Fantasy (Low/ Integrated system)
132 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Book In Question: 'Defiance of the Fall' written by TheFirstDefier

 

This book is based around the question of "what would happen if  magic came to us?" and takes it to a whole new level. No reincarnation, no harems. This is quite definitely NOT an isekai.

Zac, at the time the story starts, is on a camping trip with his friends. Now, what do you think would happen if the world suddenly got a whole lot more deadly? Especially this far from civilization? 

The system the author proposes has an in-depth background, and as does the various multiverses it crosses over. Grammar is good, with only a few mistakes every now and then. Character development and interaction feels fluid, and natural; they all have their own problems and opinions.

As of the time I'm writing this, the fiction has 332 total chapters, including any author notes, and the prologue. What I find intriguing is the incredibly complex state of the world. The main character, while strong, is not the most powerful. Other people get better things. Other people are more powerful.

The portrayal of the many new species as well as their mannerisms & culture are well done, and mostly consistent. Language barriers included! 

All in all, I recommend this to anyone who would like a slightly grittier fantasy to binge.

 

WARNING: This fiction contains gore, profanity, and traumatizing content. Read at your own discretion.

2