Chapter 43: Hanging out
375 4 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Despite the fact that Magnus did indeed start gaining more energy after his announcement, it was still far from enough to destroy the mountain blocking his path. He was not certain if everybody needed to pass this mountain to enter the 9th dimension, but since it had suddenly appeared in his soul, he wanted to destroy it.

For whatever reason, he did not panic that a foreign object had appeared in his soul. Usually, he would have been more paranoid. However, looking at this mountain, he realised that it had something to do with the... laws? Like concepts, there seemed to be laws as well. 

Then, Magnus was hit with an epiphany. Ascending felt very similar to slowly removing laws that were placed on a person.  As he ascended through the dimensions, mobilising his energy became easier. Breaking the set rules in a world became easier. Things simply became easier to do as he rose.

Laws of existence left him the further up he climbed. Like chains breaking as he ascended. Staring at the mountain before him, Magnus wondered if this was the last major obstacle.

Shaking his head, Magnus returned to his realm with a thought. Opening his eyes, he found himself in his home. 

" Welcome back, dear!" Nuwa greeted him as he materialised.

Returning her greeting, Magnus looked at her and found that she had a serious look on her face.

" Dear... You do remember that you are immortal right?" 

Blinking a few times. Magnus blushed a little from embarrassment and laughed out loud. Sitting down next to Nuwa on the sofa, Magnus wiped the tears from his eyes and replied.

" Yes, yes. I can't believe I forgot. Though, I do have a feeling that my forgetting that had something to do with the universal laws."

" Universal laws?" Nuwa titled her head cutely.

" Yes, I realised that ascending is basically the act of removing universal laws. Hmm... Kinda like those cultivation novels you like reading. Our ascension system seems to be very similar to cultivation. In a way, I call my energy gathering cultivating. Breaking through for a cultivator in your books is basically ascending the dimensions for us."

" Oh, now that I think about it... Then, why is it so safe and easy unlike in the stories?"

" That's because I am here of course!"

" Of course, Of course." Nuwa giggled at his statement.

6