27- Its a bit sadistic
28 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

They were standing entangled in the kitchen door. Elias hold her tight. His eyes were pure golden, a sliver of green shining at the centre. Sasha felt a swirl of  emotions inside. She had to come up with a joke. Anything to put the attention away from the very serious closeness between them and back to the familiar teasing. 

“I think we have filled up all the bottles haven’t we?”

Elias brushed her cheek and nodded, slowly letting her go. Still she leaned into him, resting her head at his chest. 

“I think you have a visitor”, Elias said. 

Sasha hadn’t heard anyone walking the corridors. She jumped backwards as if she had gotten burned. But it was too late, she looked over Elias shoulder, seeing the last one she wanted in this moment.

“Greg.”

“I wanted to catch you before you left. I wish I hadn’t.”

“I...” Sasha didn’t know what to say. That it was not what it looked like? That she wished she had been a better liar. That it was exactly what it looked like?

“It is a bit sadistic, even for you”, Greg said flatly. He went closer, looking intently at Elias but turning to Sasha. “What do you see in those yellow eyes?” 

Sasha kept silent. Not knowing how to smoothen this out. Elias looked from Sasha to Greg, a furrow at his brow. A slow smile formed and he nodded towards Greg.

“I would like to have some words with you in private Greg.” He turned to Sasha and slowly pulled her to his side. Without as much as missing a beat, he planted a kiss on her forehead. “What about you make the horses ready and me and Greg have a second breakfast sweetheart?”

Sasha hesitated, she opened her mouth, but no words left. She had messed up badly. Without meeting none of the men’s eyes she turned around and fled. This was one fight she didn’t want to take. 

“I am in no mode for a breakfast, prince”, Greg said.

Sasha speeded up, but she heard Elias sassy reply.

“Well, I am the prince, and I do insist.”

Sasha was putting her horse to the limit. Elias silver marbled stallion was barely trotting, but still kept up. 

“I thought of stopping by the spring at the graveyard. It should be holy enough to satisfy Esmeralda”, Elias said. 

“Esmeralda can get the water by herself. It’s no big deal. I think we are finished here.”

Sasha wanted to leave and  forget the university. She longed for the city and a big steak. If she was lucky she could pick a fight with some of Esmeralda’s providers. 

“What got you to change you’re mind?” Elias was leading his horse to ride closer to her’s. He clicked with his tongue, his horse taking the lead, slowing down the speed. 

“I thought you was the one wanting to get home to mummy?”

Elias shrugged, slowing down the speed further and letting her take the lead. Sasha did. They were going to have a record time reaching the city.

“Ah, Sasha. You are perfectly on time”, Esmeralda told her.

They were entering the bar by lunch, the place were more crowded than normal. Esmeralda pointed towards the kitchen.

“I have already made the table for you. The steaks are ready.”

She picked up two plates taking the lead to the private dining table. Sasha shook her head. The dinner was served? Sasha followed Esmeralda behind the bar.

“Sasha!”

That explained it. Her sister was already there. She raised from her chair, greeting her with a hug. 

“Ivy. I would have guessed. Shouldn’t you stay low?”

“Me?” She bent closer, whispering in Sasha’s ear. “Isaak thinks he is a bachelor. I am off the killing list.”

Sasha looked around. Denise was sitting at the joist looking down at them. Isaak was pretending he hadn’t heard Ivy.

“How are you taking it?”

“Just look at him. He is sitting at the opposite side of the table!”

Sasha looked over to the very small table for two. She had a hard time seeing any side of the table, but she got her sisters point. 

“Shall I talk to him?”

“Kick his ass. He is mine. I wont tolerate any of the chicks coming in here and buying ingredients for love potions.”

Sasha really had to buy something nice for Ivy.  

“I have gotten ingredients for true love potions. It will make the mess a bit easier to handle.”

“Love you sis.” Ivy hugged her closer. 

“So, what have you been up to?” Isaak pulled out another chair to the already crowded table. Sasha sat down. Elias preferred to lean against the kitchen sink.

“Care to enlighten me about the latest turns?” Sasha said. “Why are you here?”

She narrowed her eyes and leaned back. They should have stayed in the woods. 

“Mister perfect over there talked the queen into letting me off the hook.” Elias said and nodded towards Elias. “And since I am no longer no ones boyfriend, and the bounty is off, everything is rather dull.” Isaak complained.

“He got tired of mother”, Ivy explained.”And I just couldn’t let him walk into a trap.”

Ivy looked at Esmeralda.

“So, you are setting the trap and feeding the pig?” Sasha asked Esmeralda. “You really got this one working out for you.”

“Yes, and I have the best food for him. He is a golden cow for my business”, Esmeralda chuckled and nipped Isaak at his arm. “Don’t sell out yourself cheap son.”

Isaak glared at her. 

“You always lands on your feet”, Sasha said, putting food into her mouth and relaxing. Ivy was safe, Isaak was safe and Greg was pissed of. You couldn’t get it all, but she had to give it to Elias, he had delivered. She didn’t know how he had done it, but the ones she cared about was safe. 

“Landing? It’s a nightmare. Everyone thinks I am fair game. What are wrong with women”, Isaak complained. 

“I do agree brother. They really have to be fucked up,  considering you as marrying material”, Elias agreed. 

“No one asked of your opinion”, Isaak grunted. 

“Or he stops being such a pussy and steps up to being royal”, Sasha said. She stared at Isaak, willing him to take the bait. 

“Sasha!” Ivy exclaimed.

“What?” Sasha shuddered. “I know you cant live without him and I don’t want you to cry yours eyes out. He is being a chicken.” 

“Sasha stop it. I am trying to do the right thing here”, Isaak said. 

“Well, it might be the right thing at the moment to let the crowd calm down. But you are a strategic Isaak. I thought better of you.” She sneered. He was the crime lord. Since when did he started to play nice? 

Isaak looked down at the table. He shook his head.

“This changes everything”, Isaak said.

1