Chapter 24: Identity
527 3 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Magnus had walked for 3 days straight before he stopped abruptly. He facepalmed and sat down.

' Crap! Forgot to check if there are any changes in my soul.'

Staring at his own soul, he carefully searched for changes. Initially, everything looked about the same until he found words.

The great devourer eats dimensions, destroying all he sees.

The great one displaces all as he moves.

The outsider who inspires madness and insanity to all who stares into his eyes.

The outer god rises in power at an astonishing pace.

The hand that grasps universes.

The end has arrived.

Magnus stared at the words. He felt confused. Confused that he understood what these words meant to him. They represented his myth. His legend. This is what the lower dimensions thought of him.

He knew. He knew that if he flexed that muscle. Flexed the power within his myth. He would ascend again. He continued to accumulate energy even as he stared at it. This is the consequence of eating universes. He was collecting energy from the infinite universes of lower dimensions.

Divine energy?

Divine power?

He did not know. All he knew was that the power was entrancing.

' I should activate it. No... should I activate it? But why should I not? No.'

He decided to observe the energy first. Perhaps for the next 1000 years. Magnus overcame his greed for the currently available power using his greed for power that may possibly accumulate. 

Basically, he got confused and stopped thinking about it.

He continued eating universes and continued walking.

It took another 4 days to finally spot civilisation. The city was built on a hill. From where Magnus stood, there were tall walls built around the city. The city itself seemed to be packed to the brim with people.

Currently, Magnus stood at the edge of the forest that surround the city. 

' Hmm... medieval cities always seem to be protected by a circular wall. Why not build square walls? Or just odd shapes? Or just no walls in the first place.'

Of course, Magnus understood why they had walls. Over the past few days, he had stumbled over certain monsters. Goblins, trolls, ugly birds... etc.

Other than the odd rule where inhabitants who reach 1000 years of age will ascend to the 5th dimension, this world seemed like the typical fantasy world. However, he did not underestimate it. He had already felt the gazes of higher dimensional beings. The supposed gods were very much real here.

As he continued observing the city from afar, he felt someone gaze at him from inside the city. Immediately, he made eye contact with the person. Just as he could see her, the girl seemed to see him from where she sat. The girl wore a black dress with red frills. She had long flowing black hair that was tied up with a black ribbon. 

Her eyes flickered as if her soul was confused. They showed the deaths of countless people yet showed love for people as well.

Magnus smiled at her as she stood up still not breaking eye contact.

A fledgeling god...

10