Chapter 9: Sitting down thinking
874 4 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sitting on the same sofa that he usually did when watching TV, Magnus stared at the black screen.

' There are two ways that one can interpret the concept of grasping. The first way is to grasp something. To grasp the hilt of a sword. To grasp a bottle. Etc. The second way to grasp is to comprehend something.'

The boy tried grasping his reason for being, only to fail. Still staring blankly at the TV screen, he attempted to grasp his purpose. Failure greeted him again. He then tried to grasp his reason for killing Keith. 

' Once is an accident, twice a coincidence, trice a pattern. Am I just bad at grasping knowledge? Is it the questions?'

This time Magnus tried grasping the knowledge on how to best fight bare-fisted and succeded. He grasped the knowledge and pulled it out of his mind and ate it. He then ingrained the knowledge into his body as instinct. No use thinking of how to fight when your body does it for you.

' It is the questions...'

The boy had yet to move since the start of his experimentations. He planned to keep it that way until the end of the allotted seven days he had given.

He called it project creep out observers by sitting still for seven days.

Of course, he did not need to move to use his powers. He was the embodiment of grasping. One does not need to use appendages to grasp when you have powers as Magnus does. 

In the same way, he had given himself the ability to fistfight, he too gave himself other abilities.

' Flight, telekinesis, telepathy, mental manipulation, intuition and soul chains.'

Giving himself a plethora of abilities calmed the boy significantly. Intuition is given him a supernatural sense of things that are about to or already happened. Soul chains literally chained his monstrous soul to his flesh. 

' Getting hit by soul related attacks should no longer affect me anymore. One more... chaos mind.'

Chaos mind allowed Magnus to grasp situations or meaning out of chaos. His own chaotic mind also served as a deterrent to all his would-be mind readers.

' Now time to try experimenting again.'

The boy continued in his mind, physically still sitting on the sofa staring at the blank TV.

18