Chapter 34 More Presents
2.1k 7 98
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was walking towards the main Hephaestus Familia shop when I saw John being carried by two others. Vomit was trailing down his face and shirt and he was looking around woozily. He didn’t seem injured though, apart from a few scrapes and bruises.

“Hey Jamacia whats wrong?” I asked.

“Hmm? Oh heeeey Kova,” He said, obviously knocked silly.

“He got swarmed by some Purple Moths, we got an antidote into him, but it wasn’t enough to fully clear it out,” one of the guys carrying him said.

Purple Moths usually just followed other monsters and provided support, so it must have been an irregular.

I muddled through my coat and pulled out two vials.

“Here, have him drink these, one will have some immediate effects, its a stimulant and will help him get back on his feet. and the other will help clear out the rest from his system.”

John tried to smack the vials out of my hand.

“No! I need it, what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger, huahuahuahua!”

Wtf was that one piece laugh. I gave the vials to one of the others and continued on my way.

“Ascent Paradise! I need Ascent Paradise Kova!” John yelled out loudly.

I smirked thinking about how embarrassed he was going to be once he got ahold of himself.

I made my way into the shop waving to the Familia member at the counter. Luckily because I was so young I wasn’t allowed to man the counter. Though there had been some mention of having me start to help supply more weapons for the effort against the Evilus, and maybe even patrolling.

It was a weird world where I was allowed to go into an Ancient Dungeon to patrol a war torn city and be expected to make weapons for the fight as a seven year old, but they were reluctant to let me man the counter by myself.

I knocked then opened the door to Hephaestus’ office where she and Tsubaki were working on paperwork.

“Kova? Did you need something?” Hephaestus asked.

Looking at her as the light of the sun illuminated behind I wondered how she could ever view herself as ugly. Sure I hadn’t seen whatever was wrong with her eye yet, and I doubt it was something as ridiculous as a simple imperfection, but she had the kind of beauty that made you relax just by looking at her.

“What? Is there something on my face?” she asked, wiping her mouth with a napkin.

“No, I was thinking that any kids we have will look amazing.”

Her hand slipped and she poked herself in the eye.

“Ah!” she squealed.

“Careful My Lady, you might end up with two eye patches,” Tsubaki laughed.

Hephaestus lowered her hand, her face as red as her hair.

“Kova Deities can’t have kids,” she mumbled.

“Neither can Elves with Dwarves,” I agreed.

I was unsure whether I could have kids at all. Normal half-elves or half-dwarfs couldn’t have kids with their full blooded races, but could still have kids with humans. They couldn’t even have kids with other half-breeds unless it was the same secondary race. Same with every other race, except Amazons, I was still pretty sure that I could have kids with them.

With what Teshgar was able to do however there was a chance I could make a way to have kids regardless of the other race, maybe even with Deities. Though of course I wasn’t even sure I wanted to be a dad at all.

“Think about it my Goddess with your crimson red eye and my jet black hair our kids would lure in dozens of suitors. Meaning I’d have to beat them into the ground.”

“Kova please,” she said, still blushing.

“What do you think we should name them? I was thinking for a boy Melio, and for a girl Weiss. I could come home one day opening my arms out wide after a hard day at work and they jump into me. Then you come from around the corner holding food that you got for us while wearing your smithing apron.”

“Then she’d say. Would you like food? Or a bath? Or maybe… me?” Tsubaki joined in ending her sentence by slipping off a part of her top to show her tanned shoulder.

“Hephy! Not in front of the kids!”

“I’m sorry you’re just in the Dungeon all the time, I wanted to spend some time with you,” Tsubaki continued, pretending to be the Goddess.

“You’re right, lets take a vacation. What about the Sword Smithing City Zolingham? Or perhaps the Far East?”

“Don’t forget the rest of the harem Kova, you know how Tsubaki and Rose can be.”

“You know about Rose?” I asked, surprised.

Tsubaki winked.

We both laughed while Hephaestus rubbed her face with her hands.

I was starting to suspect that Tsubaki had a little brother complex of some sort. She had been too quick to jump on board with my Harem plan. A pervert after my own heart.

“What did you need Kova?”

I pulled out my goodie bag from behind me.

“Presents!”

“Presents? Why?”

“Because of the Winter Spirit, and because I wanted to. First Tsubaki.”

From my goodie bag I pulled out a case and opened it up. It was filled with a row of different ingots.

“Metal ingots?” She asked flatly.

“Yeah, but not just regular ingots, you remember when I first made that sword with my Stellar Sheen?”

“Yeah.”

“Well I figured what if I used it when making ingots? Well what happened was a very pure and powerful metal, more so then they typically are. Can’t do Adamantite yet though.”

Tsubaki took out one of the enhanced Mythril ingots, studying it. A bit of drool began to drop from her lips. She stood up suddenly.

“Gotta go!”

“Wait, we still have paperwork to do!” Hephaestus yelled.

“Get Kova to fill in for me!” She said taking the box from my hands. “Thanks Kova.”

She gave me a kiss on the cheek then bolted from the room, cracking the wooden door on her way out.

This time it was Hephaestus’ turn to stare at me flatly.

“You will be helping, its your fault she skipped out.”

“I don’t know how to read.”

“Lies.”

“Aaaaaaaanyways, it’s time for your gift.”

I pulled the final item from my bag and walked up to her. She leaned back for a moment, and I knew why it was the same shape as an engagement ring box, though a bit bigger. She was blushing again and wouldn’t meet my eyes.

I opened up the box to show a minifigure of a goblin made completely out of metal.

“Kova you’re way too young for this- Huh?”

I pulled out the goblin and placed it on her desk.

“Ok Goddess can you twist the goblins left arm downward like this,” I said miming the motion.

She picked up the figure and did so. As she did the entire figure seemed to blossom in different gears and plates, and once it was done it was then in the fire of a Kobold.

“Ok now pull its tail upwards.”
She did so and once again it changed into a Dungeon Lizard.

“There are twenty-three variations of Monsters in it, as well as a super secret twenty fourth that you'll have to find out on your own. I recommend being gentle with it though because if the metal gets warped then it will be difficult for it to change shape.”

A childish smile spread across her face.

“It’s beautiful. It must have been difficult to get so many small gears in place. How’d you come up with this?”

I couldn't say I played with transformer toys when I was a kid, so I just shrugged. She pulled me in, wrapping me in a one armed hug.

“Thank you, I love it.”

“Sorry it wasn’t the engagement ring you wanted, I’ll make sure to keep that in mind for the next time.”

As she looked for the next part that would transform she heard my words and froze.

“Kova, I have some paper work I need you to do,” She said with a pout.

“Yo no hablo Koine.”

-A/N-
Sorry for the slow updates I've been lacking motivation.
if you ever need a comeback for someone talking shit to you, you could say. "I bet your parents change the subject when others talk about you."

98