Ch.181 Number 1 Under The Heavens No Longer
2.2k 12 75
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Blood Fiends?”

 

“That’s right, your Majesty.” The female responded.

 

“What a malicious name.” The Empress said as she began to walk forward. “I’m going to the Alphonse Kingdom. Gather some others and look after the Palace.”

 

““Yes, your Majesty!”” 

 

2 steps later, the Empress disintegrated into motes of light that flew in all directions before vanishing.

 

 

[East Continent, Yoloria Empire, Alphonse City]

 

Placed directly in the middle of the Alphonse City was a giant castle made of rock, wood and a few pieces of metal. This was the palace belonging to the ruler of this small city; Victor Alphonse, otherwise known as the Alphonse King, titled after the Alphonse Forest that he and his small band of trusted Knights had conquered alone 32 Years ago.

 

Not only is he a peak talent, but he is also a first generation graduate of the Zenith Academy and could be considered half a son to the Empress. Of all the first generation graduates, he along with 8 other people were chosen by the Empress to be the Kings and Queens of the 9 other cities outside of the City of Glory. 

 

It was this very man that was exiting the palace with haste as 7 other individuals followed him a few steps behind. Every one of them carried sharp weapons that looked like they were made from both rock and metal and possessed strong glares that spoke of tough characters.

 

Going by the way they were all acting, it was apparent to everyone else that they meant business, so they all got out of the way with smiles, unlike other times where they might have tried to greet their King or his special band of knights.

 

However, before the Alphonse King could get very far, a zap sound was heard and a woman made of golden light materialised not too far away from him.

 

Who else could it be other than the Empress herself, Gloria.

 

Victor was already smiling when the light faded away and revealed the unparalleled beauty that was his Majesty. Not a second later, every pedestrian in the vicinity had prostrated themselves, whereas the King and his 7 knights took a knee.

 

“““We welcome your Majesty!””” they all yelled.

 

“Mm” The Empress made a small sound of acknowledgement. Then she turned her brilliant eyes towards her citizens and said. “You may leave.”

 

They all stood up with sheer awe on their faces, gave a quick 90⁰ bow and then scurried off to different locations in silence. But not too long after, sounds of amazement and jubilant conversation could be heard as the citizens reached a distance where they thought that the Empress would no longer be able to hear them. Of course, they were wrong. But the Empress inwardly smiled at the thought of them not wishing to disturb her. It was not something she had ever ordered them to do (outside of unique situations), so it was quite heart-warming.

 

“Victor.” She said out loud as she focused on the man.

 

“Yes, your Majesty.” His voice was firm and steady, but the smile that he was trying to suppress was not going away at all.

 

“It’s good to see you after 5 years.” She said as she revealed a small smile. But whilst the smile was minute, Victor felt like he had found a peerless treasure.

 

“I feel the same, your Majesty.” His voice trembling with emotion. Each and every one of the Empress’s smiles were like gold that could only be found with luck or relentless pursuit. Ah, but her smile was much more beautiful than gold. ‘!!!’ Victor temporarily felt like he had committed blasphemy by comparing the Empress's smile to mere gold. However, before he could begin to construct grand poems about the Empress’s beauty, grace, magnanimity, power, intelligence, talent, peerlessness, majesty and more… The Empress spoke once more.

 

“Whilst I would like to catch up with you, I am here for a different purpose. Come, take me to where you last saw the Blood Fiends.”

 

‘Ah…’ Victor was temporarily dumbstruck. But then he realised what was going on in the next moment and began to speak.

 

 

[Central Continent, Forest of Dawn, Glacial Saint Deer Clan Territory]

 

In the Northern region of the Forest of Dawn was a paradise that was only accessible to herbivores that refused to hunt other lifeforms for supplement, and this territory was owned by the Glacial Saint Deer Clan, or to be more specific, their progenitor: Dodo, the Guardian of the Dawn Forest.

 

He was a powerful Elk that had unknowingly formed an Apostle Contract with Ciera when she had first formed, but because Ciera was an Anomaly that had no limiters like the other Anomalies did, the benefits Dodo had gained from the Apostle Contract were so much more stupefying. It was so much so that for the next 50 or so years, he had been the undisputed strongest lifeform on the planet. But obviously that was no longer the case.

 

Driven by unholy lust that contrasted his holy-looking appearance, he had decided to stall his cultivation and focus on enhancing the cultivation of other Deer-type Beasts in the hopes that sooner rather than later, they would reach a size he could safely fornicate with.

 

The result was the Saint Beast Deer Clan.

 

However, even if he had been diligently cultivating all this time, he still would have lost his position as ‘number 1 under the heavens’. Over time, the Eridius World had given birth to a lot more aberrant beings and Dodo just didn’t have the qualifications to compete.

 

Well, not that he cared. His life was filled with endless peace! Who cared about fighting? He had all the pu- all the beautiful respectable Deers that he wanted! And even though he was duty-bound to protect Ciera, his great benefactor (who by the way, he loved very much), there was not a single time in history where she had suffered any form of assault.

 

Though, he would like to rough up her Heavenly father if he could, that bastard has disappeared off somewhere for over a hundred years, ignoring all the times the girl had cried out her heart for him.

 

‘Tch.’

75