Chapter 31: Family
501 7 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Since Magnus did not have much of a connection with the gods he decided not to meet them. Dice, on the other hand, ran off to meet and say goodbye to every one of them. 

After the ordeal, it was finally time to leave. Holding his daughter's hand, Magnus brought her into his domain. Dice immediately felt the change of air and started coughing.

" Father! Why is the air full of dust!?"

She glared at Magnus whose eyes simply widened in surprise. He looked around and realised that the barrier that he had put up around his little paradise had been destroyed. Quickly, he spread out his senses looking for intruders. 

There were none.

Although he still had no idea as to why his barrier fell, he put up a new one. This one started to crack the moment he did so. This is when Magnus realised that something was wrong with his barrier rather than there being intruders. He glanced inwards and found that his 'barrier' ability was still at tier 2.

Magnus nearly faced palmed when he saw this. His domain was connected to his soul and anchored in the void like a normal dimension. His domain must have 'levelled up' with him.

' I should really think of a name for my domain... How about the domain of rebirth, with all the destruction and recreation going on... this might be an appropriate name. I shall bring this up with Nuwa and Dice later."

" Lord Magnus! Stop thinking about useless things and fix your environment."

Just as Dice started yelling, Nuwa burst out of the mansion and tackled Magnus in a hug.

" Darling, the barrier broke. Fix it please the animals died. Now I need to nurture new ones again."

Nuwa started pouting while embracing Magnus. On the other hand, Magnus simply fixed Nuwa's hair and gave her a peck on the cheek.

" Right."

Magnus raised his hand and manipulated his domain's energy and made it so that the ash, destruction, recreation and his domain's general weirdness simply did not reach his home. Then, he put up a new barrier using his newly 'upgraded' tier 3 barrier ability.

With this Magnus shifted into a form that looked around twenty years old and hugged his unofficial wife. Bringing both his wife and daughter into his arms, he strode into his house. 

'Time to search for new places again. '

12