Chapter 4- Ambition
23 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Three years earlier:

"Damn you! DAMN ALL OF YOU! YOU PIECES SHIT, WHERE'S MY WIFE, DAMN ALL OF YOU!"

A man chained to the wall keep on cursing, the chains glow with each movement of the man

"Oh do shut up, your wife is fine, in fact four months into her pregnancy and she can still out run my hunters, I'm amazed" a Spectre appeared jovially saying that to the chained man

"Fuck you, show your real self, I'll kill even with this chain on damn you!"

Shouted the livid man, the chains growing brighter, the runes on the chain now more pronounced.

"Haargh! Hhaaaaaaarrrgghhhh!"

The chains are now creaking with the force of the man, its glow is now bright enoygh to light the underground prison room.

"Huh, impressive as usual, you ancient bloods, that chain can make even a small dragon powerless, are you even human? Are you secretly a Herac?" Said the Spectre jokingly.

"Too bad I'm tied up here, continue playinng here while I use this gaseous body to hunt down your wife, now, I can't personally touch, but I can still do this".

The Spectre 'touched' the man's head.

The man strained even more, the chain now loudly creaking, growing even more brightly.

"Hnnngghh NO! NOOO!"

The man's eyes rolled in pain, now only showing the whites.

"Go on, show me more, show me your fears, show me what you hate, feed me more!"

The Spectres glowing eyes are now even brighter.

"You know, you ancient bloods are amazing, methods not superior to the Heracs at gaining strength made your ancestors the envy of everyone, their ambition to rule Theria gave birth to a lot of disasters you know."

The man said after draining the chained man, who is now limp, the chains holding him up.

"Wha...... What do you mean?"

The man asked weakly

"You don't know? Well its understandable since only we can tell you descend from Ancient Bloods. What I am saying is that, your ancestors tweaked with their own blood, improving their bodies. Their ambitions soon grew and grew, inciting the masses, sowing chaos and jealousy, where do you suppose rhe Heracs got the idea for their modifications?" The Spectre now lecturing the chained man.

"What?...." Is the only man's replying to the dizzying information given by the man.

"Its really too bad, but now I'll leave you here, don't worry, I'll catch your wife soon enough, you won't be here for long anyway"

The spectre said while slowly fading away.

"No..... Stop......leave.........Alexa...... An....out of..... this"

The man weakly pleaded.

"Well, we don't want your wife anyway, what we want is your child, the child will be the same as your blood, ancient blood will flow his veins, also, why bother with it all, you can't escape, your territory is scorched, your kingdom also abandoned you, even if you escape, you have no where to go."

The Spectre said all this, voice and body fading into nothing.

"Alexa.........haah.......sorry for dragging you into this.......haaaahhh.......the pendant will help...... the pendant will help...... the pen....dant....will......help" the man says as he loses conciousness.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

In the present time

"Hraaah!"

"Good strike, now dodge"

"Hrk!"

"Again, don't just look into the sword, look at my whole as I swing my sword, it will tell a lot about my next move"

"Easy for you to say, Kaiser!  Hrrk!"

Anne is now practicing swordsmanship, a few weeks after their wedding, Anne sought promotion into Nun, but her ambition did not stop there, she wanted to be a paladin, to stand next to Kaiser with his skills.

"Take this!"

After being hit by Kaiser blunt sword, Anne jumped up brought down her own short sword

"You project your moves too much, and don't talk while striking, its a waste of breath"

Kaiser easily dodged in a seemingly effortless manner.

"Haaah.... Haaaah..... Haaah.... Its not fair you have so much stamina" Anne protested running out breath.

"Hence why I told you to master internal energy first, you are wasting too much with every move" Kaiser replied seriously

"You have too damn much stamina during sex and a fight, how is this fair!?"

Anne now lying on the ground, her fairly large chest heaving up and down vigorously.

"Please stand up, this is a training ground, others are staring at you"

Kaiser looked around, while the other soldiers-in-training studiously avoiding to look at the two of them.

"Oh please, they won't bother, because I've got my husband here right?" Anne said coquettishly, causing Kaiser to lift her up and walk away to their house.

"Time for exercise, let's build up your stamina" said Kaiser with a dark smile.

His smile caused Anne to stiffen, since he literally meant what he said, she will have to run around their home until she was tired, then after resting, she will have a final lap.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

In the training ground.

"Damn, Captain Kaiser really is merciless!"

Is what everyt soldier-in-training was thinking about.

"I'm still amazed that Anne keeps coming  here, she really is determined to train huh?"

"Must be amazing getting the love Captain Kaiser"

The resting soldiers soldiers gossiped

Beck, who was checking up on the training ground, roared at the gossipy soldiers.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Haaah.... Haaah, I'm so tired, scoot over!"

Anne who has just washed off said to the lounging Kaiser.

"Oh ok, by the way, are you fine? Was training too much for you? Maybe I should dial it down" ever since she started training, Kaiser would fret over her after training, which was a bit harring for Anne, who saw how merciless trained her and the others.

"Oh it was fine" she told half a lie, her body is aching terribly, but he mentioned early on that the aching only last for a few months when training.

"Alex sure is developing fast huh, just in two years he can now talk and walk"

Alex is now 2 and three months old, his each and every 'achievement' is monitored by Kaiser and Anne.

"Kaiser, you talk as if he was walking around the village and gossiping, he tends to be quite, just playing around with his toys"

Anne replied, just as observant as Kaiser.

"I wonder....... Come here Alex"

Called Kaiser, Alex looked at his parents, stood up, smiled as bright as the sun.

"Mama, Papa, aunt Krishna keepsh pinching maw cheeks, Grandpa Milld keeps carrying me around, itsh fun!"

Alex, who was playing outside with a toy, rushed to talk to them.

Both smiled lovingly at the talkative toddler.

"Mama, up!" Toddler Alex raised his arms looking Anne cutely.

"Oh, come here" Anne said as she picked up the toddler.

"Did you miss mama and papa?" Cooed Anne at Alex.

"I did! I missed Papa tooo!"

Alex looked at Kaiser who was looking at them with a warm smile

"Missed you too, come here!" Kaiser could no longer to resist and snatched the giggling Alex from Anne.

"Its a good thing we train in the mornings, yeah? The others at the church adore him"

Amme said to Kaiser who carrying Alex.

"Who wouldn't love him? He is adorable!"

Kaiser answers while rapidly kisaing Alex's cheeks, this made the toddler giggle at every kiss.

"Mama, can I come with papa after eating?" Asks Alex still in his father's arms.

"Oh, if its okay with him, why not?"

Smiled at the two of them.

"Well, you can sone with me when you are older" Kaiser replied, relying on every iota of will power to say no to his child.

"But why?" Said Alex with a tilt.

"Because its a place for adults, it is also dangerous, okay Alex?"

Alex pouted but still listened to his papa.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

They ate their meal silently, with Anne and Kaiser taking turns at practicing Kaiser how to use proper utensils.

Kaiser went to the training grounds, while Anne brought Alex  to the temple.

Anne is now a Nun, she is in charge of a group of healers, some Nuns choose to go adventuring or be mercenaries.

Being a Mercenary is a job that takes on requests at Mercenary/ Adventurer's Guild, A client can also hire a party, not just post requests.

Nuns typically are healers and debuffers, they cure curses and possesions, Holy Monk are the same.

For advancement to Paladin, one needs martial prowess along with a divine patron, Anne is training with Kaiser for her martial prowess, she already has a divine patron, Lady Xerene, also the patron of this village, the goddess of love.

Her vestial robes, are crimson, with silver accents at the sleeves and the bottom edges, she lets her short hair free.

She cut her hair in preparation for training, most Nuns that aspire to be paladins cut their hair, since it bothers their training, as their martial prowess gets better, their hair tends to be less of a burden, giving them the option of either long or short hair.

She was walking towards the healer's communal room when Alex squirmed.

"Mama, can I explore here on my own?"

'Hmm.... Definitely not' is what she was thinking of, but then she saw a mage walking by, she was familiar with this as this was Master Rykus' disciple, Kator.

"Okay, Alex stand here for now, okay?"Said Anne

"Yes, Mama" replied Alex, mimicking the politeness he saw when others were talking to the Healers, Anne nodded and walked over to the mage

"Excuse me, Kator?" Asked Anne politely

"Er, yes maam?" Kator politely answered, afraid of offending not only a Nun, but the Guard Captain's wife.

"I have a favor to ask, can you go invisible ams watch over my son? He's probably curious about the temple surroundings, and qant to go play around, I still have new Healers to teach" she answered.

"Of course ma'am, I remember you healing me when I got hit by my own flames once, so think nothing of it" He answered with a smile. 

He had made a mistake when he was channeling mana without casting, which burned his arm badly, the then healer Anne cured him.

"Thank you so much, Kator" Anne nodded and went to the communal room, telling Alex on the way that he can go exploring.

"Yay, thanks so much mama" Alex smiled.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Okay, the kid sure is curious, huh?" Kator followed Alex inivisibly, following the boy as he went up and down the templ, most priests or healers already recognize him and either asks if he is lost, or if he wants to find Anne.

Alex eventually went back to the hallway, having had his fill and went to fund his mother, as he was going down, he saw a little girl his age, crying for her parents, no temple authority saw this scene as there were mercenaries having an emergency near the entrance.

Alex ran out from the temple and went running to the crying girl.

"Hey, why are you crying, did someone hurt you?" Alex again, copied a standard Healer's question to the crying girl.

The girl saw the cute little boy asking him, and she sobbed

"No.....hic........Mama and Papa...... I can't find them.... hic..... Mama......hic...... papa........."

Alex thought out the problem, and his mother's reminder and he remembered

'if you need help, just ask the people at the temple, okay, Alex?'

"I can help, my mama always said to ask for help at the temple" he immediately pat her head, since this is what his parents did when he cries.

"Wealllly?" The girl was still sobbing but she calmed down after hearing Alex's answer.

"Yup, let's go" He held on the girl's hand led her to the temple.

The girl was getting calm now, and just allowed him to lead the way, they were still quite a few more steps from the temple when he asked her her name.

"Anya, Anya Fellere" answered the now calm girl, Anya.

"My name is Alex Galor, my mama works here" Alex answered with a smile.

They eventually arrived, he asked a healer near the entrance who just went out for air after the mercenary emergency.

"Umm..... Excuse me, sir, can you help me?"

Asks Alex while tugging on the Healer's robe, his other hand still holding Anya's.

"Oh, its you, Alex, of course, what can I help you with?" The healer answered.

He remembered who Alex was, and remained polite, fearing Anne's rebuke.

"Um... Anya lost her parents, can you help her" Alex answered, while lighly pulling Anya ove to the man.

The Healer nodded, and held out his hand for Anya, intending to go to the soldier's garrison.

Anya reluctantly let go of Alex's hand held on to the Healer's, while walking away.

"Um... Good bye Alex" she finally looked back at Alex.

"Good Bye" Alex waved good bye.

Kator who was looking into this from the start to finish, was amazed at how mature Alex handeled that.

"Wow, this kid's going places"

He followed Alex who eventually entered Healer communal room, where he was cornered by the concerned aunts and uncles.

Kator knocked the door on a side a office, when he heard the one inside to allow him in, he closed the door, and undid his invisibility.

"Thanks Kator, I'm still busy with this, since this is fifth Mercenary emergency we encountered...... Oh, sorry for that anyway, thank for looking after Alex"

Anne bowed gratefully, which flustered Kator.

"I'll see my self out, ma'am" he finally managed.

"Oh, ok, sorry for not being a good host" Anne amswered apologetically.

"Its okay ma'am" he answered while activating invisibility and headedout.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Anya was still slighly teary, but she followed the Healer, before they arrived at the barracks, a thin man wearing a leather tunic had a woman with a revealing linen clothes grabbing into his arm saw her

"Anya!? Where have you been, Papa's been worried" when she heard this she stiffened.

"Are you the parents? She was lost near the temple you see, and she asked for help to find his mama and papa" the Healer asked while he activitated a truth ring.

"Ah, yes, I'm her father, thank you so much helping her" he answered immediately

The Healer detected no lies, and naturally let his guard down, he took the girl's reaction for surprise, and apprehension for the scolding she will undoubtedly recieve.

So he let go of the girl's hand

"Okay, your papa is here, okay? I'll go now, please take care"

The girl nodded, before the Healer could see her pale face, he was already walking away.

" You little scamp, I told you not go off on your own, what, you trying to go to the orphanage on your own? Dream On! You killed your own during her birth, you killed her, and you think I'll let you go!?"

He grabbed the child and forcefully dragged her away.

'He was so kind' she escaped within her thoughts, remembering Alex's kindness.

She started crying softly.

0