Against An Army Of Chimeras!
1.7k 5 63
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-----

“Flashing Beam!”

Emeraldine used her Holy Light Magic to release a flashing beam of light which impacted one of the beasts and threw it to the ground. She then summoned plants that started to set root inside of its wounds, making the beast agonize in pain.

“GROAR!”

Also, just as I was about to save her from a giant leopard-like chimera, she was protected by her own magic as a massive shield made of hardened wood bark.

The massive shield hit the leopard in the face, throwing it to the ground for Emeraldine’s magic to finish it off.

And that’s the last one, which was slain half a minute after inside of my Shadow Storage.

Right after that, I got tons of EXP accumulated from the kills.

I just captured them and damaged them, but the EXP was still generous enough to grace me.

Ding!

[Calculating EXP gained…]

[You gained 120000 EXP!]

[Your Level has increased from Level 16 to Level 17!]

[Your Level has increased from Level 17 to Level 18!]

[Your Level has increased from Level 18 to Level 19!]

[EXP: 21056/38000]

Wow, three levels straight away! Good! We are making progress now! Now only 21 levels before my next evolution… Hahh… looks distant enough.

“Maria, we have cleansed everything here. Should we continue?” Asked Lucifer.

He was in his dragon form, and through morphing abilities, he could change his size even to fit this cramped underground place.

“Yeah, there seems to be more activity going on ahead of our path, so… Let’s get straight to the core of the problem,” I said.

We had to hurry, or the old man might end up running away from our grasp, and I am not going to let a Vampire go that was involved in the whole conspiracy that took down my family. Even if indirectly, he’s still at fault for the whole chimera experiments and using the souls of people that had died from other worlds in here through weird summoning rituals…

Caging kids is not a good thing, man. Even if you created them, that doesn’t make you the owner of their lives. That’s not how human rights work.

We left the room and reached the damp corridors of the facility, which were rather tight. There were many small rooms everywhere, where we found even more experimental things going on, or just storages filled with lots of magical items.

“Y-You filthy invaders! You’ve just entered my hideout somehow… But I won’t let you go now… You’re all going to die here and become my damn chimeras later! And give me back those damn kids!”

The voice of a typical cliché crazy scientist resonated across the entire underground. I couldn’t see him anywhere, so I assumed he used some artifact to speak to us from a long distance.

And then, we felt the presence of over twenty chimeric beasts rushing here from all the other corridors connecting to this one. Another battle was about to begin quickly!

“GROAR!”

“GRAOOO!”

“RAARR!”

These creatures were… slightly stronger. Every creature was either C- or C+ Rank, although we had yet to see something at B Rank. Perhaps they were extremely rare due to their great difficulty and power, so even a scientist like him cannot create a B-Rank monster so easily.

The creatures roared fiercely as I decided to play around some more while absorbing their Mana.

I activated the Domain of Shadows and Death Skill, which generated a large dark shadow all around us, below and above, and greatly enhanced our power by using these elements! Even our defenses and other stats were increased a bit more too.

“Oh, this feels good!” Exclaimed Partner.

She kicked a chimera in its wolf-shaped face and then used her spear to pierce the head of another with ease.

“GRAOOO!” Kuro roared fiercely as he leaped over his victim, a wingless bird-shaped chimera that seemed quadrupedal in nature.

What a horror, a quadrupedal bird!

“Indeed, I feel way stronger….” Muttered Lucifer.

Using his massive claws and phantasmal fire breath, he slashed his enemies and burnt them, making for a terrible duo that finished most of the creatures.

Meanwhile, I expanded my Shadow Tentacles, but I had no time to properly set up my “Shadow Net,” so I only used my Shadow Tentacles to catch the beasts and then slay them using Darkness Bullet and Shadow Arrow Spear.

A barrage of these attacks coupled with the boost of my equipment, the Job boost, and the Domain was enough to pulverize any chimera that dared to attack me.

However, I also took out my blade and began to slash away some of the monstrous creatures with the Demonic Blade courtesy of our good friend, the Necromancer, and his Skull Lord.

I used it alongside the Blade Slash Skill to release massive black and red-colored slashing attacks that slashed any beasts in half that dared to come near me.

Some managed to catch up to me, but I evaded swiftly, and Lucifer, Partner, and Kuro were backing me up and taking the big hits for me while Emeraldine used her magic to support us. Anything that wasn’t healing worked well on us, so she used buffs using her light magic to aid us in battle.

“Help… me…! HELP… MEEEEEE!”

A humanoid creature with the body of a middle-aged man who was filled with monster and beast body parts stitched on him, making him look like a grotesque mix of things, reached up to me.

It was a C+ Rank Chimera beast, and it seemed to be in pain.

It was asking for help desperately as his beast limbs slashed against me, his human hands were changed, and he had large, sewed blades stuck to them, which he used to slash or pierce through me, or, well, tried at least.

I evaded and healed back any minor damage I took until I managed to get a clear shot on its head and swung my blade dexterously, slicing off his head and then extracting his soul to purify and let it rest in peace.

This was the last one, and with that, we got even more EXP. I can already imagine the face of the old man right now.

-----

63