Volume 1 Chapter 17: A trip to Burgens Village
111 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Arin and his twin sister were hanging around in the kitchen.

"Why are you here sister?" Arin asked turning on the stove.

Aria was eating the fresh fruit on the table and seemed to be lost in thought.

Scowling, Arin snatched the bowl away.

Aria blinks when trying to reach down for another fruit realizing it was no longer within reach, "hey!" She yells trying to reach for the bowl.

"Seriously, why are you so spaced out today?" Arin asked her keeping the bowl out of reach.

Aria pouts and then sighs, her eyes glazing over, "don't you think her ladyship is getting out of our reach?" she asked.

Arin frowns at his sister, "what do you mean by that?" He asked turning away.

Aria sighs loudly her expression becoming that of a crazy fan, "it's a wonderful sight! She excluded such an amazing killing intent that it resonated throughout my entire being all the way to my toes." She cries her face showing satisfaction.

Has his sister's personality always been this way?

Though it was weak, it was still a very impressive intent.

Arin glanced back at his sister, her gaze was even more disturbing, "I think you should get help." He tells her turning away once again.

Aria smiles, "don't pretend you didn't feel it. It's the first time ever that her ladyship showed anger towards anyone of us. Don't you think it's exhilarating? It's small but her ladyship is definitely getting stronger." Aria points out.

If anything, things will slowly begin to change around here.

No matter the change, he was sure it would be good for everyone under her Ladyship's rule.

Arin began to prepare the meal, no matter what her ladyship's role is, he would gladly follow her to the end.

Aria smiles at him, "I see, so we both think alike." She says.

Twins sure do think alike after all.

 

Meanwhile in Burgens Village....

 

"You wish to know more information about the factions near here?" a man working at a small market stall asked.

Elder Xac and Old Man Gu first arrived in Burgens awhile ago, thanks to the new route given to them by Kobi the trip took them less than forty minutes.

"That's correct." Old Man Gu answered.

Thanks to his solid disguise, no one seemed to suspect him for being anything other than human.

Another thing is the potion to speak to other humans that was successfully made by the Mage not so long ago. 

"Well, there's a few of them close to Burgens Village. Like the Yoderal Faction, they are the ones that should be kept an eye on the most out of the other three. Those three factions are the Blue Mist Faction, The Wolf Gale Faction, and the Clouded Demon Faction." The man points out.

"Can you explain to us why the Yoderal Faction is more of a problem?" Elder Xac asked.

The man frowns and looked left, then right before leaning in while blocking his mouth from others to see.

"You didn't hear this from me, but rumors stated that Yoderal was famous for not only raiding dungeons, but they kill low ranking adventurers they recruit to raid dungeons with them." He whispers.

He leans back and folds his arms, "well, that's the main reason. Other reasons are their hand in the underworld. I hear they have plans to take down weak dungeons just to take them over. The idea of getting rid of dungeon bosses who are weaker just doesn't sit well with me, or perhaps I just don't like them Yoderal bastards?" The man says with a shake of his head.

He realizes something and began to wave his hands dramatically, "not that I am saying that the dungeon bosses should live, just that the reason they are dying....well, those Yoderals' aren't any good either, if they get anymore land I feel they will be a huge problem for a small village like ours." 

The two walked away, they went around the whole village but no matter what they heard the same thing around the whole village.

"Looks like we should head back and relay the news to her ladyship." Elder Xac says.

Old Man Gu nods, not only that, it was really cutting it close, he can feel the magic of the transformation thinning.

 

At the Palace...

 

I tapped my finger impatiently on the throne's armrest.

When will those two arrive?

After reviewing my stats, I was glad to see how close I was in becoming an E Rank.

It's been a while since I've checked not only my stats but the Abyss' as well.

 

Screen Stats

EXP:  990/1300

HP:  430/430      MP: 562/562      DP: 300

Race: Human

Name: Mae Fan            Job: Dungeon Master

Title: None                     Level: 10

 

Stats

Strength:  16 (+5) =21         Intelligence: 35 (+10) =40

Stamina:  20 (+10) =25                 Agility: 17 (+5) =22

Vitality:  18 (+5) =23               Luck: 30 (+5) =35

 

Skills

Leadership Skill (E Rank): A passive skill, all subordinates below you will follow you. 2 percent morale added while leading others.

Dungeon System (SSS Rank): A cheat skill for the host to easily level up and become powerful

Archery (E Rank): Deals 2 percent more damage while using the bow and arrow.

Hunting (D Rank): can hunt animals rank D and lower.

Combat (D Rank): Skills in fighting are low but more skilled.

Language Diversity Skill (F Rank): Can understand the ants' language, skill will level up the more the host understands other languages.

Blink (D Rank) A speed-type skill that makes one look as if they are invisible, instead they are moving at a quick enough speed that can not be noticed easily

 

Treasury $:

56 C (Copper)  200 S (Silver)   0 G (Gold)

 

Shop [Unlocked]

 

ABYSS

Level:  1     Population: 11/20

Monsters: 4/10  Mines: 1

 

Palace Level 2

Floors: 1   Rooms: 11/15   Buildings: 2/8

 

Buildings Added:

Mage's Tower

 

 

New Arrivals:

None

 

Prisons: 0/1   Prison Cells: 0/5 

 

Areas:

Training Area

Water Reservoir

 

Stats

Magic Traps: 2      Barriers: 1

Repairs: None

 

Hm? Looks like Croxias has been pretty busy, I'll have to award him for his diligence.

What should I give a hardworking mage?

Also, it looks as though he has risen his level a bit more and learned a new skill.

It really surprised me when I got a good look at everyone's stats earlier.

I should get a way to view them whenever they are not with me.

I have a bit of Dungeon Points left, I wonder what I can obtain with only 300 points?

I pressed the shop button to have a look.

Gazing through the products I came across something interesting, it was only fifty DP.

Another thing was a Mage's staff, it helps a mage cast quicker than most mages. 

The cost is all my dungeon points, I guess he did work hard.

I bought it and leaned back, should I test out what I bought then?

 

Message

Host has obtained Abyss Viewing Board that can be seen by everyone! Does the Host wish to set it up now?

 

Yes or No?

 

I pressed yes and was happy to see a huge projector screen appear before me.

 

Message

Anything related to the Abyss is seen here, all meetings can be held using this Viewing Board. The host can view everyone's stats here.

 

How convenient. I really made the right choice in buying this.

I leaned back after making the large screen disappear.

"My Lady, Elder Xac and Old Man Gu has returned." Briston announces upon entering the throne room.

The two entered from behind him, the new hierarchy gave a rule that the two head council members did not need to kneel.

The two bowed their heads instead to give their respect to their master, "we brought news to her ladyship." Elder Xac spoke.

"Relay it." I told them.

 

 

4