Chapter 35: Procrastination
454 7 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Magnus found himself back in his domain. Dice ran over to him and started shooting her barrage of questions.

" Lord Magnus! What happened? Did you find a suitable world? Was it interesting? Did you visit mom-"

Magnus turned to look at Dice in a daze.

" When did you start calling Nuwa, mom?! Why am I still Lord Magnus?"

Dice realised that her question was deflected and pouted.

" Not telling until you bring me to the new world!"

Magnus sighed and got up from the floor. The girl bothering him looked at Magnus curiously.

" Why are you on the floor anyway, my Lord?"

Magnus walked over to the sofa and sat down. He then searched his domain for any specks of that being's energy. Finding none, he sighed in relief.

" I accidentally stumbled upon another being's world and it kicked me out."

Dice's expression turned serious when she heard this.

" He managed to kick you out of a dimension despite your space concept? Was he really that powerful? Are we in trouble?"

Studying his soul for any damage, Magnus realised that the being did not mean harm. It simply did not like that he was trespassing. Finding his soul in perfect condition, Magnus answered Dice.

" The being was honestly not very powerful. But it was or is?... very experienced."

" Will it retaliate?"
" I believe that it will not, it simply did not like me."

Dice let out a sigh of relief and sat down next to Magnus.

" Will you be going out again?"

" You are all questions today, aren't you?"

Dice stared at Magnus indignantly and pouted again. This caused her lord to laugh.

" No, no, I will not be going out to find new dimensions yet. This encounter made me realise that if I could eat lower dimensions, there must be other beings that can do the same. I would be highly unlikely that I would ever meet one but it is still possible."

" So, what will we do? I don't want to cultivate for all eternity..."

" Hmm... I just have to put my hopes in that..."

" In what?"

Magnus scratched his chin and stared blankly at the wall. Dice noticed this and started slapping Magnus softly.

" Come on, tell me!"

" My concept of grasping is tier 7. It has a distinct difference from anything below it. The rest of my tier 5 abilities and concepts seem to have a limit of sorts. Whereas the tier 7 ability does anything it is supposed to do as long as it is something that I can imagine happening. So-"

Dice narrowed her eyes at this statement and frowned.

" I want to visit Rory tomorrow. You are not worming your way out of that."

Magnus simply sighed, Dice had seen through him before he could even form his excuses to procrastinate.

9