Chapter 28: Apostle
520 8 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Magnus turned invisible the moment he walked out of the forest. He teleported straight into the city and started looking around. His goal was to make an apostle. Or at least, this world's equivalent of an apostle. From what he had gathered from using Rory as an example. Apostles are unageing agents of the gods that do whatever their gods want of them. 

Not very impressive to Magnus. Then again, she did not show any abilities that she may have had. Just in case, he decided that he would give his apostle a small ability and a weapon.

And so he searched the city for a suitable person for a month. Then, he returned to his domain and spent some time cuddling with a very cat-like Nuwa for 3 days.

When he returned to the city, he headed straight to his soon-to-be apostle. Inspired by Rory, he had decided to pick a teenage girl of age 14 years. Her name was Dice Corda. The girl was a beggar, an orphan and an immigrant. Apparently, her entire village was raided and burned down by bandits. Her parents were killed during the raid. She had escaped the fire and had barely managed to survive until now.

She sought revenge and Magnus was willing to give it to her. He had already checked, the bandits were still alive and kicking. In fact, their group had increased in numbers.

Magnus teleported in front of the girl and turned his invisibility off.

" Dice Corda, I choose you to be my apostle. Do you accept?"

The malnourished girl was sitting in an alley wearing half-burnt rags. She opened her eyes and stared at the boy in front of her.  Moistening her dry lips with some saliva, she asked her question.

" A-are you a god?"

Magnus nodded.

" Do you accept?"

She thought for a second and replied. 

" Yes."

She said weakly. Magnus smiled and put his relatively small hand on Dice's head. First, Magnus stopped her ageing and gave her slow regenration. Then, he granted her a passive ability. He created a small field around Dice that automatically changes the vectors of all projectiles that enter it. Never will she be hit by a projectile again. He then created a 1-kilometre field that makes little shifts of vectors around Dice, that she can subconsciously use to aid her in achieving her goals or protecting her. Subconsciously, at least until she figures out how to do it consciously.

Budget plot armour basically.

Taking his hand off the slightly glowing girl, he created a beautifully decorated dagger. A throwing dagger that will always strike true and return to the thrower's hand. However, if not thrown with enough strength, it may not pierce through the targeted point. 

' An appropriate drawback.'

He sheathed the dagger in a leather sheath and handed it to Dice who accepted it with wide eyes. Magnus stared at the yellowish-orange energy of luck that Dice was covered in.

Real plot armour.

" Good luck my apostle! My name is Magnus, the god of chaos, by the way."

After telling the girl his name, he turned away from the girl and rendered himself invisible.

14