8: Blake Celeste
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alex tiredly opened his eyes and looked around the white hospital room. What happened? The last I recall the wolf was charging at me and I tried punching it… did I overexert myself? What about the wolf? Many questions flooded Alex’s mind as he tried to recall the past events.

 

As he continued thinking, a nurse walked in with a tall man who had many scars covering his face.

 

“It seems you’re awake,” the man said. “My name is Blake Celeste and I am one of the combat instructors at Xanthos First High. I happened to watch your fight with the shadow wolf, and I must say.. It’s quite impressive what you did.” he continued. “I don’t know how much you remember, but the shadow wolf went berserk at the very end. Although it was a weaker berserk, it still pushed the shadow wolf into early peak soldier realms. From the information I have on you, you are only a peak intermediate soldier. It’s quite impressive what you’ve done, especially that last punch.” 

 

Blake noticed himself getting too excited and calmed down,

 

“Anyways, the reason I came to you today was to extend an offer to you. Despite the rather weak performances you’ve had in the past, I believe in your potential. Thus, I am inviting you to come to Xanthos First High.”

 

Alex looked at Blake shocked. He, the ‘weak and disgraceful’ Alex, was being invited to the most prestigious magic school in Xanthos. There was no one who hadn’t heard of Xanthos First High, as they produced some of the best talents in the world. Of the so-called Eight Emperors of the East, the strongest mages in the entire world who all were half-gods, two of them had attended Xanthos First High. Out of hundreds of schools and countries, two of the strongest people in the world came from one place. This is what made Xanthos First High the most prestigious school in the eastern side of the continent. 

 

“I’ve seen your data, and I know that you are not exactly well off. But you don’t have to worry about this, as long as you have sufficient results, we will pay for shelter and your tuition. Consider it an investment.” Blake added.

 

As the nurse was checking Alex’s vitals and his injuries, he started thinking. Sure, he should have jumped at this opportunity but there was one thing bothering him. His strength came from the black mana, and that’s why they were interested in him. He didn’t want others to know of this power until he himself knew more about it, and he had the strength to protect himself. But by the same token, he could use the expansive resources to learn more of the black mana as well as grow much stronger. Because of his, Alex look at Blake and bowed saying,

 

“I would love to attend, thank you very much for this opportunity, sir. I promise not to disappoint.”  

Blake looked at Alex with interest and said,

 

“Very well, you will receive a call in the next week informing you of other details as well as setting up your enrollment. Take care of yourself, I am excited to see you again after you graduate.”

 

Blake then left, leaving Alex and the nurse in the room. The nurse looked at Alex with shock written all over her face. She had seen this boy many times before, in all the time Alex had been at this middle school, he came in on multiple occasions after being beat up by fellow classmates. And now this same boy was being personally invited to the most prestigious school in the world. How could she not be shocked?

 

*cough* “Due to the severity of the injuries to your arm, you won’t be able to use it at all for at least one month. You will also need to come in every week so that the doctor can apply some healing magic. Good news is that there will be no permanent damage.” the nurse said. “The doctor already did a bunch of healing, but we will keep you here for another day. Do you have any questions?”

 

“No ma’am. Thank you for your help.” Alex responded.

 

“No need for thanks, just make sure to take it easy.” She responded as she left the room. 

 

From looking at the clock beside his bed, Alex noticed that only a few hours had passed since he fought the wolf. Despite this, the black orb was still empty and Alex was having a hard time staying awake. I seem to have used way too much black mana, which is what caused me to pass out. Alex chuckled. Sure, the power of the black mana was something many would be jealous of, but at the same time it had to be used sparingly. It took a great deal of stamina and could put you out with one misstep. 

 

Alex, not wanting to waste any time, immediately began training his black orb by gathering black mana around the orb and then condensing it before releasing it. This worked similarly to working out, but was much more exhausting. 

 

“Since I can’t do anything else, I might as well try to prevent something like this from happening again.” he said with a smile on his face.

0