Chapter 38 Monster Horde
2.3k 7 90
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I walked into Babels tower yawning a slight hangover throbbing in my skull.

“Good morning Kova!” A voice boomed out next to me.

“Fuck shit balls!” I screamed jumping to the side.

Syr stood right on the inside of the door, she had been hiding so she could jump out at me.

“Hey Syr.”

“You left a bit early yesterday, too crowded?”

Yesterday Ardi had a party for officially Leveling Up and had invited me. Apparently the Ganesha Familia had pulled no stops when celebrating the captain's littles sister's advancement. They had rented out the entirety of the Benevolent Mistress and even then it had been filled to the brim with adventurers.

Ardi had invited me too and it had been fun, despite me only really knowing Ardi. I also found out that the owner of the restaurant was Mia Grand, and it took me a few moments to recognize the name. She was the former captain of the Freya Familia, and had only stepped down recently to open up the place.

Syr had been there working as a waitress, even with how busy it had been she would always find a way to hang out beside me. Causing her to get scolded my Mia often.

I didn’t really have any problem with Syr, she was friendly and fun to talk to. I just wasn’t a fan of the fact that she had some sort of bodyguards that kept sending me death glares and I couldn’t locate them.

From what I had seen so far I thought she was some rich girl that had bodyguards watching her. And because the former captain of the Freya Familia was her “boss” she might be connected to them through alliance or maybe she's the daughter of one of their higher leveled people.

“No, there was actually another party I went to, a Familia member of mine Leveled up as well.”

John had surprisingly made it to Level Two as well, earning himself the Forge Development Ability.

“Oh good, I thought for a moment you were avoiding me.”

I was.

“Nah, nothing like that.”

Her smile deepened, but not in a cute way, more in a yandere way. Damn could she tell I was lying? I needed to work on my poker face.

“Well Kova I just wanted to catch you before you went in for the day,” she said, pulling out a basket. “ I made you some food to take in, I know it must be super draining fighting all day.”

“Uhm, thanks.”

I took the basket, thinking if this is what it meant to be a Chad that had women actually pursuing you instead of you pursuing them.

I suddenly pulled out my blade, causing Syr to step back with a confused look on her face.

“What are you doing?”

“Trying to see if I can make the Gigachad face.”

“The what?”

“Tsk, Uncultured. Damn my baby fat is getting in the way.”

I put my blade away.

“Well, I’ll see you later!”

“Don’t forget to stop by to return the basket!”

I stopped, turning around.

“Uh, that's in the other way from where I live.”

“Oh, well then I’ll be here tomorrow to pick it up.”

She had already been to my forge before. This woman planned it all.

“Yeah yeah.”

I kept my back to a pillar like land formation and whipped my blades around. It felt like I was dragging my arms through water from the poison and weights. I cut through the mouth of a Killer Ant, making its mandibles useless. Then sliced through another's leg. A flash of white made me slide around the pillar as a Needle Rabbit slammed into where I been a moment before. I swung my elbow out feeling the crunch as the monsters skull was crushed between my arm and the pillar. I continued my assault on the horde of Killer Ants surrounding me.

I had accidently let one of them use its alarm call because another monster had spawned right above it. Now I was facing what most would consider a death sentence, especially for someone that was solo, and again for someone that was poisoned.

Several large gashes dripped blood from my body, the monster's strong talons and pincers still able to cut through my Golems Body.

The dead Killer Ants had begun to make a barricade with their bodies just like I had hoped. I had purposely begun not going for any magic stones to do so.

Rocks fell on my head and I glanced up to see a Killer and lunging for me. I ducked down then stabbed my sword through its body and into the pillar. I tried to pull the blade free, but I had no leverage from where I was at. The wave of monsters in front of me took the opportunity to swarm forward. I dismissed my Golems Body and jumped on top of my stuck blade then to the top of the pillar I had been using to cover my back. I saw the crack that the Killer Ant who I’d just killed had spawned from beginning to close. It had been right above me.

“Man this Dungeon can be a real son of a bitch.”

In every direction were monsters climbing over one another to get to me. I pulled out two Sticky Bombs and threw them to either side of me. They exploded covering most of the Killer Ants in the area.

“Brightest Night.”

“Stellar Sheen.”

My hands glowed silvery white and I threw out several throwing knives into the Killer Ants that had escaped my bombs. My aim still wasn’t nearly as good as it had been before, but the supersized knives still did the job.

I jumped out of the ring of monsters, cracking the stone beneath my feet. I supersized my one blade with Stellar Sheen and went to work cutting apart the monsters that couldn’t move.

“Hey kiddo nice work!” A voice called out from behind me.

I turned to see four men and women walking through one of the corridors into the room I had been fighting in.

“Thanks,” I said.

I had just finished off the last of them and was wondering how I was going to collect all these stones and get my sword back without getting myself stuck in the web-like concoction. I looked at the people smiling kindly at me and sighed internally.

These bitches are about to rob me.

“You look tired, how about you sit back and let us collect those magic stones for you. It would hurt our souls if we let a kid do so much hard work right after a fight like that.”

Yup I’m getting robbed.

The people were wary, anyone that could survive an encounter like that alone wasn’t the typical Level One, but still I was alone and I was tired as all hell.

Even if I took the antidote to my poison and took off my weights I would probably still lose, and that was under the expectation that they let me do that in the first place.

“Yeah yeah you fucks just go ahead,” I grumbled.

“Hey is that anyway-”

“Oh shut up, you’re robbing me, I get it. I might be able to take one or two of you down if I put my all into it, but who’d be dumb enough to do that just for some cash. So take the magic stones, and stop putting on the facade of a nice guy instead of the one that goes to sleep every night drunk as all hell because your dad walked out on you as a kid and your mom sold herself to pay the bills leaving you to cry alone in bed as your mom screamed out a random dudes name.”

They all just stared at me with their mouths hanging open. I guess I went a little far for someone that wouldn’t survive a fight against all four of them. Meh, I was tired and they’re bitches.

.”You-”

“Fuck you,” Then I turned to dash away.

“STOP IN THE NAME OF JUSTICE,” a voice boomed out.

I turned back to see the man in front be pushed into the air as a little prum girl with pink hair kicked him in the balls hard enough for me to hear the sound of squished grapes.


-A/N-

It was fun to write that last part

90