Chapter 128: Tragedy
384 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 128:

Tragedy

____________

 Inside the "PW", his wives were sitting on sofas or soft chairs as their hearts wanted to witness their husband's power, but instead of that, they were clenched in anguish from seeing that scene of him coughing dark blood.

 Annie was playing with her long blue curled hair near Anna, but after seeing him so calmly bear such pain without cursing or blaming her at all for basically leaving him no choice but to take that toxin from her into his body to save her not long ago.

 Annie's right hand, which played with her hair, pulled the hair so hard that it almost ripped the chunk of her beautiful hair from her head.

 

 'I'm so useless… I swear, I will heal you… I swear… I will say this again, thank you for saving my life, darling. I love you…' Annie cursed herself for being helpless, but then her heart again was filled with warmth and deep feeling from the love and care her dear husband showed her.

 Not far away, Selena almost lost her footing at seeing that scene, but Skylar quickly catches her.

 She also was very worried about Vincent, but she was much older than Selena and knew how to hide it.

 "He will be fine. He is much stronger than we are all together, so don't worry too much, you hear me? He will come to us safe and sound and tonight we both will make him do whatever he wants to us, intimately, okay?"

 Selena blinked a few times before she managed to calm herself a bit. She looked at the black figure of her man on the screen.

 "But… this is all my fault… If I just didn't get hit by those toxic ants, then he would be fine! It's my fault that he suffers so much right now," said Selena as she was on the verge of tears while her lips trembled. 

 Skylar treats Selena as if she was her daughter, so seeing her blaming herself to the verge of tears, she herself almost began to lose her cool as various feelings overwhelmed her.

 Bella was calmly sitting nearby Emilia with tears on her face. In her mind was a storm of feelings as she blamed herself for being powerless to help him, then Annie and Selena for his current state, then again herself for thinking bad about her sisters, but in the end, it turned only into a deep concern for her husband.

 On the other hand, Emilia had her right hand on her belly as she prayed for his well-being to reassure herself.

 'He is one of the strongest men in the world, so nothing will happen to him, nothing…'

 …

 *Tphew*

 Vincent spits some leftovers of blood from his mouth and then wipes his left hand.

 Only a few seconds passed from his casting those two spells.

 'I can't waste time anymore,' Vincent looked in the distance, where the dozen were more than dozen huge beetle-like ants stood, but they never moved after arriving from under the ground.

 'Wait… Isn't that the location through which the elves go?' though Vincent , before a theory was born in his mind, 'Are they not attacking me because they were ordered to stay their ground to not allow me to go through them to help elves…? Either way, I will know soon.'

 Vincent's blood crimson eyes surveyed the area as he squeezed the "Black Frosty Katana" in his right hand and took a step forward

 The little ants that were isolated by the fire tunnel were still there, trying to cross the firewall that became weaker and weaker with time. 

 *Screech~*

 A group of 3 2nd ranked ants managed to find a safe spot to cross the firewall and instantly attacked him after they jumped and flew with high speed towards him.

 They crossed 7 meters in 1 second and were about to hit Vincent.

 But, the moment their little bodies entered the zone of influence "Dark Blaze", the black fire immediately annihilated them into dust. 

 Vincent didn't pay any attention to those low-ranked ants, the real threat was 4th ranked beings or powerful 3rd ranked ones that could use advanced elements.

 'Those 3rd ranked beetle-like ants have some "WE" within them. I better not eradicate them but leave their corpses intact before sending them into the "PW" storage room that is specially made to hold various resources.'

 Vincent gripped the handle of [Black Frosty Katana] before his figure disappeared with an explosion. 

 *Boom!*

 The ground where he stood was blown up as Vincent used his basic [Fire Dash] spell to cross short distances.

 The world slightly changed its look under the sudden influence of high momentum.

 He crossed 60 meters in 1.4 seconds as he sped up towards the direction where the 3rd ranked beetle-like ants were.

 As he ran ahead without caring about the attacks of ants from the swarm that attacked him only to die instantly without doing anything to him.

 Vincent became quite satisfied with this [Universal Battle Armor-Suit] spell. But he knew that these ants were nothing to him even without using this spell. 

 He needs a powerful target to see the spell's worth. 

 *Swoosh~*

 After another 2 seconds, he could clearly see that group of 3rd ranked beetle ants as he arrived not far away from them. 

 They also saw him, but still didn't move to attack Vincent.

 *Screech!*

 A 3 huge beetle-like that was the closest to Vincent loudly screeched upon his arrival.

 'I see, so you all will stay your ground to stall me till the end… Fine by me,' said in his head, Vincent, before his long white-black hair began to rise up.

 He never saw those big ants fly, so…

 [Fly]

 Vincent began to rise into the air after he used the basic 3rd ranked Wind spell.

 He raised higher and higher.

 1 meter… 4 meters… 10 meters… 20 meters…

 After he reached 30 meters, he somewhat sensed a slight danger from below.

 The dozen beetle-like ants raised their huge heads into the air to look at Vincent with her tiny black eyes before their maws opened.

 *Hhhaaaa!!*

 From their big maws, a black substance was shot out. The amount of this substance that was shot out from just one beetle-like ant was enough to cover a group of people.

 Vincent saw this attack and since he was in the air and already was overwhelmed from using multiple complicated spells at once, could not dodge or cast a protective spell. 

 But this was fine too since he could finally test the protection this armor-suit spell gives him vs 3rd ranked elemental attacks. 

 Vincent raised his right hand to cover his head as the attack arrived. 

 *Splash~!*

 The massive black-colored substance splashed at Vincent, covering all of his body.

 To Vincent's satisfaction, the "Dark Blaze" and "Elastic Clay" didn't even feel that attack as the attack evaporated upon touching the "Dark Blaze".

 But some of it managed to touch his white hair.

 Vincent looked with his blood-colored eyes at the tip of his white hair that began to melt, releasing some toxic stench.

 'This is acid… And quite a strong one, but still is far from enough to harm me if I will not put down my cautiousness,' calmly wondered Vincent.

 He lowered his right hand that hid his head and held "Black Frosty Katana" as his hair flew under winter's cold wind. 

 Using this opportunity of being high in the air, he looked deeper into the winter forest to confirm his hypothesis. 

 As he looked into it, the girls in the "PW" also saw and heard everything that he was.

 More than 100 meters away from him, on the bloody ground, he saw how the two elven men fought the ant's swarm that had three 3rd ranked, a dozen of 2nd ranked, nearly fifty of 1st ranked, and thousands of regular ants encircling them. 

 'It's Austin and Nicholas. They looked quite bad, but where is the rest? Where are Talia, Alaya, and Luis?' Vincent saw how Nicholas used Wood's magic to protect himself and his old friend Austin from ranged attacks of 3rd ranked ants while Austin desperately tried to stop others.

 They were all covered in cuts and blood, theirs and the ants. 

 Nicholas lost one of his eyes, while Austin didn't have a left arm, but they still resisted.

 As Vincent surveyed their situation, he noticed how some ants dragged a few elven corpses that had some of their limbs ripped off to the nearby hole.

 '... I guess I need to accept Demi into our family tonight too. She will need me the most after seeing this…'

 …

 In the "PW" the two elven women that stayed in the main hall began to heavily tremble before one of them suddenly fainted on the spot but luckily was caught from hitting the floor by Emily.

 It was Amina. 

 The moment she saw the limbless bodies that were dragged by ants to the nearby hole in the ground, her heart stopped as tears began to fall from her eyes as she noticed who those bloody bodies were. 

 How could she not recognize them? 

 "No, no, no. It can't be… I don't believe it…" Amina fell to her knees and tears began to fall from her chin on her legs and the floor. She turned to look at her daughter, "D-Demi, please, say that this is just some sort of my hallucination or something… Please…" 

 As Amina saw how her daughter weirdly looked at the screen before Demi's body also began to tremble, Amina realized that this was not a hallucination.

 Her heart filled with despair and her mind went blank as she fainted. 

 

6