Chapter 36 Syr
2.4k 7 89
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kova Nact

Level One

Strength D-559 -> C-611

Endurance D-561 ->  C-630

Dexterity D-543-> D-599

Agility D-524-> D-598

Magic D-578 -> C-602

Magic-

-[Stellar Sheen

-Enchantment

-Light Element

-Chant - Brightest Night

   Golems Body

-Enchantment

-Earth Element

-Chant - Never Broken ]

-[   ]

-[   ]

Skills-

-Blessed Blood

-Potency of Elven and Dwarven Bloodlines have been enhanced

-Will gain the full benefits from both heritages

A hard smack knocks my head into the back of the chair I was sitting on backwards.

“Ow!”

“What is wrong with you?!” Hephaestus reprimands harshly.

We had been talking amicably before, but once she had begun updating my Status she had gone deathly silent. Her finger pressing hard into my back like she wished it was a knife isntead. It was only after she handed me my updated Status that she spoke again.

“I was testing a theory, and look, it worked! These gains are more like what I had when I first started.”

In a little more than a week my stats had each jumped up by more than fifty, except Magic because the weights and poison did nothing to affect that.

“Its foolish, reckless.”

“The Dungeon is already a place for reckless fools.”

“So you decide to be the biggest one going down there?”

“I decided to be the one that gets the most for my time. Now when facing a monster there are five more steps and precautions I need to take, all that translates to the results on this page.”

Hephaestus rubs the crease between her brow and sighs. Locking her gaze onto me, her gaze flattens.

“I need fifty spear heads done in the next week. You obviously have been given too much freedom and need some responsibility so from now on you will be helping with the making of gear for the fight against the Evilus.”

I wanted to do the childish thing, taking advantage of my age, and to whine and complain to get my way, but I knew that I’d much rather not have my Goddess be disappointed in me. She really had been good to me, letting me explore on my own and giving me encouragement wherever she could.

“Alright,” I say, not looking away.

Seeing my acceptance, her gaze softens a bit of pride in her eye.

“Go on then.”

“Fucking shit, this is so boring,” I complain to my hammer as I strike it down onto the metal.

I felt exhausted, the monotonous work was wearing me down, even when I took time to go into the Dungeon I still felt as sluggish as when I downed a vial of poison. I halted all my other projects to deal with the spear heads, only giving time to make batches of Ascent Paradise and fight monsters.

A loud knock comes from behind me, pulling me from my grumbling. I realized I had been tuning it out for a few minutes now.

“Shit.”

I set aside my tools and go to the door. Instead of John or someone else I knew instead it was a grey haired girl that looked to be around my own age, maybe a year older. She wore some workers' clothing and a crate was on the ground next to her. Something about her seemed oddly familiar.

“Uh, hello?” I said.

She stared at me with wide eyes for several moments before she coughed and smiled.

“Sorry, I just wasn’t expecting someone so young, and shirtless.”

I looked down realizing that I had forgotten to get dressed before answering the door.

“Oh, my bad,” I said, grabbing my shirt that I had left on the ground nearby. “So what can I do for you?”

I was cycling through my memories thinking of when I met her.

“I’m here to pick up the spear heads for The Guild.”

“Oh you work for the Guild?” There then?

“No, I’m just volunteering. Trying to help out as much as I can,” She said, sticking her chest out with pride.

“Well I only have two more to finish up, I can drop them off myself afterwards.”

“Ooh can I watch then? It’s not often you get to see a smith from the Hephaestus Familia do their thing, especially one so young and cute,” she said bending over slightly and smiling at me.

She was giving off major, girl next door vibes. Her words genuine, but still having a slight teasing to them.

“Sure, just don't get too close to the forge please.”

Normally I’d be as reluctant as any other smith to not show my technique, Tsubaki and Hephy being exceptions of course, but these were simple spear heads. Nobody was going to be finding out the 42 is the answer to the universe from them.

I reheated the spearpoint and started hammering away. A few minutes later I heard the girl talk again and I jumped forgetting that she was there.

“This smell… it seems familiar,” she said hovering over my alchemy cauldron. “You’re a potion maker too? I don’t think I’ve heard of such a prodigy at such a young age.”

Oh fuck oh fuck, I had a batch of Ascent Paradise brewing right then. Wait did she say she recognized the smell?! Still I felt like I recognized her a bit too much, like she was burned in my memory.

“It’s uh…”

“That’s it! Strawberries!” She nodded her head with a triumphant expression.

“Totally, yeah. It’s actually perfume that I was thinking of selling,” I said, jumping on board with her.

“Can I have some?”

“It’s not done yet… I can’t get the smell to last for a sufficient amount of time,” I said, making up some random excuse so the girl didn’t start spraying a sex drug on herself. That would just be weird.

“Aww, well maybe I can buy some from you later.”

“For sure, by the way I didn’t catch your name.”

“It’s Syr Flover.”

I suddenly remembered her, from the first chapter of Danmachi she had given the MC some breakfast or something. She worked in a restaurant or something of the sort.

“I’m Kova Nact.”

I finish with my last spear heads and we both start putting the fifty weapon pieces in the crate she had brought.

She tried lifting the box but was only able to get it an inch of the ground before dropping it again. She looked towards me with an embarrassed blush on her face.

“Soooo Kova, did you know its often the role of the man to help out by carrying the heavy stuff?” She said as though I was being rude.

“Oi. In a land of Gods and Monsters gender roles mean nothing,” I say tired and ready to sleep.

She turns puppy dog eyes on me and her bottom lip starts trembling. I shut the door in her face.

“Ah!” She states.

For a moment so brief I thought I imagined it as guilt. I felt a cold sensation of danger surrounding me. I blinked rapidly, then hearing the sniffling I opened up the door again.

She once again looks at me pleadingly, and I notice that despite her sniffing her eyes are not red at all.

“Yeah fine, I’ll help you out.”

-A/N-

I was really confused on wheather I should make Syr younger to match Horn or make her the regular age. I wasn't too clear on her transform powers.

Did you know that the flattest country is the Maldives and it only has a range of nine or so feet of difference from highest to lowest?

89