Chapter 34: Monster
459 7 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Magnus flew towards the source of the energy signature he had memorised. Towards the mastermind. He stopped mid-air when he saw a boy look directly at him. The boy beckoned for Magnus to follow him with his hand and started walking towards a cafe. The boy then sat down at a table.

Magnus teleported and sat himself down on the chair opposite the boy. The boy looked into the supposedly young looking man and chuckled.

" Why do you keep your body in such a weak state? Your soul... it is powerful enough to nourish your body."

The boy looked at Magnus warily for a second, realising that he could see his soul. Then, he sighed.

" You devour souls, don't you?"

Magnus' eyes glowed a little and tilted his head to the right a little.

" I do. What is it to you?"

The boy simply shrugged.

" Nothing. I simply cannot eat souls or I would have started doing so long, long ago."

Magnus' eyes glowed a little more.

" So, you are like me?"

The boy smiled and looked into his eyes.

" Let me tell you a story, child."

Magnus' eyes widened slightly as he heard this. He had made a hypothesis recently that the age of one's soul also has a use. He simply could not fathom what that use was.

However, he felt it now, the presence of the boy- no, the being before him. He emitted a feeling of age, of time, of an ancientness that only one who has lived for so long can replicate.

" You have time..."

" And you have the concept of devouring. I would gladly give up my concept of time for that particular concept!"
The being replied in an overzealous tone.

Magnus was shocked at this remark. He had once tried to obtain all the concepts he could possibly attain. However, his concept of grasping that could grasp space could not grasp time. Time was something that needed to be experienced.

The boy sighed.

" Nevermind... Let me tell you a story."

Magnus nodded.

" One day, a girl stared at me. She stared at me hard. She looked confused and seemed to have been trying to figure out what I was. I, of course, stared at her too. A potential enemy is best kept in sight.

She looked like a young blond. But her eyes, they were sharp like swords and shone with fighting experience like no other. She smiled during the entire encounter. Her expression seemed stuck in a perpetual state of smiling. After a few minutes of staring, she closed her eyes and walked away. As she did so, she said something under her breath.

can you guess what she said?"

" Just get on with it. You are starting to sound like an old man."

The boy pouted.

" I am eternally 20, you rude fuck!"

" Hmmph! Fine! She said, ' This sword goddess who smiles kills monsters. I found one that was neither monster nor human. Simply a being trying his best.'"

The boy seemed smug at that statement.

" You hear that! I am not a monster despite my age!"

Magnus looked bored.

" Make your point..."

The boy stopped and stared at Magnus with glowing eyes that glowed increasingly bright.

" My point? There was no point."

He pointed at Magnus and shouted.

" Begone monster from another land! Leave my planet alone!"

Magnus' eyes widened as he found himself back in his domain.

The sword goddess mentioned is the mc of the second series that is connected to the 'grasping universe'. The boy is the mc of the third series. Foreshadowing!

8