Chapter 37 Syr (2)
2.5k 12 98
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-Syr-

She had been hopeful to find something of interest in the boy Kova, but she hadn’t expected so many things.

Sure the fact that he was both an alchemist and smith was somewhat interesting, but not exceptional.

However when she first laid eyes on him she felt as though all of Gekkai had stopped for a moment. She was instantly able to tell he was a half-dwarf/half-elf, that part had been surprising, enough so that she would have normally thought about maybe Charming him.

But his soul was unlike anything she had seen before. Souls were a singular color, but throughout the individuals life they would shift in accordance with the persons experiences and perspective. A bright blue soul could turn as dark as midnight if the person went down the wrong path.

Kova’s was a pure reflective white. When people die and their souls are sent to Tekkai the Gods cleanse the soul and the color bleeds away until it is white once again. Then they are sent back through the reincarnation cycle. The moment a baby is conceived and the soul is drawn into them the soul will slowly start to gain a color.

Still though, those cleansed souls were never condensed as Kova’s and she had never seen a reflective one. The feeling that soul gave her could only be described in one word. Otherworldly. No Deity, no monster, no mortal had ever given off a feeling like his did. Like she could look at it for years and still not understand it.

She had thought that Kova would jump at the chance to help her out when he saw that she couldn’t lift the crate with the spear heads. Instead he had slammed the door in her face! She couldn’t remember that happening… since she was up in Tekkai and had pissed off Loki.

She felt Allen’s killing intent spiked, but she looked to where the man was overlooking her and he backed off.

Kova opened the door again.

“Yeah fine, I’ll help you out.”

He went back into his forge and put on some actual clothes. Including a blue coat that for a moment disguised his dwarvish traits from Syr, but she guessed because she already knew she was able to see through it quickly.

He began walking with her down the street, and she asked him about what his day was like, how far he’d gone in the Dungeon, and how he liked his Familia.

When he talked about Hephaestus it was obvious that he had a huge crush on her… and apparently the captain too. He also talked about a guy named Justin, but then called him Jake then Julius which confused Syr.

She then told him about the Benevolent Mistress and how she just started working there.

An older elven woman jogged up to them, her dress having a deep v-neck that showed her impressive cleavage, for an elf anyway. Syr looked to Kova and saw that he was ogling her bouncing breasts.

She looked down at her own chest, in this form she had nothing to show. Smirking to herself she wondered if she should have gone for an older version instead.

“Hey Kova! How are you? I wasn’t expecting to run into you.”

Lie.

“Hello Miss Leriyan, haven’t seen you in this area before,” Kova said, shifting the box in his arms.

“I was just out shopping.”

Lying again.

The woman looked towards Syr with a motherly smile on her face.

“Is this your girlfriend?”
Syr blushed and looked towards Kova.

“No,” he said simply.

Syr’s eye twitched.

Once again Syr felt Allens killing intent rise. She knew he was angry that Kova was paying attention to another woman while with her.

“Well I know how dangerous the Dungeon can be so if you ever want to hang out with someone then you can come over to my shop and I’ll make us some tea,” the woman said, bending over slightly to ruffle Kova’s hair.

Kova again looked towards the woman's breasts, and Syr glared at the woman darkly. She didn’t like the interference, and didn’t like the too obvious set up.

After the annoying elf left they continued towards the Guild. Kova was silent for several minutes until he turned towards Syr.

“So who are you?”

“Huh? What do you mean?”

“Well there’s the fact that someone decided to let a little girl go across town alone during a time of city wide war, and they somehow expected you to carry a box full of metal. Then there’s the weird sense that I felt a few minutes ago. I felt the same thing when I shut the door in your face. I didn’t think it was someone else that time though. Once when I shut the door on you, once when I was looking at a woman's breasts instead of paying attention to you. So it’s centered on you, but not from you.”

“That’s odd.”

He watched her quietly for a minute. She knew what he was doing, he was trying to see if she would fill in the gap by making a tense awkward silence. It was something she often did as well, and she suppressed a smile, he was fun.

“Weeeell that’s a secret,” She said with a smile.

He just stared at her for a moment, then shrugged and continued on. They were only a few buildings down from The Guild, and Syr was sure that he had waited until they were closer before he had asked her who she really was. If anything had happened he could have gone inside to neutral territory before he was in any danger, in theory of course. Allen could kill him in a second if he really wanted to.

Despite his suspicions and withheld interactions with Syr so far she could tell that he was kind.

They entered The Guild and headed towards a section with other gear that was going to be distributed out. Syr was talking to the woman in charge of the collection, and once she was done she turned to where Kova was. Only to see him a dozen meters away talking to a red haired werewolf woman.

Again he had the look of someone with a crush.

Is he just a pervert? Syr thought to herself.

Hephaestus had the perfect body of a Goddess, not to mention her huge breasts and great ass. Tsubaki, from what Syr could remember, was also well endowed, and now this Guild employee with a similar figure.

Thinking back to her plan to connect with the boy as someone of a similar age she thought that maybe she should have gone for an older woman.

The werewolf woman seemed to like the boy as well, though in a non romantic way. Her tail swished lightly and a warm smile was on her face. They finished their conversation and Kova walked back to Syr.

“Ok I helped you out, now Imma head back.”

“You should come by the Benevolent Mistress sometime!” She said.

“Mhm maybe, seeya around,” Then he left.

He really was an interesting boy, a sly smile spread across Syrs face.

In the Kaios Desert the Goddess Bast was enjoying the sight of her Familia members training. Since the Spirit had taken Kova from her half a year ago the captain had made them train for three hours a day. Her Familia members were back to looking like warriors again, like when she had first come down to Gekkai and formed it.

She had let them slip, looking more like common bandits, which they were in a lot of ways.

“Lady Bast?”

She looked over to see one of her children stop a few feet away.

“Yes?”

“You have a gift that has just arrived.”

She lifted an eyebrow and took it. On the top were the words

To: The Goddess Bast

From: Kova Nact

Happy Winter’s Spirit!

“There's no traps as far as we could tell.”

Bast was surprised that Kova would send anything at all.

Opening the box inside the first thing she took out was a maid outfit, her eye twitched annoyingly, but she continued.

Next was a pair of cat ears that she could put on her head, she smiled a little bit, remembering their conversation when he asked why she didn’t have any.

The last thing took a moment for her to understand, she had thought it was a fluffy rope for a second. Then she recognized it as a tail, then she recognized that the other end of the tail was supposed to go up her ass.

“THAT BRAT!”

-A/N-
If I were ever to do another FF what would yall like to see?
1752698785875296

98