Chapter 19: Time to go
619 4 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After scouring for new energies that he may have missed, Magnus practised manipulating energy outside his body. He wanted to be able to subconsciously micromanage the energy at his disposal. Mostly defensively in order to stave off any attacks that he might face when travelling through higher realms. He was under no illusion that interdimensional travel would be safe. However, being slightly paranoid that karma might bite him in the ass for what he had done to the poor girl Nuwa, he decided that extra defensive methods were necessary. 

So, he went on like this for years. What he had in mind was hard. Hard even for a being like himself. Especially because he was in a lower dimension. Everything was so fragile here. He felt like a bull on steroids trying to move around in a tiny cramped china shop. However, even if he was a bull, he wanted to be able to control every muscle in his body. Every small twitch that he could stop from happening may be the difference between getting out of a china shop without breaking anything.

Determined, he continued his fools endeavour for years. Years that turned into decades. 3 decades to be precise. The bench that he had initially sat on had long rotted and broke. He now sat in an abandoned park. One that had not had visitors for many years. He did not mind that at all. As an immortal, Magnus felt that it was important to know that everything around him would eventually turn back into their base particles. 

Sitting in the park for all those years had rewarded him, though he had nothing to show for it. He was now subconsciously manipulating energy to block energy.

Ironic? Yes. But Magnus did not care. What he did care about was the fact that he was using the environment's energy not his own.

Though still a little worried that his precautions were not enough, Magnus steeled himself and mentally prepared himself to travel into potentially dangerous territories. Looking around, He bid farewell to the place he had dwelled in for so many years.

" Maybe I should visit Nuwa first... I still feel a little guilty for practically enslaving her."

Killing the girl may have been more merciful than subjecting her to eternal slavery after all. So he left for his domain, it had been around 34 years since he last saw it. He was interested, no, excited to see what the girl had done to the place.

13