Chapter 54 – Believer
55 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hours and hours of concentrating the Qi that Sung Kang was unconsciously supplying, the cocoon filled with Sung Kang’s Qi that encased Old Liu broke, leaving only a lifeless and gray, titanic body of Old Liu’s on the cold ground. Then like a caterpillar breaking its cocoon to spread its wings and become a butterfly, A new Old Liu broke through from his mortal shell. Fiery eyes, glistening claws, scaly skin, huge fangs, arose a reborn Old Liu, and that Old Liu was actually a-

{What the fuck??? That big-ass statue was a woman!??!?}

{HOLY SHIT!!!}

{Do you get like a sex change in the cocoon?? Or does this happen exclusively in metamorphosis??}

{Will the boy become a woman when he’s finished??}

{Shit. I hope not.}

{Yeah, the boy wouldn’t be pleased either.}

{Let’s just not talk about this.}

{Way ahead of you.}

{But holy fuck, that titan-looking ass was a woman?}

{Can you believe this shit 4th book?}

{………}

{HEY!! 4th book!!!}

{Peh! Don’t mind 4th book, you see that.}

{Wait, what do you- oh.}

{Oh, is right, he’s doing that thing again where he can’t process information huh?}

{Yeah, he’s been like that since that boy was changing forms left and right.}

{I feel sorry for the 4th book, but now’s not the time ok.}

{We must focus on the matter at hand.}

With tense eyes, the books examined Old Liu's cold and dead body. They'd be fucked beyond belief if the big mammoth of an elder guardian died now. So, the floating books hoped that this was just part of the transformation. But then a massive surge of Qi occurred within Old Liu's body, followed by a massive explosion on the giant head of Old Liu's colossal body. What came out stunned the living shit out of the floating books.

A naked, muscularly tall, curvy, and big-breasted 20-foot-tall woman with orange salamander-like eyes, a foxlike grin, and white claws broke through the old shell that was her old body, the mucus-like membrane and nose-destroying stench still stuck to her body. Old Liu turned around; her gaze fixed on the direction of the floating books as if she could see them.

 

"I can't believe I broke through after more than 50,000 years; I just can't seem to break through that wall." It was impossible for me."

 

"However, despite not even having a cultivation level, your master did."

 

"Thank you; I will repay this debt with my life."

 

Old Liu was filled with admiration and awe for Sung Kang as she considered how his Qi broke through her wall with such ease. She thanked the floating books that were hovering on the ceiling.

{Sh-she can see us!?!?}

{SHhhh wait, wait, I think she can’t...}

{WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN? Look-}

{She is looking right at us!!!!}

{It might be a coincidence? Right? Right.}

{No. You’re both wrong.}

{Huh?}

{Eh? Why?}

{She can see us and hear us.}

{Fuck.}

{Shiet.}

{But I don’t think that’s a bad thing.}

{Hey, woman. You can hear us, right?}

“Yes, I can.”

{HOLY FUCKKKKK!!!!}

{SHE REALLY COULD HEAR US!!!!}

{Is this an effect of the metamorphosis?}

“Eh? Did I achieve metamorphosis? I thought this was just transcendence?”

{Nope. Transcendent martial artist Qi is not pure like yours. Those fakes you call transcendent nowadays, are full of absolute shit. They think that borrowed power would make them the strongest. Bullshit.}

“Borrowed power? What do you mean-

{Hey!!Hey!! 2nd book!! We have to go now!!}

{Why? Did something happen?}

{Yes!! Something happened why would I tell you if nothing happened you fucking nut!!}

{For fuck’s sake, fine.}

{Oi, find something to cover yourself then follow us.}

{I think it’s better that way.}

“Alright.”

{What’s your name?}

“It’s Old Liu, why?”

{Your real name.}

“.. It’s Liu Sun.”

{Hmmm… you come from that family huh… interesting.}

“Did you say something?”

{No, nothing. Let’s go.}

Old Liu took some overgrown vines that grew in the caverns created by Sung Kang's life Qi, covered her vulnerable parts, and then pursued the floating books. They were met with a massive black crystal monolith that looked like many arms were wrapped around it after exiting the path where Old Liu's old body was. Sung Kang was standing straight inside. The greenery around the monolith was overgrown. Fruits, vegetables, and various plants were observed. Sung Kang's original world Earth's produce began to grow as well. Sung Kang appears to have completed 400 metamorphoses since the time Old Liu completed her first and final metamorphosis. Everything about Sung Kang had changed; his body structure, face, hair, and hands were all different from his original form. When they got close to the monolith, it grew much larger. It had grown to a massive 75-foot height and continued to grow after that. Looking at this spectacular scene, Old Liu couldn't describe what she was seeing; what she is witnessing right now is what only Gods could accomplish, but someone is doing it right now, and that someone is a human above all. Humans, the inferior species in Murim, were just food for the beasts that lived in Ming's forest, old Liu reasoned. She looked around at all the ripe fruits and vegetables hanging around the overgrown vines and branches near Sung Kang, and the sight and smell of the fresh produce made her stomach rumble violently. She wondered when she had last eaten a proper meal as she got closer to the fruit she was eyeing, a red shiny apple. Apparently, there were no apples in Murim; everything that grew there was only to fill your stomach, and because there was war almost every day, no one complained about the bland taste; as long as it filled your stomach, it was fine. That was the Murim she was familiar with. So, this apple was very alien to her. She took the apple from the branch it was hanging on, nervously looked at the shining red color it emitted, and gulped down her saliva; she was very nervous because this was a fruit that she had never seen before in Murim, she reasoned. She wasn't sure if it was poison, a flavorless herb, or a bitter medicinal elixir. But the smell of this apple was too strong for her to resist, so she bit into it.  As she chewed the apple, tears streamed down her cheeks. The apple tasted so good that she reminisced about her childhood, even remembering things from her childhood that she had forgotten long ago; every little detail was recalled from her forgotten memories. She didn't remember the bad memories at all; it only showed her most treasured moments from her birth, childhood, adolescence, and adulthood, which made her kneel and cry. She had not expected fruit to taste so good, which surprised her and increased her admiration for Sung Kang even further. She ate the apple whole, even the core was not wasted. She ate it all in respect for the creator Sung Kang. Her curiosity about the fresh produce grown around Sung Kang grew bigger. She wanted to try everything Sung Kang grew, to taste the various flavors that were present in front of her. She was still nervous, but her resolve was strong enough to overcome her nervousness. The shining orange that was growing on the floor of the monolith Sung Kang was encased in was her next target of interest. She, then took one and was about to bite into it when the second book, who had seen all of her reactions thus far, as well as the other books, who had no idea that the things that grew near Sung Kang were edible and looked at her with curiosity, stopped her.

{Ok, this is getting really hard to look at.}

“Huh? Why? Is something wrong? Sniff*”

{First, wipe that snot. You look like a child, less than an elder guardian of your tribe.}

“Ok, done.”

{First of all, that fruit you are holding is an orange.}

“Orenj? What is that?”

{Just think of it as the fruit that the boy grew. Without the boy, it would not ever in hell grow, much more in this part of Ming’s Forest so just think of that as a gift from him to pay the sincerity of your tribe to him.}

“Ok. I will not forget this favor, once he wakes up I will repay him a thousandfold- no, I will repay him with my life.”

{Hmm. Then that’s good, a companion for the boy would be nice.}

“Ah, yes. It would be an honor to become his companion.”

{That’s nice- wait why are you blushing?}

“Huh? Uh…- no-no, I’m not, It’s just the red thing I ate before was so good. D-Do you know what it is?”

{Hmmm... sure, it was an apple.}

“Appol. I will not forget the fruit that has given me comfort.”

{It’s apple, but sure.}

{Also, you’re eating the orange wrong.}

{You’re supposed to peel the skin, then eat it. Looking at you just munching away makes me cringe.}

“Oh, so did I have to peel the skin of the appol as well before I ate it?”

{No. It’s just that some fruits here need the skin to be peeled that’s all.}

“Ah, I see.”

{And for the 2nd time, it’s called apple.}

{2nd book is being a perfectionist.}

{Shut up. 2nd book will hear you.}

{I can hear you, Record.}

{Hap. Sorry 2nd book-nim.}

“A. A-app- Apple?”

“Am I saying it right?”

{Yes. Apple, good.}

“Can I eat the orange now?”

{Who’s stopping you?}

{Go for it.}

Old Liu carefully peeled the orange before biting into it; juices flowed out of the orange. Old Liu's shining eyes were captivated by the various tastes of this fruit; it felt like her mouth was exploding with flavor, sour and sweet combined like Qi blasts, she described. She then took more fruits that were growing near Sung Kang. Watermelon, strawberries, kiwis, pineapple, durian, mangosteen, mango, jackfruit, star apples, and many other fruits and vegetables She went completely insane on her food trip, tasting so many fruits that were just growing around the monolith, and the crazy part was that it was only 1% of what was growing in the now lively deepest parts of the caverns that were now populated by a wide variety of fruits, vegetables, and other products found only on Sung Kang's world Everything that grew naturally on Earth was growing in the caverns. Plants and flowers from the earth grew in the caverns as well. Old Liu's 50,000-year-old hunger was satisfied after about 5 hours of eating so many fruits. She has never had food this flavorful and extravagant in her life, and her fascination with Sung Kang grows even more. This has now convinced her that she must wait for his awakening and witness the birth of a being who surpasses even the gods; the Ming's Forest will witness change and power never seen before. Looking at her reflection in the monolith made Old Liu gasp in surprise. She resembled a bloodthirsty beast who had slaughtered entire prey bloodlines. Her hair was a tangle, different scents and juices, and even fruit colors were all over her body; it was a nightmare. She didn't want to show her new master Sung Kang this horrifying sight of herself, so she cleaned everything up and took a bath in the cavern's underground waterfalls. Cleaning every bit of dirt and odors from her body as thoroughly as she could, such that the water she bathed in turned from a clear blue to a darker grey, and when combined with the stench from the metamorphosis cocoon, it smelt horrifying, even enough to kill someone if not careful. She used her Qi to extract thread from the overgrown vines of various colors in the caverns after her long 10-hour continuous bath. Old Liu boasted about how she was a designer and master craftsman in her prime and still is to the floating books, but she was coldly dismissed, proving her statement was cocky as hell. Old Liu created a white robe that resembled a similar style from the Qing Dynasty, a Manchu tradition style robe that was heavily thick and extremely long, and an oversized and exaggeratedly long red tunic that was worn over the robe, all fitted with a thick white belt made from vine threads. She made herself beautiful, fixed and tied her hair neatly, and knelt in front of Sung Kang's monolith, waiting for her new master. She was now prepared to meet Sung Kang.

1