering out when they saw the [Goblin Chief] go berserk and when Gabriel stood tall directly facing down the [Goblin Chief]’s [Charge], it felt like their heart was jumping out of their chests.

 

As the recruits looked upon Gabriel's broad back, Gabriel appeared to tower over everything with his presence alone. His glowing purple eyes looking down at the roasted Goblin and his red cape billowing in the light breeze. Looking the very picture of a victorious warrior. [Rolo] was the first one to snap out of staring at the eye-catching Captain.

 

“Come on boys! It should be safe now. Let’s go to the captain and report what loot we found off the other Goblins” [Rolo] shouted to the other recruits.

 

As they made their way over, Gabriel finally got a notification he was waiting for.

 

[Slayed - [Goblin Chief –LVL 20] (Elite) - EXP 20,000 x2 for defeating enemy 5 levels above your own]

 

[Congratulations! You have Leveled up! LVL 8 - 37,215/32,000]

[Congratulations! You have Leveled up! LVL 9 – 5,215/64,000]

 

Gabriel had finally leveled up again. He put one (AP) in strength and one in Endurance bringing them to base 8 and 9 respectively.

 

The recruits made it to Gabriel’s side and looked upon the [Goblin Chief] BBQ with awe. The monster looked a lot bigger close up. Gabriel looked at the recruits and smiled.

 

“Anyone feeling hungry?” Gabriel joked.

 

All the recruits paled at thought of eating this disgusting so called BBQ.

 

“Ha! Alright we are not finished just yet. Scour the buildings for any loot and [Rolo] check what that fat pri*k has on him. Everyone meets up at the tent near the cliff wall when finished. Keep your heads on a swivel and watch out for traps.” Gabriel commanded after a small chuckle.

 

“Sir, yes Chief!" [Rolo] replied.

 

The squad members all spread out in pairs and got to looting. It took only a couple of minutes to look through the huts before they all gathered again. The squad members all handed over the loot to Gabriel. It totalled a nice little sum of things.

 

[You have received:]

  • 5x Gold
  • 140x Silver
  • 4x Rusted Iron short swords (Trash)
  • 4x Iron short swords (Common)
  • 8x Iron one-handed axes (Common)
  • 3x Iron breastplate (Common)
  • 5x Iron conical helmet (Common)
  • 2x Rusted leather bucklers (Common)
  • 1ox Basic wooden torches
  • 5x Minor healing potion
  • 1x Mammoth Tooth club (Rare)
  • 1x Skill book (Berserk) (Uncommon)
  • 1x Iron Gate Key

 

Gabriel decided to keep the loot until they got back to the Legionnaire base and sell them off to the army before splitting the profits with the squad. He then handed an Iron axe to [Rolo] so he could perform his skills and also gave him the [Berserk] skill book too. In Deliverance Online NPC’s can learn new skills and grow just like players. The [Berserk] skill book suited [Rolo] fighting style better.

 

After deciding what to do with the loot, Gabriel made his way into the hut attached to the cliff. As he had guessed there was an opening in the cliff wall that had an Iron gate blocking the entrance. Gabriel used the key that they got off the [Goblin Chief] and unlocked the gate.

 

Once Gabriel took a step into the entrance, he received a notification that made him smile.

 

[Congratulations! You have found a dungeon! [Goblin Tunnels –Difficulty (Hard)] (Instant) (Recommended party members - 5]

 

[For being the first player to find the dungeon [Goblin Tunnels] you and up to 15 party members will receive - x2 EXP and increased loot drops for first 24 hours]

 

“Bloody Brilliant!” Gabriel declared.

 

Gabriel was all smiles. This was just the thing he needed to get some Level ups before the players started swarming the cities from the Novice Village.

 

“Alright guys. Due to the tight nature of the tunnels. I will only be taking 4 with me. The rest of you set up a perimeter and keep a lookout. We should be back in a couple of hours.” Gabriel commanded.

 

“Sir, yes Sir!" The recruits all replied together.

 

Gabriel took [Rolo], [Grendel], [Draka] and a blonde-haired human male named [Richard]. Gabriel had noticed that he seemed to have a natural talent with the sword from his previous actions in the battle with the Goblin Mob.

 

The 5 man party all took out torches that they looted and made their way down the tunnel with Gabriel in the lead.

18