Chapter 42: Cultist
367 5 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Standing at his full height, the man who stood taller than most skyscrapers proclaimed the good news to the lesser creatures he had subdued for his lord. Looking down to address the tiny creatures formerly known as humans, Carkas the herald announced the prophecy he had received from his lord.

" Our lord Magnus has proclaimed. Soon, we will all be devoured by the great one. We shall be a part of him. Though minuscule, we shall proudly be that tiny bit of strength he allows us to be. Now breed, multiply! The more sacrifices there are the more we shall add to the Lord. May he use us when we join him."

The head cultist of the order of destruction finally opened his third eye on his forehead for the first time since his birth. The orb itself was black, not at all like a normal eyeball. It certainly was not an eye he could see through. What it did do, however, was allow him to signal his Lord. To tell Him, that the world was ripe for the plucking. 

Carkas was ecstatic. He was able to call on his Lord, all on his own. All he needed to do was sacrifice and turn his life force into magical energy and pour it through his third eye. Secretly, he hoped that his Lord would reward him for his centuries of dedicated worship. Dozens of family members sacrificed, millennia of travelling from world to world fattening up worlds for his Lord to devour. 

Picking up a device, he swiped on its screen, checking the statuses of the 5 other worlds he had conquered. The mating project of the 9 intelligent races he had subjugated. According to his statistics and analysis, everything was going well. The mating plants, energy plants and all his other energy propagating projects seemed to be stable.

Yet, he was unsatisfied. 

How could he be? He was certain that all his efforts were probably not even enough to be noticeable by his Lord. Due to this... fact. Carkus decided to spare some of the energy he had at his disposal and created an army. A technological army, designed to take over worlds and build more energy plants and factories. Self propagating machines, in the name of his lord. Made to enslave all species they come across.

Carkas really hoped that this much work was enough to get himself a reward from his lord. He was getting really tired of existing.

6