Fantasy (High/ Reincarnation/ Non-human protag)
138 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Book In Question: 'The Snake Report' written by wercwercwerc

This story starts with the death of the main character, and their subsequent reincarnation.

The Snake Report is an incredible, well edited piece of work which originated from a prompt found on Reddit. Somewhat mysteriously, the name of the MC is never mentioned and information on their other, original life is rare- only truly having been covered in the second chapter.

What I love most about this story, is the fact that if you don't look back over the 'entries' or just never think about it, you wont notice the mental deterioration. Over its course, our snakey friend meets and experiences things which gradually grate away at their sanity. When you step back however, you can see the thought patterns change until they are no more human than the monsters which surround them.

The author writes their drafts on their own little website, and only once they have finished writing a book's worth of chapters do they update the fully edited chapters onto platforms like RR. 

A lot of chapters are begun with specific base names, and day numbers- such as: "Snake Report: Day Whatever/Watching Humans Report: Official Day 8" and are often written as if they are addressing the reader. Characters are always 3D, usually relatable, and have motives which make sense. Sentences flow beautifully, and are always a pleasure to read. 

 

WARNING: This fiction contains gore, and profanity. Read at your own discretion. 

2