Fantasy (High/ Gifted protag)
185 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Happy new year everyone!

~   ~   ~

Book In Question: 'The Nothing Mage' written by Nixia

ATTENTION!  I can not properly describe the book without spoilers, so I am just parroting the description. I apologize for this, and will not be doing this again.

When the time finally came for a representative of the Pinnacle Towers to awaken and evaluate young Declan’s mana, the boy had a clear idea of how the day would go.  The esteemed magus would awaken the teen’s dormant mana with a burst of his own, and Declan’s father would look on in pride as the visitor pronounced the boy a prodigy of fire magic, perfectly suited to follow in the general’s footsteps.  The reality was somewhat less than ideal.

Instead of discovering a massive untapped pool of red mana within the boy, the visitor found nothing at all.  Disgraced and disowned by his family, everything Declan knows about magic comes into question when he accidentally wields a mysterious and invisible force.  Join Declan on his journey of discovery through the magical kingdom of Teralia and into the famed Towers themselves.

The grammar is very good, and the interactions are beautifully natural. Sadly, there are some blips where the author jumps new developments on you without any  warning, but hopefully this will be fixed soon. I very much enjoy this book, and I hope you will too!

 

WARNING: This fiction contains profanity.

6